Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 1.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: snowyguy
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 08, 09:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By snowyguy
curious whats it like to skate at 34-40 degress spring time?

On Mar 8, 8:20 pm, wrote:
On Feb 29, 10:37 pm, "SpokaneDiscount,,no "

wrote:
i mean if you had a choice you probably would...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 1st 08, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By snowyguy
curious whats it like to skate at 34-40 degress spring time?

On Feb 29, 11:02 pm, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 19:37:48 -0800 (PST), "SpokaneDiscount,,no

" wrote:
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 30th 07, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By snowyguy
XC ski injuries... hams, delts...?

On Dec 27, 2:17 pm, gr wrote:
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com) wrote: I might as well pile it on with the XC ski injuries.

First, my hams act up. Not my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 07, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By snowyguy
Trak Pinso Bindings and wedge heel piece

This probably won't bring results but I'm looking for a Trak Pinso
Binding and large wedge heel pieces. It is a Delrin plastic three pin
binding and a substitute may work.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 8th 06, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By snowyguy
Lake Placid Mini-review

Hey, if isn't the guy who has been stalking for seven years the same
person. Do you have any shame, you piece of ****?
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 7th 06, 10:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By snowyguy
Lake Placid Mini-review

No, but I wouldn't recommend moving to Lake Placid or anywhere in N.Y.
for the skiing, either. However, the reason I have posted the snow
report for Cape Cod would be that the Cape often receives...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 6th 06, 10:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
Posted By snowyguy
Lake Placid Mini-review

Let's see. Have you tried ice skating? I've been skating since the
week after Labor Day. Once I drove through Lake Placid just to say
I've been there. Boston has ski trails all through it, if you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 5th 06, 11:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By snowyguy
It's snowing on Cape Cod.

It's a start of the winter season, however. I see snow out on my usual
track this morning.
highpeaksnordic wrote:
snowyguy wrote:
There'll prabably not be enough to support skiis

Here in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 4th 06, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By snowyguy
It's snowing on Cape Cod.

There'll prabably not be enough to support skiis, but it's our first
snow of the season. I see a rather good xc-ski season ahead. Big wet
flakes just like one of those shake'm jars.
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 4th 06, 11:30 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By snowyguy
inexpensive hotels in VT

When at Killington, drive over the pass to Pico and there are a few
quite reasonablely priced motels. I usually stay at K-Pico Motel which
is less than anything you'll find in Rutland. The only...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 4th 06, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By snowyguy
Ebay Skis?

The skiis I bought on E-bay were not new but they hadn't been mounted
or used. The were bought from a seller who had picked up the
liquidation stock of a shop in Texas. I expected them to look new,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 4th 06, 10:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By snowyguy
Snow in N.Y. and Vt.

Thanks for the reply. I'll try that views from the top URL.
Derick Fay wrote:
I've seen a few flakes outside my window nr. Albany this morning.
Nothing on the ground though. There are reports...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing November 2nd 06, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 29
Posted By snowyguy
Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Hint: Honeycomb Canyon is NOT backcountry - there's a dam lift, even.
Whatever you want to call it, it's good skiing. However, you are going
to find lighter powder in the higher...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 2nd 06, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 28
Posted By snowyguy
Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Hint: Honeycomb Canyon is NOT backcountry - there's a dam lift, even.
Whatever you want to call it, it's good skiing. However, you are going
to find lighter powder in the higher...
Forum: Snowboarding November 2nd 06, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 27
Posted By snowyguy
Solitude - good deal when backcountry skiing?

Hint: Honeycomb Canyon is NOT backcountry - there's a dam lift, even.
Whatever you want to call it, it's good skiing. However, you are going
to find lighter powder in the higher...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 2nd 06, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By snowyguy
Snow in N.Y. and Vt.

Someone must have been setting down track by now.
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 2nd 06, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By snowyguy
Where are the skiing posts? The World Cup season has started!

I can't imagine it being held on natural snow. By the way North
American football is played with the feet. In fact, if you don't have
a good kicker in the pro leagues, you won't prevail. Even the...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17