Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Charles Jutkins
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 9th 08, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By Charles Jutkins
renting boots

I would take your old boots with you just in case.
I went through the boot buying process and had to try on many boots of
different bands before settling in on a pair ,then I had aftermarket...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 24th 08, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 33
Posted By Charles Jutkins
How often to Hot Wax?

Every couple a times out for Cold Snow?
What about spring conditions?
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 22nd 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Any Tahoe Reports

Now that spring has sprung
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 3rd 08, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Charles Jutkins
too much snow

Park City = Heated Driveway
"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Another 2 feet at the snow mansion.
Road not plowed.
My...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 2nd 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Charles Jutkins
SUGGESTIONS NEEDED FOR SUMMIT CO SKI TRIP IN FEB

Base altitude where you stay is 9000 feet be sure you have done some
physical conditioning before you go.

"skiwithlove" wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 1st 08, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Breakaway ski pole straps

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote in
message ...
On 2008-01-31 16:25:58 -0700, "Charles Jutkins"...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 31st 08, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Breakaway ski pole straps

Do they breakaway in an emergency such as the pole getting stuck on
something and you continuing down the hill?

"DZN" wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 27th 08, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Breakaway ski pole straps

From what I can see on the Goode website only the gloves that attach to the
ski poles have the detachable in a fall option.

"VtSkier" wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 27th 08, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Breakaway ski pole straps

Is Goode a ski pole brand

"VtSkier" wrote in message
Charles Jutkins wrote:
Has anybody seen these for sale in any shops ? There...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 27th 08, 03:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Breakaway ski pole straps

Looked at them seems totaly off the subject.

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
On Jan 26, 7:39 pm,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 27th 08, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 16
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Breakaway ski pole straps

Has anybody seen these for sale in any shops ? There is a patent for this
but I have yet to see them for sale anywhere. I don't use my straps anymore
after having suffered a dislocation due to the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 18th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 28
Posted By Charles Jutkins
freeride ski length?... sugar, snoop daddy or B100 squad?

Why not Volkls or K2's ?

wrote in message
Hi everybody! I would appreciate Your opinion on freeride...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 16th 08, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Why are the Colorado lift tickets so expensive

I assume its because its the premier area in the US but the California
tickets at the premier spots are still running a little less. Even Copper
and Breckenridge are pretty high .
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 3rd 07, 12:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Charles Jutkins
skis length

Go to some of the ski sites, for instance Volkl , and they will tell you for
and Intermediate something like to the tip of your your nose.

"Canucks" wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 7th 07, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Epic Ski/Ride Experience in South America this Summer

This link doesn't produce a web site it says server not found.
"Summer on the Snow" wrote in message...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) April 24th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles Jutkins
20!! more inches

Any place left open besides Kirkwood ?
"lal_truckee" wrote in message
A toast to Ullr.

May your skis run...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 24th 07, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles Jutkins
20!! more inches

Any place left open besides Kirkwood ?
"lal_truckee" wrote in message
A toast to Ullr.

May your skis run...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) April 24th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles Jutkins
20!! more inches

Whats still open?
"lal_truckee" wrote in message
A toast to Ullr.

May your skis run straight, may your hunts be...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 24th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles Jutkins
20!! more inches

Whats still open?
"lal_truckee" wrote in message
A toast to Ullr.

May your skis run straight, may your hunts be...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 8th 07, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Skis for a newbie

I would rent ski't at first since you will go through the smaller beginning
sizes pretty fast if you have reasonable athletic skills. After you have a
couple of weeks to months time on ski's you...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 8th 07, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Skis for a newbie

You might want to consider a good set of boots first , if you don't have
them, as they will effect your enjoyment of the sport a lot. I probably
would look for used ski's after getting a set of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 25th 07, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Charles Jutkins
which Volkl ski best for me ?

Though I was pointed at the AC3's without trying the AC4's somehow I demoed
k2 appaches outlaws which are 88 cm wide. I really found no downside in
going wide
the ski's gripped well and were loose...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 17th 07, 05:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Charles Jutkins
Tahoe reports?

Does anybody have onsight reports from the Tahoe area. I would think its
spring skiing conditions but are there any brown spots yet ,and how soon in
the day does it get soft , slussy and icy?
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 15th 07, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 29
Posted By Charles Jutkins
can one skis be significantly faster

Too many variables one significant one since F=ma the heavier skier will
always have better acceleration given the same ski's and tunings, provided
the skiers have equal skill . Also new undamaged...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31