Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris Cole
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 27th 10, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Cole
Nordic Combined LH / 10 KM race

rec.skiing.nordic wrote:
Gold and Silver for the U.S.!!! Demong finishes first, Spillane +4.0
and Gruber (AUS) takes the Bronze.

I'm pretty sure Gruber is not Australian, but we'll take...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 10, 09:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Cole
Halfway point between Royal Gorge, CA and Bend, Oregon with decentskiing?

Hi guys,

Currently planning a road trip from San Fransisco - Royal Gorge -
Bend, Oregon - McCall, Idaho - Silverstar, BC for early 2011,
intending to stop and ski for 3 to 5 days at each...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 09, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris Cole
Fuzzing up your old skates

Hi all,

Has anyone ever tried making a pair of "classic" skis by scratching the
hell out of the underfoot zone on a pair of firmly flexed skates?

Just curious if one can make their own "fuzzies"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 21st 09, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Cole
Fischer "Zeros" or similar "chemical-based" skis...

Hi guys & girls,

Just curious what experiences people have had with Fischer Zero
"waxless" classic skis, or their equivalent? Pondering the merits of a
pair of RCS Crowns for our lovely marginal...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 30th 08, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Cole
Södergren OK!

The rock must be working, eh?

Cheers,
Chris

I wouldn't say for sure that it's working, but I would say that it
might be.

Cheers as well,
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 08, 06:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Cole
Södergren OK!

wrote:
On Nov 28, 7:49 am, Chris Cole wrote:
wrote:
Looks like the prayers worked.
No, it doesn't. :)

Chris

Are you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 28th 08, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Cole
Södergren unwell

Jeff and Stephanie Kalember wrote:
PS. Check definition #4. Lance did conquer it. As for prayer, I'm not one
to do it, but didnt want to sound kooky and say something like "sending
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 28th 08, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Cole
Södergren OK!

wrote:
Looks like the prayers worked.

No, it doesn't. :)

Chris
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 25th 08, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Chris Cole
Eurosport in Australia?

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Eurosport is available through any of the pay-TV
companies in Australia? Specifically a version of Eurosport that shows
all/most of the world cup nordic skiing??...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 24th 08, 08:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Chris Cole
Södergren unwell

Apologies for being pedantic, but one doesn't conquer testicular
cancer... you're lucky enough to find it early, have a non-aggressive
type or one that responds favourably to available treatments,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 15th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Chris Cole
Will oil prices kill XC?

Terje Mathisen wrote:
Jim Whalen NULL wrote:
On Jul 10, 1:24 am, "
wrote:
Do you expect to travel less to snow this winter? Global...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 17th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Chris Cole
do you wear reg socks or thin socks or 2 pair of socks or?

I use only Bridgedale socks, they are the absolute best I've ever
found and I've tried a bunch in the past 35 years. Best fit, best
comfort, best warmth for the weight, EXTREMELY good wearing....
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 7th 08, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Cole
Kikken Randal gets DVT

wrote:
See www.fasterskier.com for Kikkan's blog and Anchorage Daily News
article on her medical condition.

Something in the newspaper article, referring particularly to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 7th 08, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Cole
Kikken Randal gets DVT

wrote:
See www.fasterskier.com for Kikkan's blog and Anchorage Daily News
article on her medical condition.

Something in the newspaper article, referring particularly to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 08, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By Chris Cole
exercise physiology question

Jeff and Stephanie Kalember wrote:
Hey all, a question for anyone out there with an exercise physiology
background.

My wife has recently embarked on a weight loss/exercise plan at "Curves"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 08, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Chris Cole
Anyone need a lift from Boise to McCall on Saturday 23 Feb?

Hi everyone,

I'm driving from Boise airport to McCall, leading up to the Masters
World Cup, leaving the airport about 1800hrs, this Saturday, 23rd Feb.

If anyone needs a lift (transport options...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 08, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Cole
Transport options for Masters World Cup 2008 in McCall, Idaho

Hey maybe we'll meet in McCall! Are you coming all the way from Aus?
Big trip! Its the middle of the anitpodean summer too! Well done.

I bet you'll be able to find a couple of other skiers...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 08, 06:53 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Cole
Transport options for Masters World Cup 2008 in McCall, Idaho

Hi all,

If anyone is familiar with the Boise - McCall area and knows of any
bus/train companies that have regular services between these two places,
I'd love to hear from you. :)

Flying in for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 21st 07, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris Cole
New midlength skis---glide as good as full-length?

I got a few pairs of the Nordic Cruisers (Cruiser or Voyager model I
think) and ski 90% ungroomed. They have narrowed them a little each year
(used to be around 54mm wide), but they turn...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 19th 07, 10:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Chris Cole
Mobile phones in the US...

Hi guys,

I'm travelling to Idaho for the 2008 Masters World Cup in McCall early
next year. I have an ancient mobile phone on a prepaid account that
won't support global roaming.

Might seem an odd...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 8th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Chris Cole
Boot alternatives for roller skiing

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone is manufacturing "summer" skating boots
(profil, pilot or R4) for roller-skiing??

I'd like to avoid trashing my winter skating boots, and perhaps
something...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 4th 07, 01:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
91
Posted By Chris Cole
91

32 degrees wrote:
91 degrees (32C) here yesterday with 100% humidity.

I F%**&%*** hate summer.

bring on the snow.

JKal.

Forum: Nordic Skiing July 3rd 07, 07:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Cole
Nordic skates...

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had much experience with "clip-on" nordic skates in a rink
situation? Pondering the merits of buying some to fit my Salomon Pilot
boots to use at the local rink.

Kind...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 22nd 07, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris Cole
Summer Solstice

wrote:
The days are getting shorter. Think snow!

Ski Exuberantly,

Hank

Mammoth Lakes, California
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 30th 07, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris Cole
SNOW!!!

WoohooOOOOo! The white stuff is finally here!

Okay, it's not quite enough to ski on yet, but it's looking good so far.
=)

Chris
Showing results 1 to 25 of 36