Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 7th 06, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Snow Stubai Glacier

Florian Anwander wrote:
Hi,

last weekend I was at the Stubai Glacier. There is only very little
snow. Only the glaciers are skiable. Anything else is green (or more
like "muddy brown")...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 06, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

You are right !! :-((

"Snow tyres EUR 15.50 per day, EUR 120 per month" quotation from the
rental agreement
This is vrery expensive considering you buy the CDW and the car is
let's say...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 06, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Thanks Wolfgang

I will see if I can get winter tires from the rental company.
It should be standard by my opinion, especially if the snow chains are
required by law on some roads.

Wolfgang May...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 06, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

You should know the answer to that :-)

That's for sure ! But it will be to late !

If you have them in the car, about 0%.

If you don't, then about 100%.

Not sure how u calculated that 100%...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 06, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Jens Arne Maennig wrote:
wrote:

somebody said here that he hasn't used his snow chains for the last
10 years.

What do you mean ... "somebody"? :-/

I ment : "...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 06, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Thnak you guys for your answers.
The I can have snow chains for 7Euros/day = 56Euros ..and that just to
take that route. No thanks. Now that raises a new question...somebody
said here that he hasn't...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 06, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Thank you Wolfgang !
any idea how much is set of snow chains in Germany ?
I was told that I may need them if I take the Walchensee route to
Innsbruck.

Thanks
NP
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 29th 06, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Thank you very much.
The traffic jam is a good point.
Is there any web site were I would be able to check the traffic
conditions ?
The hotel has Internet so...it will be wonderful if at 7 AM I can...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 29th 06, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Yes it is USA
I don't like the "train" idea as I will be forced to follow the train's
schedule and not mine.
I am not an exceptional skier so I may get tired and want to go home in
the middle of the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 29th 06, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

The air company will charge me 10-20$/kg to have my own ski set with
me.
Renting doesn't sound good at all for me. Yes I will be traveling each
day to an other resort
I just want to see them all (as...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 28th 06, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

you made my day with your sense of humour.

Thanks everybody for answering to my questions.

Jens Arne Maennig wrote:
wrote:

I was told that for driving in Austria I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 28th 06, 04:29 PM Posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 57
Posted By [email protected]
Driving in Austria and Germany

Hi

I was told that for driving in Austria I will need a sticker (for
autobahn)
Is it the same for Germany ?

I am going to drive daily form Innsbruck to the following destinations

Kuhtai...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 1st 06, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

Thank you for your suggestions.
One more question: how are the parking lots located in the close
proximity of the chairs. I believe that a good plan would be to have
the base camp in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 1st 06, 12:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

Thank you for your suggestions.
One more question: how are the parking lots located in the close
proximity of the chairs. I believe that a good plan would be to have
the base camp in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 1st 06, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

Thank you for your suggestions.
One more question: how are the parking lots located in the close
proximity of the chairs. I believe that a good plan would be to have
the base camp in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 1st 06, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

Thank you for your suggestions.
One more question: how are the parking lots located in the close
proximity of the chairs. I believe that a good plan would be to have
the base camp in...
Forum: European Ski Resorts September 30th 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

Thank you for your suggestions.
One more question: how are the parking lots located in the close
proximity of the chairs. I believe that a good plan would be to have
the base camp in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) September 26th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Colors and trails ranking on the Inssbruck trail map

If you have a look at this map you will see that there are trails
marked with green but there is no mention in the legend (see the bottom
of the picture) about this trails. What is the meaning of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 26th 06, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Colors and trails ranking on the Inssbruck trail map

If you have a look at this map you will see that there are trails
marked with green but there is no mention in the legend (see the bottom
of the picture) about this trails. What is the meaning of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 26th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

When I tried to post in the resorts group I got a message saying that
the group was in archiving mode. Today it worked...let's see what
feedback I will get from there. T

Thak you
NP

BrritSki...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) September 26th 06, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

When I tried to post in the resorts group I got a message saying that
the group was in archiving mode. Today it worked...let's see what
feedback I will get from there. T

Thak you
NP

BrritSki...
Forum: European Ski Resorts September 26th 06, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

I am planning a skiing trip to Austria and I need some opinion about
this. Any help will be much appreciated.

My plan is to fly to Munich or Vienna from Toronto. From there I want
to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) September 25th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Skiing in Austria -Innsbruck need help with planning

Hi everybody

I am planning a skiing trip to Austria and I need some opinion about
this. Any help will be much appreciated.

My plan is to fly to Munich or Vienna from Toronto. From there I want
to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.alpine.moderated