Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eddy Rapid
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 23rd 09, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Canadian Triple Ski Challenge

The Canadian Ski Marathon and the Gatineau Loppets are over and we
have four skiers who have accomplished the Canadian Triple Ski
Challenge of completing all 160 km of the CSM, and both Gatineau 53...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 09, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Eddy Rapid
anyone do the Gatineau Loppet?

On Feb 17, 5:14*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Sounds like it was super-fast conditions, and not cold.

That is what it was. The weather was perfect: not too cold, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 09, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Eddy Rapid
lifting toes/wax pocket

On Jan 27, 7:19*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no"
"Terje Mathisen" "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 09, 01:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Attempting a Historic 1st tomorrow! -- a 36-mile hilly trail

Way to go! I assume you didn't ski THAT in jeans and t-shirts, did
ya? ;-)

http://outyourbackdoor.com/images2009/jp.tim.waterloo.ski.med.jpg

Parham.

On Jan 31, 11:46*pm, jeff potter...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 09, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Attempting a Historic 1st tomorrow! -- a 36-mile hilly trail

On Jan 30, 12:39*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I'm going to try to ski the Whole Big Famous Waterloo-Pinckney Trail
tomorrow with Tim Feldkamp. 36 gorgeous hilly ungroomed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 14th 08, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Technique at the CSM? And other loppets?

On Feb 13, 10:42*pm, John Hogg
wrote:
chrism;120560 Wrote:

On 11 Feb, 23:04, Eddy Rapid wrote:-
CSM= Canadian Ski...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 13th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 12, 7:48*am, chrism wrote:
On 11 Feb, 23:04, Eddy Rapid wrote:

CSM= Canadian Ski Marathon, *the longest organized classic ski event..
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 08, 10:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Technique at the CSM? And other loppets?

On Feb 11, 5:21*pm, chrism wrote:
Well I don't even know what the CSM is, but I have plenty of
experience of touring and touring style skiing, as well as now some
racing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Technique at the CSM? And other loppets?

On Feb 10, 4:20*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I keep asking about touring-style technique and nobody is interested.

But I have a hunch that those who ski all-day with a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 08, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Canadian Ski Marathoners, Bon Courage!

On Feb 10, 8:54*pm, wrote:
On Feb 8, 3:57 pm, Eddy Rapid wrote:

Looks like a lovely weekend for it, though afternoon waxing may get
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 8th 08, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Canadian Ski Marathoners, Bon Courage!

Looks like a lovely weekend for it, though afternoon waxing may get
technical, especially on day 2.

Best,

Parham (CSM# 166)
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 17th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Worldloppet News

On Aug 16, 2:32 pm, "
wrote:
There is news of an official designation for "Global Skier",

Global Warming Skier

Interesting comment...

I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 28th 07, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Roller Ski Pole Grip with Toko Gloves (unpadded suede) versus Padded Bike Gloves

On Apr 27, 3:33 pm, "
wrote:
On Apr 27, 1:51 pm, wrote:

On Apr 27, 5:49 am, John Forrest Tomlinson...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 8th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Accommodation suggestions for North American wordloppet races?

You've got tons of choice for the Keski. If you want to go budget
downtown ottawa:
http://www.hostelsweb.com/cities/ottawa.html

If you want to go comforable business hotel within 10 minute drive...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Dream snow in Austria for my XC christening!

This is great, Jan! In some way's I envy the freshness of the
experience you're having ;-) Look forward to your progress reports.

Parham.

On Mar 21, 1:00 pm, Jan Gerrit Klok...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 07, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

Jeff,

Thanks for the on-the-spot report, and sorry to hear about the
situation there. Do you know how the conditions were the next day?
Would it have been feasible to hold the race the next...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 07, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

On Mar 18, 11:29 am, "Terje Henriksen" wrote:
"Terje Mathisen" skrev i ...

Eddy...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

On Mar 18, 11:29 am, "Terje Henriksen" wrote:
"Terje Mathisen" skrev i ...

Eddy...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

Wow is right! Safety does come first obviously, especially when people
haven't signed up to an expedition-style adventure.

I'm thinking of doing the Birkebeiner-Rennet next year. I think of
all...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 07, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Eddy Rapid
2007 Vasaloppet Sweden trip report

On going 90 K, here's my trick: One 10K at a time X 9 of them ;-)

Didn't consider a converter. Will do for the next time. Thanks for
the feedback and the suggestion.

Parham.

On Mar 11, 3:58 pm,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 07, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Eddy Rapid
Two Italian Races to Consider and Advil warning

Stuart, thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about your ulcer. Good
message of caution about due care in using anti-inflammatories. I used
to pop'm as 'sports candy' and stopped after some stomach...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Eddy Rapid
2007 Vasaloppet Sweden trip report

Here's a little write up I put together of my 2007 Vasaloppet trip.
Really enjoyed the experience. Hard to believe it was only a week ago.

http://momtahan.com/vasa2007/

Parham.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 07, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Eddy Rapid
No lack of snow on Vasaloppet!

Yes, I did the HalvVasan from Oxberg to Mora on Tuesday (mostly on the
Vasaloppet trail with an extra part around a lake to make it up to 45
km) It was a pretty flat course for what we're used to in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 07, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Eddy Rapid
No lack of snow on Vasaloppet!

It is great snow conditions in Salen and Mora, Sweden. And it is so
far looking good for the weekend. Good luck to all the RSN
Vasaloppeters!

Jim Kelley, did you make it here? If you're starting...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 20th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Eddy Rapid
New route for 2007 Keskinada

A number of CSM and Keskinada 2007 stories, including mine, are now on
the XC Ottawa site (Thanks for your patience, Craig ;-):

http://www.xcottawa.ca

By the way, Peter Hoffman is still climbing...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45