Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Chare
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 31st 14, 08:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael Chare
Skiing Dolomites

On 20/10/2014 07:51, BrritSki wrote:
Any recommendations for a resort that's near Venice please ?

Wife thinks that Cortina will be too poncy and having looked at
Valgardena it seems rather...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 17th 10, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael Chare
Ski Insurance

It would appear that www.ski-insurance.co.uk are no longer interested in old
people like me. Their web site excludes people older than their mid
fifties, though I was offered a Fortis annual...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 6th 10, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael Chare
Val Thorens early season

"Mike Mather" wrote in message
My daughter is planning to go to VT with Uni on the 10th December which is
the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts September 19th 10, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 43
Posted By Michael Chare
Zermat

"BrritSki" wrote in message

and the lift system really REALLY sucks, taking up to 2 hours to get
from the base to the very top...
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 22nd 10, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Chare
Sella Ronda - Pre season opening

"Ian Blake" wrote in message
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:16:16 +0100, "Michael Chare"
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 16th 10, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Chare
Sella Ronda - Pre season opening

From what I have been told by local tourist offices, the Sella Ronda circuit
is typically open by the time of the Italian public holiday at the beginning
of December. Does anyone have any practical...
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 16th 10, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael Chare
Kuoni

To my surprise I have found that Kuoni, a travel company started in
Switzerland in 1906, no longer sell skiing holidays.

--
Michael Chare
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 18th 10, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Does anyone know where I can find out what dates the lifts which connect
Meribel/Mottaret to Courcheval and Val Thorens open?

This year they opened on 12th December, and I was told that this was 1...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 17th 09, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By Michael Chare
Rossignol boots Salto STS

"remove y" wrote in message
A lot of time has been spend trying to find the replacement screw on
pieces ( toe and rear on the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 17th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Chare
Bus between Geneva airport and Val thorens

"Ace" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 01:32:38 +0100, Sean
wrote:

Michael Chare...
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 17th 09, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Chare
Bus between Geneva airport and Val thorens

"Excess" wrote in message
On Jul 16, 1:11 am, "Michael Chare"
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 16th 09, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Chare
Bus between Geneva airport and Val thorens

It would appear that there is s bus service between Val Thorens and Geneva
airport, but at this time of year it is hard to find out how often it runs
(on a Saturday)
or what it costs. Can anyone...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 17th 09, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Chare
Adult Ski Suit - where to buy in UK

"Colin Irvine" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:54:06 -0000, Michael Chare squeezed out the
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 16th 09, 09:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Chare
Adult Ski Suit - where to buy in UK

"Ace" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:53:32 -0000, "Michael Chare"
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 16th 09, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Chare
Adult Ski Suit - where to buy in UK

Can anyone reccommend any shops or web sites in the UK that sell one piece
adult ski suits.

My Berghaus suit is quite old now, and Berghaus themselves no longer make a
replacement.

--
Michael...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 6th 08, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

"Ace" wrote in message
On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 12:05:29 -0000, in
, "Michael...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 6th 08, 12:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael Chare
Ski Binding Question

"Roger Moss" wrote in message

"Matt T" wrote in message
Agreed. Usual ski-tech questions...
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 23rd 07, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Chare
Val Thorens - Snow by mid December?

"Ace" wrote in message
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:49:01 +0100, "Michael Chare"
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 23rd 07, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Chare
Val Thorens - Snow by mid December?

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 21:49:10 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

Is...
Forum: European Ski Resorts July 22nd 07, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Chare
Val Thorens - Snow by mid December?

Is Val Thorens likely to have enough snow for most of the lifts to be open
by December 15th.

--
Michael Chare
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 2nd 07, 10:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 19:14:41 +0100, "Michael Chare"
wrote:

"Ace"...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 1st 07, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Chare
Info on Zermatt

"Ace" wrote in message
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:57:11 +0100, "Michael Chare"

Forum: European Ski Resorts March 31st 07, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Chare
Info on Zermatt

"Paul" wrote in message

* Anything else I should know but am too ignorant to ask?

Cervinia is worth visiting, but you...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 31st 07, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael Chare
Info on Zermatt

"Paul" wrote in message
I'm off to Zermatt with my son on 10 April for a week. I'm flying to
Geneve from Liverpool and then...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 26th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Chare
Speed Cameras in France

"Snorer" wrote in message
Just returned from a short trip to Chamonix and I'm sure I was caught by
the speed camera just...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37