Showing results 1 to 25 of 36
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 19th 07, 09:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
Finally on snow!

Temperatures have been consistently cold for a week, and there are now
some well-prepared tracks at my local area. Last night the parking lot
was almost full, and I had to keep looking over my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 19th 07, 09:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Waxless Fischer country crown grip

On Dec 17, 3:16 pm, Novice Skier wrote:
I am skiing with 200cm Fischer waxless country crown skis
and weigh 152lbs.

On Dec 8 I was skiing Hubbard hill in New Hampsire and
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 8th 07, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
(OT?) Outdoor Life the Friluftsliv Way

On Nov 2, 2:51 pm, David Dermott wrote:

For those who can read Norwegian, interview with Nils Vikander:http://www.hint.no/nyheter/nyhet.php?ID=1947

And for those...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 31st 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
V2 Aero 150?

On Oct 31, 2:54 pm, "Matt" wrote:
Joseph:

I have V2-150s with unfortunately too few miles. My comments:

I think they are good on "good" dirt roads. They...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 31st 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
V2 Aero 150?

On Oct 31, 2:50 pm, wrote:
You'll need a smooth dirt road for any rollerski to work. Aeros or
Elpex Off Road. For double poling and occasional skating on pavement,
what's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 31st 07, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
V2 Aero 150?

Hi All,

I just went out for my first roller-ski session of the year, and
probably my third ever. The reason I haven't used them much is the
vibration numbs my feet, and I don't want to get run over...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 26th 07, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing near Stavanger?????

On Oct 26, 9:42 pm, invicta wrote:
On 26 Oct, 20:36, "

wrote:
On Oct 26, 3:00 pm, ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 26th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing near Stavanger?????

On Oct 26, 3:00 pm, wrote:

1.Closest skiing place is Brekko and if our new snow canon works out
it will produce this winter. 40minutes drive from Stavanger.
Not allways snow...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 21st 07, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Snow?

Hi All,

So who is skiing yet? (Northern Hemi)

Joseph
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 18th 07, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
new ski tunnel, 1400meters

On Oct 18, 4:04 pm, Terje Mathisen
On Oct 11, 6:37 pm, wrote:
this time in Norway, not far away from...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 18th 07, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
new ski tunnel, 1400meters

On Oct 11, 6:37 pm, wrote:
this time in Norway, not far away from the Swedish one in Torsby.http://www.langrenn.com/skandinavias-lengste.543648-1743.html

If built, it will be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 07, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Socks for skiing

On Oct 15, 7:20 am, "Micheal Artindale"
wrote:
Wool, or wool blends make my feet sweat excessively.

other suggestions?

Thanks

Micheal
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rollerski Boots

On Oct 17, 2:27 pm, wrote:
I was interested in the new Alpina Rollerski-specific boots after
first reading about them at some of the NENSA-sponsored rollerski
races this...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 14th 07, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
California/Tahoe relocation suggestions?

On May 14, 8:02 pm, Booker C. Bense bbense+rec.skiing.nordic.May.
wrote:
In article ,

Forum: Nordic Skiing May 14th 07, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
California/Tahoe relocation suggestions?

On May 14, 5:54 am, klh in VA wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,

I am vaguely considering relocating to somplace in Central or Northern
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 13th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
California/Tahoe relocation suggestions?

Hi All,

I am vaguely considering relocating to somplace in Central or Northern
California. Various other family members live in San Francisco, and
other nearby areas. Those places are out of my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 07, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Dream snow in Austria for my XC christening!

On Mar 21, 6:00 pm, Jan Gerrit Klok Jan.Gerrit.Klok.
wrote:
I got bad and good luck : car broke down after 113km/910km. Had to leave
it behind, it will be taken apart, it`s...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Rower does well at Vasaloppet

On Mar 6, 8:13 pm, "Jan Gerrit Klok"
wrote:
schreef in ... That idea of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Rower does well at Vasaloppet

On Mar 5, 4:58 pm, wrote:
I'd like to hear from someone who knows this better. Normally in the
Vasa there's a lot of shifting among the top people skiing together,
sharing the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Rower does well at Vasaloppet

On Mar 5, 3:32 pm, wrote:
Keep working on those abs and upper body. For leader comments about the
Vasa,http://www.fasterskier.com/racing4103.html.

Olaf Tufte said in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
OT - PAL European VHS conversion to US VHS

On Mar 5, 4:53 am, "
wrote:
Where are you located? Local Eastern-European communities have video
stores that can do it. E.g. the Brighton Beach...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 5th 07, 07:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Rower does well at Vasaloppet

Hi All,

Today's local paper has a couple pages of coverage of the Vasaloppet,
most of it dedicated to local Jørgen Aukland. There is also a side bar
item about another local guy, Olaf Tufte. Olaf...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 07, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Sapporo curse on Norway?

On Feb 25, 5:27 pm, wrote:
It looks from the Estonian TV video that Northugg's skis were fairly
wide and he skied a bit to the right into Cottrer, his right ski
sliding over...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 07, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Sapporo curse on Norway?

On Feb 24, 1:36 pm, "tassava" wrote:
Thanks for the update! Sight unseen, I think Northug's problem is
inexperience: he spent a lot of energy coming to the front, and maybe
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 07, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By [email protected]
Crash!

On Feb 3, 2:43 pm, " wrote: