Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard & Barbara
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 8th 07, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Info on Zermatt

A hotel porter will collect your luggage. There are phones to each hotel at
the end of the Bahnhof platform. The porter will be at your side within 10
minutes.

Lift passes are sold at all lift...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 1st 07, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Overnight In Cervinia

We are planning to ski from Zermatt and stay overnight in Cervinia. Can
anyone recommend a hotel that is convenient to the lifts?

Thanks for the help.

Richard
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 28th 07, 06:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Resorts for a NERVOUS skier

Cervinia is for you!!

"Gaynor Reeve" wrote in message
I'm new to this site and would welcome any advice and information on
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 9th 07, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Zermatt--New Riffelberg Express

We just got back from two weeks in Zermatt. We go back again in March. There
is a problem. The new 8 person gondola from Furi to Riffelberg is so good,
and so popular, that it is causing crowding...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 8th 07, 07:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Zermatt Furi - Riffelberg lift

It is supposed to open in about two weeks.

Richard

"Michael Chare" wrote in message
The Ski map at...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 28th 06, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Vail Discount Lift Tickets

Does anyone know where to get discounted lift btickets for Vail?

Thanks

Richard
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 8th 06, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Cervinia--New Lifts

Can anyone explain the locations and terrain that will be served by the new
lifts that open this winter in Cervinia/Valtournenche? The maps are not at
all helpful.

Thanks

Richard
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 8th 06, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Help please: Lech or Hinterglemm for easy intimidated beginner

I do not know Saalbach, but I would not suggest Lech for a beginner. The
place I would suggest, though it might not suit you geographically, is
Cervinia, Italy--absolute heaven for a...
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 8th 06, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 33
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Zermatt for the Sort-Of Beginner

How many times must I say this. A red run in Zermatt is suicide for a
beginner!!!!!

"Turan Fettahoglu" wrote in message
Zermatt...
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 8th 06, 10:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 33
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Zermatt for the Sort-Of Beginner

You have made my point. The run from Gornergrat to Riffelberg is rated
blue/easy on the map. It is not for beginners!! The instructors laughingly
refer to the wall as "the wall of death" because...
Forum: European Ski Resorts August 7th 06, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 33
Posted By Richard & Barbara
Zermatt for the Sort-Of Beginner

I'm an American and a long time Zermatt skier. And a Zermatt lover.
Sadly, my advice is, you're not ready.

Richard

wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14