Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike Treseler[_2_]
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 12th 10, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
snow for the Olympics

Walt wrote:

Yes, there's less vertical at Cypress, it's not up in the mountains like
Whistler, but it's big enough for a skiercross course. Snow is another
issue, as lal correctly points...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) January 4th 10, 05:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 2
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Why no world cup ski events in the tahoe area

Humsquirto wrote:
Can someone who is in the know please explain why all of the big ski
events (world cup, I assume) that are held in the US are never in the
tahoe area?

Perhaps proximity to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 14th 09, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
news reader with kill file

JQ wrote:

I'm using version 3.0 I again tried the filter commands that you
suggested. The option that the commands will apply to is e-mail
accounts only. They must have changed the filter...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 14th 09, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 27
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
news reader with kill file

JQ wrote:
I am using windows 7 ultimate and MS outlook express is no longer
supported. I am currently using Mozilla Thunderbird and there is no
kill file or anything comparable to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) December 1st 09, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Zermatt, Switzerland has the deepest snow

Bill Tanner wrote:
The ski resort at Zermatt, Switzerland has the greatest snow depth of
any ski resort in the world...4 meters (13' 4")

I don't know of any other resort that even comes...
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 29th 09, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Does Such a Ski Exist?

VtSkier wrote:

I own and heart my Metrons completely. However the
'flavor' Metrons I have are M11-B5 from two years ago.
These are heavy (the worst part is carrying them to
the lift) and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 18th 09, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 42
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
What to do in a whiteout?

Kevin wrote:

Fun ride, but I wonder if I should have just fallen down when it got white,
rather then risking hitting things I couldn't see.

Stop and wait.

-- Mike Treseler
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 11th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Usenet News Reader

DZN wrote:
Any good free ones to recommend. My ISP, att.net, dropping Usenet coverage
in a few weeks.

http://www.individual.net/
10 euro a *year*
Always works.

-- Mike Treseler
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 27th 09, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
BTW, Walt

downhill wrote:

It depends on how you wear your foil hat, you can wear it as a shield or
a antenna. Your results may vary....

The foil helmet makes it worse, no matter how I wear...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 13th 09, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 338
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Rule #1

Yadda wrote:

No, rule number 1 is keep your line on advanced trails.

Good rule, but it is hard to enforce in the moment.
If I can see an erratic rider, I stop.
If I sense one behind me, I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 23rd 09, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 43
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
ski poles 46"

Ron - NY wrote:

The leke's I looked at were
lighter and made of graphite. What's better composite or graphite ?

I don't think I could raise
my butt out of the snow with either of those.

The...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 10th 09, 06:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
First time ski buyer - please help

Andy Euroman wrote:
What I am NOT looking for: "versatile" skis designed to to well on
powder or any terrain other than groomed surfaces and terrain parks.

Forum: Alpine Skiing March 10th 09, 05:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Andy Euroman wrote:

What I am NOT looking for: "versatile" skis designed to to well on
powder or any terrain other than groomed surfaces and terrain parks.

Where I ski, that would rule out
most...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 2nd 09, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 18
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Was I expecting too much, or was I unlucky?

Tom wrote:

So, was I expecting too much, or did I just get lousy days?

Maybe both.
It's all just skiing.

Snow in the Cascades and Sierras varies from powder to cement,
depending on when and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 21st 09, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 21
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Long Underwear

DZN wrote:
I didn't write it the first time but am looking for MEN'S long underwear.

The Real Bev wrote:
Got scissors? You don't actually need a hem,

Indeed.
Without the tight cuff, hiking...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 11th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 29
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
What is "pitch"?

Tom wrote:
Geez, I was satified with the very first answer; didn't know I would
get all the rest.

How steep do trails get?

Walt wrote:
Nearly vertical, for short distances. For...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 7th 09, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Whistler in February

"Potblak" wrote in message
Would it be worth the trip? (From Aus)

If you don't mind the crowds and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) December 25th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 1
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Anyone been to stevens Pass?

Bob F wrote:
How is the coverage? Many rocks?

40" I'll wait for the backside to open.
http://www.stevenspass.com/Stevens/info/mountain-cams.aspx
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 27th 08, 06:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Tahoe skiing

jack wrote:
I am visiting a friend who just moved to SF and we plan on going skiing in
Tahoe. I have a few questions; bear in mind that I have never skied outside
of NY before, and I am a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 3rd 08, 07:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Ski Improvement Courses

none wrote:
I'm looking at ski improvement courses. Any recommendations or ones to
avoid? (Level: intermediate-to-advanced )

Most Ski Resorts have only one ski school. Try that one.

--...
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 12th 08, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 19
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Need Recommendation for November in Colorado

hr(bob) wrote:

I have been trying to get Sam to respond to various e-mails for about
9 months now. Nothing. I did try to reach a Sam Seiber by telephone,
in the Denver area,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing July 20th 08, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Skiing stuff.. actuall stuff

Micheal Artindale wrote:
To get the most bang for buck, is it better to buy at the beginning or at the
end of the season?

It's best to try new gear at the beginning of the season,
because...
Forum: Alpine Skiing June 8th 08, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 173
Posted By Mike Treseler[_2_]
Food for thought (new thread)

taichiskiing wrote:

Eastern philosophy is not beyond words, but the goal it pursues is.
That's why there's an expression in Zen, "if you speak, you missed the
mark."

This thread has missed...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23