Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 5th 08, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Where to skate roller ski in or near Palo Alto, CA?

I got these routes on Stanford campus a while ago from a local. I
still have not tried them out myself.

There are basically three loops, with lots of little variants you can
add.

1) Mayfield...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 19th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
San Fran Bay Area rollerski group?

Just in case folks are interested, I created a Google Group for Bay
Area CA roller skiers. Consists of folks I have randomly met on Canada
Rd on the weekends. Hope to grow the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 5th 07, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
San Fran Bay Area rollerski group?

Was wondering if there would be enough interest from Bay Area roller-
skiers to get together to train. I see misc folks out on Canada Rd
most Sundays. Would enjoy skiing with more folks.

Will throw...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 29th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
light boot covers to protect boots while learning to roller ski

- Falling is big but minor concern (hopefully not happening a lot).
Will scuff up the boots.
- Boots will get dirty and grimmy, depending on how clean the road is.
- Worst is probably if you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 29th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
light boot covers to protect boots while learning to roller ski

My personal bias would be to go get some used or beater ski boots to
use for dedicated roller skiing (or best case use an old pair of your
own, trickling down the old snow pair). You will feel a lot...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 27th 07, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Roller Ski Pole Grip with Toko Gloves (unpadded suede) versus Padded Bike Gloves

I have not had a lot of durability success with the Toko or Swix
rollerski gloves. They just fall apart somewhat quickly (crashes
probably helped too but ...).

I have been using Pearl Izumi GEL-lite...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 07, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Nordic Combined Lahti

I did not tape it unfortunately.

I know there are fans and non-fans of WCSN out there. But I think it
would be worthwhile for more of the US xc ski community that is
interested in watching these...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 07, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
VASALOPPET FINISH

Try out the newest vlc version 0.8.6 for Mac (and Win). They added
support for Windows Media Video 9 and Flash video files just in
version 0.8.6.

http://www.videolan.org/

And I am pretty sure vlc...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 7th 07, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
VASALOPPET FINISH

Both sets of video files play fine for me on a Mac with VLC 0.8.6a.
Only get audio with Quicktime player though. I do not think these
components are being used to watch the video but have...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 08:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
VASALOPPET FINISH

finish of vasa:
http://www.mininova.org/tor/607569
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 08:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Another great day in Sapporo: 50 k classic

Looks like a partial video of the race is p:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/607568
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 07, 09:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
What's going on with Bjorgen?

Think you need to be a lot more specific about a training plan when
saying something works / does not work. I would guess Bjorgen is doing
a lot more, longer and harder block intervals than the vast...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 07, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
ATTN: don martin, dardruba, xcskier09 and GROUP--- Your Val di Fiemme Mass start 15/30k videos

Sorry Don. I just checked my client. It seems the original tracker
used for the torrents was no longer active, thus distributed tracker
kicked in (which makes it harder for folks to get the files). I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 07, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
ATTN: don martin, dardruba, xcskier09 and GROUP--- Your Val di Fiemme Mass start 15/30k videos

Might want to check your client. I am showing 3 seeders of the 15k
race, 1 seeder of the 30km race, and 2 seeders of Munich. Might just
take some time since seems many folks are active with the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
video of Kikkan Randall head motions

Just so it is clear, the DVD is talking about V1 / steep hills and 60
degree rotation max _observed_. Flatter terrain results in much smaller
angles (IE 5 degrees over flats). In addition, the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 09:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 60
Posted By [email protected]
video of Kikkan Randall head motions

Sorry if this gets posted twice.

A great DVD on this topic would be to check out:

http://www.xczone.com/newskitech.htm

There is a section that talks specifically about body rotation as part
of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
swix force 10 poles

So is there any appreciable wearing out of XC ski poles over time? Is
it worth purchasing new poles every few years? Any good reasons?

Generally, the models do not change that much from year to year...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 07, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
video ski world cup 06/07

Greatly appreciate the video as well!

I think the issue with the torrents is more when the one seeder jumps
on, everything is getting shared to a similar degree across all files
and all peers. So...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 5th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Video Lillehammer '94 - 4x10km relay

NBC "The Great Race" video of 94 is at:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/536450

Quality is ok but it works ...

tassava wrote:
I finally had the chance to watch this yesterday, having never seen any
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 2nd 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Sucky final sprint at Munich

This is not working for me either. Has anyone been able to download and
is able to seed? Would be much appreciated.

Matt Wylie wrote:
I've tried downloading the torrent for the munich sprints but...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 22nd 06, 07:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Video Lillehammer '94 - 4x10km relay

I am seeing 3 folks in the swarm but no one has the file ... Anyone
successful in downloading the file? Thanks.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 06, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
MPEG (Old) races have arrived!

Sorry will post future ones in Sports related section.

Anyone able to seed the biathlon races posted Dec 14th? Would be
appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.mininova.org/sub/159/added

Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
MPEG (Old) races have arrived!

More torrent files from Tomas are posted:

http://www.mininova.org/sub/113/added
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 06, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
Mpeg. Mens 15km Classic at Cogne

There are a few more posted. Thanks goes to Tomas for the files.

wrote:
Do these torrents work for folks?

http://www.mininova.org/sub/113/added
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 06, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic