Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jake
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Jake
Roll Out Start?

At first, I was a little bit skeptical about the benefits of a ski-out
start, but the most recent post may have changed my mind. The idea of
a little bit of immediately-pre-racing warm up really...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 22nd 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jake
aukland running

Just FYI, that was Justin Freeman, Kris's big brother that made that
comment.

On Aug 22, 11:26 am, "32 degrees"
wrote:
Anyone else see the fasterskier.com article...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Jake
Dryland Double-Pole Training

On Feb 19, 6:36 am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 22:40:33 -0600, wrote:
I like what used to be called the Exer-Genie,
but now...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 16th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Jake
Races in Vermont and lodging

On Feb 15, 11:07 am, "central park rollerskier"
wrote:
Hi, I'm thinking of driving up with the family the weekend of the 24th
and 25th for some races in Vermont....
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 07, 05:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Jake
Pole Length Recommendations

Hi Bill, my experience is that all the things you mentioned - arm
length, individual style, type of skiing, etc do make a difference in
how long or short your poles should be. I don't think there's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 14th 06, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jake
Dumb question but serious

I wasn't getting heartburn, just an upset stomach, at first making me
want to burp, then if I kept training making me want to throw up. The
tagamet is an antacid so it will help to neutralize the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 13th 06, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jake
Dumb question but serious

Hi, I've spent most (off and on) of my ski racing life struggling with
the same issues you're talking about. My senior year in college I had
gotten myself in good enough shape that it was effecting...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 17th 06, 05:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Jake
hot wax box

Hi Hank,
the thermostat (actually considered a temperature control, apparently)
I used is made by Johnson Control, model A419. You can find it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 15th 06, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By Jake
How much force on each pole?

Jeff, perhaps you could speak with this paddling coach and figure out
what he means by "hullspeeds of about 5 lbs resistance". If he means
that the water offers 5 lbs of resistance, then the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 11th 06, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Jake
hot wax box

I made one last summer using a regular, $15 hairdryer, bought at
wallmart, connected to a fairly fancy digital thermostat that had
shutoff temperatures in 1 degree increments up to about 200 F. It...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10