Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dave M-K
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 22nd 08, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Dave M-K
New Wheels

It is about time to replace the wheels on my Marwe 610s. I know
replacements Marwe's are expensive but they do last a LONG time. Anyone
have feedback on the wheels Rollerski shop sells? ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 23rd 08, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Dave M-K
Will oil prices kill XC?

I agree that it is significant but enough to kill the sport? probably not.
There may be some areas that get hit really hard by this but I also think
you may see some areas do a bit better. Most if...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 17th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Dave M-K
Will oil prices kill XC?

I do think the snow mobile community will feel the pinch harder for the
reasons you mention. Grooming will be impacted greatly. There are numerous
areas that groom with volunteers and donations,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 16th 08, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave M-K
Marwe Question

I think I saw a picture in Silent Sports a couple years ago of someone who
used the Jenex brake on Marwes. I don't have the issue anymore but maybe
someone else recalls this. The Jenex brake goes...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Dave M-K
Economic strategies for trail systems...

It's not just yuppies that want high quality grooming. At our local trail
system, if the grooming is sub-par, we hear it from guys in spandex and guys
in Dickies and Packer's jackets. You might...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 08, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Dave M-K
roto cork heat?

Toko's tech manual, online at tokous.com I think, has some relatively
detailed instructions. They say use high rpms and high pressure. After
rotocorking the base is supposed to look oily. Having...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 08, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
2008 Birkie

One thing that will be interesting to see as time goes by is how many people
do the classic. There were probably 15-20 elite wave skiers that opted for
the classic this year.

The Birkie (and the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 20th 08, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
Pilot Classic - Why

Seems like the main problem with the classic pilot is that the spring gets
loaded with snow. I wonder if salomon has considered replacing that with a
'rubber band' of sorts. You wouldn't be able...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 08, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By Dave M-K
Any way to tell if wax is high fluoro or not?

Aren't the sparkles only evident in pure fluoros?

Dave

"Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)" wrote in
message...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Dave M-K
white area on black base

Could be kick wax creeping into the glide zone. I have a pair of Madshus
that are on the soft side and this happens quite often with them. late kick
is also a factor. I think it's been discussed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 28th 08, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
Trouble With Salomon Pilot 2 Classic Binding

I've had the same problem, as have many others. Sometimes mine a re
wonderful, sometimes they click in and out, sometimes they don't engage at
all. One temporary fix is to warm the bindings...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 08, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave M-K
Canmore

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
"Daniel" wrote in message
http://www.euchannels.net/web/Nrk2.asx - here it's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Dave M-K
Canmore

It's not video or pictures but you can 'watch' live splits at the following.

http://www.sportresult.com/sports/cc/cc.asp
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 18th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
Strap on bindings?

You could try a Berwin binding. I think Akers out of Maine still sells
them. They are designed to be used with pack type boots but would probably
work with the boots you have. Don't expect much...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 14th 07, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
Wax Iron

Unfortunately since we do not MAKE the irons we cannot control the
MANUFACTURES graphics or color schemes but if you've ever sene "Pimp My
Ride", I have not but have heard about it, get ready for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 11th 07, 12:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
Wax Iron

Dell

Remember the beauty of the service is that you don't have to purchase a new
iron, we grind, recalibrate, and prewax your existing iron! I know this
doesn't solve your back up iron issue but...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 7th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Dave M-K
Wax Iron

Dell

I was having a similar thought the other night while waxing, and came up
with a new service for shops.

New Service-Iron Evaluation. Concerned about the status of your wax iron?
For only...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 07, 01:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave M-K
WCSN

I posted about www.wcsn.com last year and was a bit unimpressed. It seemed
like a good idea thouh, $4.95 a month for video on demand of all WC races.
In the end not all races were there and many...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 07, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Dave M-K
Rollerski Double Push

Fasterskier has some video footage posted from Andy Newel. Is this the
fabled double push that has been so often discussed? It's in the skate
video in the starts section then drop in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 5th 07, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Dave M-K
Best pant for very cold and windy conditions - windproof front and back, or windproof front only?

Another good option from Sporthill are their windsheild pants. They are
light weight fleece with a windproof front. I find them comfortable in a
very broad temp range. Full side zips and two...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 7th 07, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave M-K
Roll Out Start?

Jay

My vote would be to have a seperate start and finish and not transport bags.
Last year we transported bags and people by a bus. Some people opted to ski
back to the start on the course. Some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 31st 07, 12:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave M-K
Roll Out Start?

"Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" wrote in message
On Aug 30, 10:16 am, wrote:
(e.g., Jay's infamous...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave M-K
Roll Out Start?

"Scott Elliot" wrote in message
Dave,

Why would this be better or more fair than a mass start?

Scott

The course widens to 2-3...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 28th 07, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Dave M-K
Roll Out Start?

Does anyone know of a ski race that does a roll-out start similar to those
done with bike races? A race I help organize has thrown this idea out there
as a way to utilize the same start and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 13th 07, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By Dave M-K
tunnel vs treadmill

If that was the only skiing I had I would probably ski it more than I think.
Let's just hope it's a while before it comes to that in the Keweenaw.

If you like IR by canoe, you should try it by...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30