Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 5.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: down_hill
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 17th 13, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By down_hill
tuxedo

We went to Tuxedo Ridge in Sterling Forest on a school night. We left
right after he got home from school an hours drive north west. We got
there and he did his home work and then we free skied...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 16th 13, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 29
Posted By down_hill
Snow Summit

lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/15/13 8:59 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
Huell Howser

This is weird. Guy's purely a Southern Cal guy, and the name doesn't
resonate, but when I look at that video I know...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 15th 13, 01:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 29
Posted By down_hill
Snow Summit

The Real Bev wrote:

I don't trust any of them. Is it conceivable that politicians were
actually honorable men back in the 1700s? Or were the ones we know about
just better writers with more...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 15th 13, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 29
Posted By down_hill
Snow Summit

The Real Bev wrote:
The web page says 'no chain restrictions' but Caltrans says chains or
4-wheel drive w/snow tires from Running Springs to the dam. Who should
we believe?

Going Wednesday...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 12th 13, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By down_hill
timing

It amazes me with a timing system being based on 4 wires that they have
not figured it out yet. Either you replace the wires when it is warm out
or you play some sort of game and shake it until it...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 10th 13, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By down_hill
ski tuning

The Real Bev wrote:
On 01/09/2013 03:10 PM, down_hill wrote:

VtSkier wrote:

If you can find the tables, the units will be newton-meters. Your trusty
US torque wrench is in...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 9th 13, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By down_hill
ski tuning

VtSkier wrote:

If you can find the tables, the units will be newton-meters. Your trusty
US torque wrench is in foot-pounds or inch-pounds. You will need to
convert units.

No problem
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 9th 13, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By down_hill
ski tuning

lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/9/13 5:35 AM, down_hill wrote:
Does anyone tune their own skis?
My question: Is the first thing you do is clearance the fiberglass above
the side edge so when you...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 9th 13, 01:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By down_hill
ski tuning

Does anyone tune their own skis?
My question: Is the first thing you do is clearance the fiberglass above
the side edge so when you sharpen your edges the material does not
effect the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 9th 13, 02:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 54
Posted By down_hill
Shawnee mountain

wrote:

I was trying and usually failing to stay sort on topic, aka ob-ski. I
just found the statement that Crystal Mountain, which is a ski area in the
foothills of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 9th 13, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 54
Posted By down_hill
Shawnee mountain

pigo wrote:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 9:21:56 AM UTC-7, down_hill wrote:

In the last ten years most statements by the loon have held no validity.

Then most people have seen the video...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 8th 13, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 54
Posted By down_hill
Shawnee mountain

comadrejo wrote:

Making idiotic statements about Crystal Mountain isn't rooting for the
home team. I like Silver King, Brain Damage, Silver Queen and the
Throne, but they are also outside of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 8th 13, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By down_hill
Gameplan

Was planning to hit Tuxedo on Weds but the weather down here is not
being cooperative. So the current plan is aim for the Thursday night
Suburban open race series at Sundown Ct. This is a tough...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 7th 13, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 54
Posted By down_hill
Shawnee mountain

lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/6/13 7:20 PM, down_hill wrote:

we met a family that we had met at the NASTAR open in Ma

Enjoyed your report. One of the fun parts of kid racing is us parents
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 7th 13, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 54
Posted By down_hill
Shawnee mountain

Great day
Nice mountain/hill easy parking friendly people fairly organized. They
all seemed to be reading from the same book which is nice. Such as
NASTAR started at 10am granted there were long...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 5th 13, 06:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By down_hill
elk mountain Pa

We are here in the small mountains of Pennsylvania with a 10 am GS race
start at Elk Mountain for ASRA.
Then Sunday we are heading to Shawnee Mountain for the opening of NASTAR
on that hill, and if...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 4th 13, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

hr(bob) wrote:
On Jan 2, 11:01 pm, wrote:
hr(bob) wrote:

I'm preparing a 2-hour lecture for graduate students at...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 3rd 13, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

BrritSki wrote:

You are just like him you are a liar and senile and you are unable to
have a rational discussion like your butt buddy trunky.

Oh lighten up.

He trolled you and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 3rd 13, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 07:23:42 -0500, down_hill
wrote this crap:

wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:03:44 -0500,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 3rd 13, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:03:44 -0500, down_hill
wrote this crap:

wrote:

Has one tried the goggles with...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 3rd 13, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

wrote:

Has one tried the goggles with the heads up display and connects to your
android phone it is a google project.

No, but I have a heads up display on my Harley...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 3rd 13, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

hr(bob) wrote:

I'm preparing a 2-hour lecture for graduate students at IIT on the
subject "Introduction to electromagnetic compatibility".

I go for the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 3rd 13, 04:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

lal_truckee wrote:
On 1/1/13 9:01 PM, down_hill wrote:

I would rather ask a skiing question such as why does natural snow pack
down to a smaller volume than man made snow?

Man made has...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 2nd 13, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

The Real Bev wrote:

I would rather ask a skiing question such as why does natural snow pack
down to a smaller volume than man made snow?

Are the natural crystals smaller? Do the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 2nd 13, 05:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 58
Posted By down_hill
We know who wasn't skiing all day today

Richard Henry wrote:
On Jan 1, 5:47 pm, wrote:
Bob F wrote:
wrote:
Our resident troll posted twice so we all know he wasn't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100