Manmade loop at Hyland? That would be nice! I've always had a little
beef with Three Rivers Park and their Elm Creek expansion in recent
years. I'll preface it by saying they probably had good...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 13th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Prepping for Races

I'm a wave 1 Birkie skier, so no expert, but here's what works for me.

#1. Don't lift weights or do intervals in the 2-3 days before the
race. When I ski, I definitely can notice if I've lifted...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 14th 07, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
City of Lakes Loppet 2008

I really like the City of Lakes Loppet. The course is so different
than the Birkie or Vasa. Tons of variety: Parks, Golf Course, Lakes,
Woods, Hills, city street(s), over-passes, under-passes,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 4th 07, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Kuusamo torrent?

YouTube to the rescue! Here's the Men's Sprint (Classic) Final.
Short, and not the best quality, but it's better than nothing. :)
Thanks "eufemiano1992"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiXB-hqq9YM
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 8th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Still Skiing in VT

On a side note, Marquette Michigan has received 47" of snow this April
alone!! That already breaks the April monthly record, and there's
still over 3 weeks left in the month.
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 1st 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Photos from Stockholm and Falun

Good pics Oskarlin! Thanks. I'd love to see a World Cup race in
person.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 29th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Odd-Bjorn speaks Japanese

I didn't find it amusing, but I DID find his small final Drammen
finish pretty good though. :D
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 07, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
roller ski length

Oh, I should have mentioned this. I just recently bought
rollerskishop.com wheels for my Elpex F1's. Here's my impressions:
http://www.xcskiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=320
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 07, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
roller ski length

I have the Elpex F1's and the shaft length is 600mm. I have the
Salomon Profil rollerski flexors (125) and they do not drag at all.
But, they DID drag with the original combi flexors I had in there....
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 07, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Stockholm sprint video online!

Thanks for posting the races!
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 07, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Drammen pics

Good pics! Team Today always has great photography on their
website :)
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Resources for the newly-hooked!

Thanks to everyone for their replies so far. How best to choose
roller-skiis for the novice roller skier? Obviously safety is a
factor esp. since I've never done it...thanks.

Wear a helmet! ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
removing Salomon binding screw covers

The only way I've found to get them off is by prying them out with a
small flathead screwdriver. One on each side works better.
Unfortunately this slightly deforms the plastic pin.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
VASALOPPET FINISH

On Mar 7, 1:10 pm, "tassava" wrote:
Anybody having luck playing this? I pulled down an *.asf file which
won't play on my Mac (not VLC, not MPlayer, not QuickTime +...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 07, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
New Atomic Boots?

I wonder if Atomic will have a new boot on the market next year?
(2007/2008) I've been seeing a new Atomic boot in World Cup races.
It appears to have a carbon fiber heel cup (or maybe it's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 07, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Birkie Decision

Birkie Elite Criteria?

What's the eligibility requirements for the Elite wave? I though it
was the top 200 men from the previous year's race, but there are 3
guys in the top 20 this year (including...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 08:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

52F and rain now! The National Weather Service seems pretty confident
we'll wake up to fresh snow on Saturday. The crazier the better, as
long as it's the full course. :) Today (Wednesday) SHOULD...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 07, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
Hayward, WI Wed Feb 21

52F and rain now! The National Weather Service seems pretty confident
we'll wake up to fresh snow on Saturday. The crazier the better, as
long as it's the full course. :) Today SHOULD be the last...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 15th 07, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
ummm windbriefs

I have Swix windbriefs, but I don't think they are effective at all.
What I've found that does work well is long underwear bottoms with a
FULL windproof front panel. Craft and Swix makes them, but I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 15th 07, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Removing cork grips

I stick the grip end into a sturdy plastic bag, then dip it into the
hot water. The bag keeps the cork from ever getting wet, but it still
heats up nicely.
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Mora MN Vasaloppet 2003 finish?

Flat-trackin' on Sunday!!!

And I can't wait! I'm too weak to be a good hill-climber, so these
lakes races are great for me. All I have is a long, lanky V2. I just
hope the glide is good.
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Classic ski bindings

On Feb 1, 11:56 am, "Norski" wrote:
I'm switching to the NNN system next year, so have a bunch of SNS race
classic bindings that I bought new this year. They will be on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
swix force 10 poles

There have been Force 10 poles on eBay lately. I think there's a
160cm pair up now.
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
City of Lakes Loppet outlook

I think it should be good to go. I was out shoveling earlier this
week, and one of the guys leading the crew suggested this might be the
best conditions ever for the race. We moved a LOT of snow...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 59