Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Melinda Shore
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 10, 05:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Melinda Shore
temporary wax for waxless skis when all stores are closed?

In article ,
Meg wrote:
Our
second snow today is a wetter snow and it's very difficult to move
without...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 15th 10, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Melinda Shore
narrow heel wide toe box NNN skating boots?

In article ,
wintermutt wrote:
i do not want to change all my bindings! i do race however i only race
for fun (...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 10th 10, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Melinda Shore
Update from Osceola

[]
In light of recent discussions about Salmon Hills I thought
people might be interested in this and want to show up. I'm
no longer in NY but I'm still on Hugh's mailing list, and
this morning's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 14th 10, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Melinda Shore
Bigotry and grip tape [was New theory says we are entering a cold cycle!]

In article ,
Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
It's an excuse to hand over power and all cash to Jewish bankers.

Lordy.

And...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Melinda Shore
Any places close to Salmon Hills?

In article ,
Larry wrote:
With Salmon Hills closed, are there any other places in that part of
NY state...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 11th 09, 11:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Melinda Shore
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

In article ,
wrote:
Ok. Considering that the Asnes skis only come in waxless,

??? No, they don't. ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 09, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Melinda Shore
Can I get fishscale metal edge skis to glide?

In article ,
wrote:
Do they make metal edge skis with racing-like scintered bases, no
fishscales?...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Melinda Shore
Best midlength waxable touring ski?

In article ,
jeff potter wrote:
Maybe it's more than just a racer wannabe ski. 48mm-44-46 seems a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 09, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Melinda Shore
Best midlength waxable touring ski?

In article ,
jeff potter wrote:
Well, maybe my raving is for naught. Is there a waxable midlength...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 12th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Melinda Shore
More reports on Start Grip Tape?

In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
The first situation is when I ski on my local...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 5th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Melinda Shore
Any classic boots have heels that are too tight?

In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
So...do YOU have troubles fitting classic boots? If...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Melinda Shore
Can NNN BC boots be used with plain NNN bindings?

In article , wrote:
Thanks, Mitch. These touring bindings have full length grooves, with a
break in the middle, as do the Alfa boots, which...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 15th 08, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Melinda Shore
Can NNN BC boots be used with plain NNN bindings?

In article , wrote:
The short answer is no. I think it's partly the wider bar and the
bindings' different wider boot rail pattern, allowing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 7th 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 23
Posted By Melinda Shore
Resistance for Aero 150's - A Poll

In article ,
wrote:
I've been confused about this. I thought that the Jenex folks said not
to reduce the tire...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 17th 08, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Melinda Shore
Will oil prices kill XC?

In article ,
Dave M-K wrote:
I do think the snow mobile community will feel the pinch harder for the
reasons you mention. Grooming...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 12th 08, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Melinda Shore
Will oil prices kill XC?

In article ,
gr wrote:
wrote:
Do you expect to travel less to snow this winter? Global...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 08, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Melinda Shore
Kick bike?

In article ,
gr wrote:
What are the various types if wheeled things in this category that will
work well on streets,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 29th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Melinda Shore
Economic strategies for trail systems...

In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
The ignored market might be worth further...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Melinda Shore
What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

In article ,
DirtRoadie wrote:
In any case, what is the coldest typical daytime temperature that
those of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 14th 08, 12:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Melinda Shore
Rossi Thermo Adjustable Fit

In article ,
wrote:
The Rossignol X5 boot comes with Thermo Adjustable Fit. Is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 13th 08, 10:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 55
Posted By Melinda Shore
Now: RSN is a civilized NG Was: Serious reviews/discussion of DayTouring gear?

In article ,
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote:
Nope. My only complaint is when you stoop to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 08, 11:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Melinda Shore
Have you had frostbite?

In article ,
WasGitchi wrote:
When you talk about increase cold sensitivity, do you mean, "the
nerves are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 08, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Melinda Shore
Have you had frostbite?

In article ,
WasGitchi wrote:
Is this just an urban myth?

No, it's a common problem with mushers, who can...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 7th 08, 07:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Melinda Shore
"Best waxers post win at nationals"

[]
The Fairbanks News-Miner has a good article on the US
championships at: http://newsminer.com/2008/01/07/10749/

In general, both of the big Alaska newspaper have pretty
good original reporting on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 6th 08, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By Melinda Shore
Waxless

In article ,
Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
Fork off with that how many days on snow rubbish. If you can't comment
remotely...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62