Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: runcyclexcski
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 10th 15, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By runcyclexcski
Cross Country in the Dolomites: Ortisei/Val Gardena - Alpe diSiusi, Val Lunga, Montepanna

Nice to see this group still going. I have moved to the UK about a year ago, no skiing here. :( But we were able to go skiing in Geilo, Norway, for 10 days. It was my first time in Norway, and first...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 14, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By runcyclexcski
No glide in cold weather

NJ, huh? Check out Pete Minde's site oxygenfedspot.com, and contact him for local advice on skiing in NJ.

Cold new snow is indeed slower, but it should not be that bad. When I lived in NJ I shipped...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 14, 01:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By runcyclexcski
rollerski skating treadmills

Any idea how much those big treadmills that can be used for rollerski-skating cost? Moving to an area with no snow (UK), and curious what it would take to get one. I hear treadmills for equine...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 9th 13, 02:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By runcyclexcski
UK-bound, puzzled

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 6:50:09 PM UTC-4, dardruba wrote:
I have heard Scotland is the place to go!

I'll second that.

But just remember this is a small island crammed with people into...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 5th 13, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By runcyclexcski
UK-bound, puzzled

Found this place:

http://www.skiweardale.com/about.html

I wonder if anyone has skied there!
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 4th 13, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By runcyclexcski
UK-bound, puzzled

On Thursday, July 4, 2013 2:43:13 PM UTC-4, Terje Mathisen wrote:
runcyclexcski wrote:

Hey fellow RSNers,

I just accepted a job offer at a university in the UK

Forum: Nordic Skiing July 4th 13, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By runcyclexcski
UK-bound, puzzled

Hey fellow RSNers,

I just accepted a job offer at a university in the UK (Leicestershire). I am prepared to rollerski most of the time, but where would the closest XC skiing be (suitable for a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 13, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By runcyclexcski
Long climbs in NJ revisited

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:23:19 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Thanks for your reply. Advice well taken. Will need to pick a weekend when it's not brutally hot and humid (the drive up there...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 13, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By runcyclexcski
10 mm baskets on 7 mm poles

On Thursday, May 30, 2013 2:24:04 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 29 May 2013 17:36:17 -0700 (PDT)

I am thinking to put a 10 mm basket in an hot oven and bring it close

Forum: Nordic Skiing May 30th 13, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By runcyclexcski
Long climbs in NJ revisited

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 8:32:41 PM UTC-4, runcyclexcski wrote:
Sunrise is highly recommended. Yes, it's not super steep, but it's well worth the drive. You can use speed reducers if it's too...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 30th 13, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By runcyclexcski
10 mm baskets on 7 mm poles

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 10:13:22 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I've mixed and matched grips, straps and basket brands successfully over

the years. Stove and boiling water, along with one of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 30th 13, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By runcyclexcski
Long climbs in NJ revisited

Sunrise is highly recommended. Yes, it's not super steep, but it's well worth the drive. You can use speed reducers if it's too easy for you. :) Also, it can be skied downhill with some practice....
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 27th 13, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By runcyclexcski
10 mm baskets on 7 mm poles

Races I do these years are mostly held late late in spring, when the snow is wet and soft. Did "Ski To sea" at Mt Baker, WA yesterday: it hasn't gone below freezing for several nights in a row, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 27th 13, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By runcyclexcski
Rollerskis: Placement of Wheels and Cutting Bindings...

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:11:01 AM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
Regarding cutting the binding, I'll bet you could do that reliably with a Dremel-type cutting wheel. It would produce a small-width cut that...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 19th 13, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By runcyclexcski
rollerskiing with a "Chariot"

See a lot of "wobble" back and forth? I would love hearing from those folks.

On Sunday, May 19, 2013 2:12:20 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Sat, 18 May 2013 21:33:35 -0700 (PDT)

Forum: Nordic Skiing May 19th 13, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By runcyclexcski
rollerskiing with a "Chariot"

Can you rollerski-skate (or double-pole) pulling a Chariot with a being inside? How much weight can you pull before the skating technique falls apart? Can you get bad habits from skating with one?...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 18th 13, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By runcyclexcski
Roll your own rollerskis

On Friday, April 26, 2013 1:21:18 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I would like to try rollerskiing, but absolutely cannot handle the

off-the-shelf ones. For various reasons, I need ones a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 18th 13, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By runcyclexcski
Lake Placid rollerski

On Friday, May 10, 2013 2:58:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I remember seeing Lake Placid roller ski training or racing footage on youtube. Would be a great place to test my climbing...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 27th 12, 11:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By runcyclexcski
Where is the snow?

skied at WhiteGrass, WV on the 23d.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 27th 12, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By runcyclexcski
kuzmin vs real waxing

Anyone care to do a side-by-side comparison on Kuzmin's products and old good waxing, and publish the results in Trax, AXCS magazine, this newsgroup, fasterskier, etc? I got this idea from...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 27th 12, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By runcyclexcski
Stonegrinding Options in New England

I've dealt with Zach before, and liked his service.

By northeast you mean a place where you could drive and drop your skis of? I think there will be some shipping involved anyway. I believe I saw an...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 8th 12, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By runcyclexcski
team required for world championships

On Wednesday, August 8, 2012 11:56:24 AM UTC-4, R1 wrote:
Hey sorry for the delay in replying - for some reason Google Groups didnt advise that i had a reply. This offer still stands. I have since...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 13th 12, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By runcyclexcski
Roller ski Fiddlers Elbow road in NJ

Looks like Ken is doing well - everything you wanted to know on hillcimbs in NJ

http://www.roberts-1.com/b/u/nj/hills/index.htm
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 13th 12, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By runcyclexcski
Roller ski Fiddlers Elbow road in NJ

On Sunday, May 27, 2012 10:58:32 PM UTC-4, Larry wrote:
A few years back, someone mentioned roller skiing up Fiddlers Elbow in
north Jersey. Since it looks like a couple of hours' drive for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 12, 03:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By runcyclexcski
Kind of lame ski season!

On Mar 22, 9:10*pm, gr wrote:
Good thing I went to New Hampshire for a week and spent a lot of time at
Great Glen and Bear Notch! (Bretton Woods was kind of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49