Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: helibrdr
Forum: Snowboarding June 26th 08, 03:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 12
Posted By helibrdr
Snowboarding gloves

"Bob F" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote in message
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 25th 08, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By helibrdr
EOY Trip Report

First, thanks for the suggestions from folks for my kids (all
boarders)spring break trip to UT two weeks ago. What a difference a year
makes. Last year at the same time most all of the PC resorts...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 3rd 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By helibrdr
SLC conditions as good as they look?

"Walt" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
Mike Treseler wrote:
helibrdr wrote:

My thoughts...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 2nd 08, 05:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By helibrdr
SLC conditions as good as they look?

"Harry Weiner" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:56:44 -0400, "helibrdr"
wrote this...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 2nd 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By helibrdr
SLC conditions as good as they look?

Okay - taking the boys for spring break back to the SLC are next week. Last
year we were lucky to have runs open due to the lack of snow and most of PC
was already closed. This year looks to be...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 1st 08, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By helibrdr
April - Mammoth/Tahoe?

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
TJG wrote:
snipped.

I plan 3+ hours Truckee to Mammoth when I go. LA to Mammoth...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 13th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 28
Posted By helibrdr
Forgive me, Ullr, for I have Slid

snip
... I rented a snowboard.
... the learning curve moves quickly
No it doesn't - it's just that beginner-intermediate boarder wienies
with no skills at all can sideslip a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 4th 08, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By helibrdr
Need Recommendations (March trip)

"Billy Bob F." wrote in message
Hi,
snipped

1. Is there really nothing to do but ski at Powder...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 10th 08, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By helibrdr
OT- HD camcorder

Anybody bought an HD camcorder that has used them skiing/boarding? I carry
my Nikon D50 for pics but the new HD option looks good for video. I am
taking my nephew to BC for a couple of days of heli...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 7th 08, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By helibrdr
Powder Mountain Trip

"Dave Cartman" wrote in message
In article ,
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 4th 08, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By helibrdr
Powder Mountain Trip

"Dave Cartman" wrote in message
In article ,
"helibrdr"...
Forum: Snowboarding January 4th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 20
Posted By helibrdr
No more jumps in RCR resorts, PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION EVERYONE !!!!

"Sharkie" wrote in message
On Nov 9 2007, 5:35 pm, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
jw...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 4th 08, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 10
Posted By helibrdr
Powder Mountain Trip

First - thanks to all who offered some advice last year on Powder Mountain
during the holidays. Wife wanted to go back to Breck but the costs during
our timeframe (12/28 -1/2) were astronomical. She...
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By helibrdr
Little Kids Snowboards?

wrote in message
On Dec 6, 5:34 pm, Speedskater wrote:
Where can I...
Forum: Snowboarding December 6th 07, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By helibrdr
Problem mounting Ride bindings on Burton board

snip

Burton uses a 3 hole pattern while most others use a 4 hole. According to
Rides web page - go to Support, FAQ, and then 3 hole bindings they say
that their mounting discs are...
Forum: Snowboarding December 6th 07, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By helibrdr
Problem mounting Ride bindings on Burton board

"Bob F" wrote in message
I just got a used Burton Canyon. Trying to mount my Ride SPi bindings on
it, I discovered that...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 30th 07, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By helibrdr
Aleyska

With Global Warming marching on, Aleyska is a sure bet to have snow.

They have had 237" this month and 40" in October!

Aleyeska's looked good to me for a long time as well.

One...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 29th 07, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By helibrdr
Aleyska

Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am
taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 29th 07, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By helibrdr
Aleyska

Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for something...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 30th 07, 12:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By helibrdr
Running = Stupid

"ant" wrote in message
helibrdr wrote:
OT - headed to Powder Mountain, UT with the family for Xmas - any
recommendations???/

Forum: Alpine Skiing October 29th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 17
Posted By helibrdr
Running = Stupid

Body parts are like car parts - there are only so many miles in them before
they wear down or break and need replacing. Why waste those miles on
running????? The high impact, usually 4-5 times body...
Forum: Snowboarding October 3rd 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By helibrdr
Wide board (if I have to) question

"Neil Gendzwill" wrote in message
helibrdr wrote:
Ok folks, after reading the lack of posts post (is that grammatically
Forum: Snowboarding October 2nd 07, 07:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By helibrdr
Wide board (if I have to) question

Ok folks, after reading the lack of posts post (is that grammatically
correct?) I will fire out the first "what board for......" question. After
my son's last growth spurt (all upwards) he is 5-10,...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23