Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ollie Clark
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 18th 10, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Ollie Clark
Ski Insurance

BrritSki wrote:
On 17/11/2010 15:13, Ace wrote:
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 14:07:48 -0000, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

Anyone got an opinion of Insureandgo or...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 9th 10, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Ollie Clark
avalanche ratings

Ace wrote:
On 01 Apr 2010 11:03:31 GMT, Ollie Clark
wrote:

So the number ratings should be taken only as a first high-level
guide; if it's 3 or more you really...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 1st 10, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By Ollie Clark
avalanche ratings

Ian Blake wrote:
Do they really mean anything?

I guess they're fairly meaningless in the grand scheme of things. They
are given for an entire resort AFAIK so they can't accurately reflect the
risk...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 25th 10, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 39
Odd
Posted By Ollie Clark
Odd

Ace wrote:
On 24 Feb 2010 17:19:15 GMT, Ollie Clark
wrote:

Roger Moss wrote:

Which, of course, would buy you a whole day's ski-pass in most of the Alpine
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 24th 10, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 39
Odd
Posted By Ollie Clark
Odd

Roger Moss wrote:

Which, of course, would buy you a whole day's ski-pass in most of the Alpine
areas...

Yes, which is great if you live 30 minutes away from an alpine area.

Odd,...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 24th 10, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 39
Odd
Posted By Ollie Clark
Odd

Ace wrote:

Went there a few times when it first opened, as I lived locally. And
yes, it was crap, but the best that was available at the time. I'm
glad to hear that the more modern ones are...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 16th 10, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Ollie Clark
decline

Paul S wrote:

It's a shame as the newsgroup was always good value, but I think a lot of
discussions were started by non-regulars asking stuff about different
resorts and conversations would...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 16th 10, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 39
Odd
Posted By Ollie Clark
Odd

Roger Moss wrote:

"Pip Luscher" wrote in message
I didn't think tumbleweed was an Alpine phenomenon.

Forum: European Ski Resorts January 6th 10, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 22
Posted By Ollie Clark
Gloves

Colin Irvine wrote:
I bought some Hestra gloves a year or two ago to replace my original
pair, and they've been warm enough up to now. However, they couldn't
cope with Tignes last week, -17C at...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 27th 09, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Ollie Clark
ZERMATT has deepest snow

Bill Tanner wrote:
The ski resort at ZERMATT, SWITZERLAND has the greatest snow depth of
any ski resort in the world...4 meters (13' 4")

Er, OK.

Where do you get your figures from because as...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 19th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 34
Posted By Ollie Clark
OT in some locations: New skis

wrote:
Jérémy wrote:
(x-posted to ukrm in case no-one uses the ski groups any longer)

With great sadness I think I'm going to have to give up my old X-Screams.
The bases...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 15th 09, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Ollie Clark
Transport in Aime la Plagne

Chris E wrote:

Does anybody know if this is feasible, either on foot or by some form
of
shuttle bus (or maybe a ski lift)? Or are we better off just looking
for deals at the other Club...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 6th 09, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 46
Posted By Ollie Clark
Why only ski Europe?

TOG@Toil wrote:
On 6 Mar, 09:30, "Jérémy" wrote:
(The Older Gentleman) wrote :

You...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 16th 06, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 19
Posted By Ollie Clark
Les Arcs/La Plagne

Rob White wrote:
We've been to La Plagne a couple of times and feel that it is not demanding
enough and the runs lack variety, and decided not to go there again.
However, We've been asked to...
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 22nd 06, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Ollie Clark
Anyone skied in Dubai?

wrote:
Anyone tried skiing at the sunny mountain in Dubai?

Nope. Seems a long way to go when the Alps are only a few hours away!

I was wandering if anyone knew the prices...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15