Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 15th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Prepping for Races

It's fun to read other people's pre-race rituals and race strategies.
Here are some of mine.

I also tend to start too fast. Even when I know I'm going too fast, I
have a hard time pulling myself...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Glove and Mitten Maintenance?

I always bring in my gloves in to dry them out. I just set them on
the window sill where they will catch some sunlight during the day,
but I don't bother to turn them inside out or wash them...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 5th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
light boot covers to protect boots while learning to roller ski

I don't think spending money for boot covers for this purpose is a
good investment. I recommend you put duct tape coating on the high-
scuff areas. It's a lot cheaper than any off-the-shelf option,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 30th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 37
Posted By [email protected]
Roller skiing protective gear

Without boring you with my story of rollerskiing, here is a list of
all the safety equipment and techniques I use to stay safe:
* Helmet - Well duh! But you would be surprised how many young bucks
I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 27th 07, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
How soon do you start ski specific training?

I'm not a FrontRunner, but I echo his response.

Others can comment on what works best within a well structured yearly
training plan, but here's my take. I'm not going to compete in an
olympics in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Birkebeiner-Rennet cancelled - wow

Wow, it must have been really bad. I came very close to traveling to
Norway just to ski that race this year, I'm now glad I didn't. I
decided to go ski the Tour of Anchorage instead. The friendly...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 07, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Tour of Anchorage

I'm traveling to Anchorage to ski the 50K Tour this weekend and have a
bunch of questions.

What is the course like? I've never skied the course and don't know
what to expect. According to the topo...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Old Race Results

I am trying to find the results from some of the first races I skied,
many years ago. I have looked on SkinnySki, but all they have is
links to long-expired PDF files on other servers, so that was...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 07, 04:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
City of Lakes Loppet outlook

I agree. The snow cover is thin, but adequate throughout the course,
so the whole course will be good by Sunday. I was out shoveling the
course a couple of times last week too, Thursday and again...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Grip Waxes

For training, I use whatever's cheap. For racing, I use Toko. I'm not
sure, it may not be the best (but where I finish, it probably doesn't
matter all that much.) I like it because I only need 3...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Grip Waxes

I've been a skate skier for many years, and now am starting to get into
classic skiing. After a summer of classic rollerkiing, this will me my
first time classic skiing on snow (or, in the case of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 26th 06, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
NOR Birkie not accepting US Birkie

I went through their web site and couldn't find any mention of this.
Is this for wave placement or for entry into the race? Links would be
helpful.

I'm curious because I just started dreaming about...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 31st 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Lower Back Issues

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I am starting to be more
aggressive with the piriformis stretch (longer, pushing a little
harder, and more sets) and dropping the back-ups, or whatever they...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 30th 06, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Lower Back Issues

That's one of the stetches my PT recommended, but she said do 4 sets of
15 seconds for each leg. I'll try doing 30 seconds per set and see if
that helps. I agree with the assessment of classic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 29th 06, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By [email protected]
Lower Back Issues

I have persistent problem with muscle cramps and occational minor pain
in my lower back. It'e been there consistently for most of this year.
It's not really painful, and doesn't prevent me from doing...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15