Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Lee[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 10, 11:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Salomon's New Classic Propulsion Binding and the Salomon SkateWedge.

On Mar 18, 9:04*am, wrote:
Andrew Lee wrote:
I've been using no-heeled shoes for running (Feelmax brand) for only
the past half week, but they are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 10, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Salomon's New Classic Propulsion Binding and the Salomon SkateWedge.

Douglas wrote:
I saw some pics of the new Salomon Classic Propulsion binding on
Fasterskier. They're going back to one axis and a rubber flexor. A
good idea. I'll use my Pilot Classic for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 10, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Source for replacement Salomon Profil Equipe heel plates?

wrote:
Does anyone know a source for replacement Salomon Profil Equipe heel
plates (i.e. the newer style with the cut-out)?

There's no way you'll bend the second pin on the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 10, 07:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Olympic teams

On Jan 19, 1:20*pm, wrote:
Norway: Lars Berger in the relay, talk of Alsgaard's return...

U.S.: No Holly Brooks (wasn't she the most consistent in the domestic
races?)

Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

wrote:
I looked into Pellestovas but it looks like they are not produced
anymore, and my Glittertinds seemed like the closest match. I may
still be able to find them...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 09, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

wrote:
Do they make metal edge skis with racing-like scintered bases, no
fishscales?

My first pair of skis, before I ever got any race skis, was the
Madshus Pellestova...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 09, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

Andrew Lee wrote:
This series looks like it would be good for beginners. *She has really
crisp technique, and she is a good instructor.

Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 09, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Swix Steel Brush Or Not?

Andrew Lee (correction):
I'm NOT saying it's the case with your
skis, but unfortunately many skis just suck, even if you do everything
right in terms of matching flex to your weight, structure,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 09, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Swix Steel Brush Or Not?

ADK Skier wrote:
I was reading Swix's wax recommendation for the Birkie. The writing
says the Swix Steel Brush will open up structure and the pores of the
base. They suggest a softer copper...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 8th 09, 05:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

Gene wrote:
Professional Ski Instructors of America (the States' equivalent of
CANSI). *PSIA Lvl 3 = CANSI Lvl 4. *It was a side comment, which you
seemed to miss the point of.

Never heard of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

On Feb 7, 7:08*am, wrote:
I have to disagree with you there, Andrew. *Holly is making an
instructional video, Kikkan is not and looks to be taking a very easy
workout (in the race...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 09, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

Gene wrote:
Good suggestion. *I've only looked at the intro and V1 videos, and
they're basically very good and she instructs clearly. One thing I did
notice, however, is that with her V1 is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 09, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

anders wrote:

PS it seems she would easily outski or outrun me as well:http://www.athleta.net/chi/featured-athletes/holly-brooks/

(Doesn't say if she's married,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 6th 09, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Good XC ski how-to book, media?

jeff potter wrote:
Some of the vids I've seen seem too advanced tho they supposedly start
out with the basics.

I checked out a bunch of YouTubes. One seems good for beginners, if
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 09, 06:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
passing in a classic ski race?

wrote:
On Jan 21, 5:26*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
In a race the slower skier should move out when overtaken.

"Track" is pretty universal for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 14th 09, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Did Babikov win final climb TdSki? Can't see it...

jeff potter wrote:
Weird.

Are you sure?

So the big finale shown on the video simply didn't feature or mention
the STAGE WINNER? Just ignored possibly a bunch of skiers who finished
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 08, 04:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
Old Exel Evo straps: suggestions?

DMK wrote:
and
added an extra 1.5 inches to the shaft to boot. *All is good now.

Family newsgroup, Buddy!
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 08, 03:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Andrew Lee[_2_]
everyone putting the index finger thru the loop on the ct1 pole

SpokaneDiscount wrote:
swix pole..im assuming everyone uses the loop at the top of cork grip?

Yes, but I put my entire hand through the...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18