Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: pebo[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 14th 11, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By pebo[_2_]
Car roof Ski Boxes

http://www.packasport.com/ Might be the same as Packline, I'm not sure.
Not cheap, but very nice fiberglass boxes, including a low-profile one
that I'm pretty sure will hold at least some 210 cm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 19th 09, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By pebo[_2_]
the science of nordic skiing

OK, granted, it's still pretty lightweight stuff from an enthusiast's
perspective, and I suppose it will be mainly enthusiasts who will bother
to seek it out and view it on the web. But if they...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 19th 09, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By pebo[_2_]
the science of nordic skiing

Wow, I'm not used to seeing this level of interest by our U.S. media in
nordic ski sports. And the collaboration with our National Science
Foundation seems encouraging, too. The videos seem to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 09, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By pebo[_2_]
passing in a classic ski race?

To me, there is a more crucial difference between a mass start and a
time trial (interval start): In a mass start race, the skier in front is
by definition the faster skier, up to that point, and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 25th 08, 05:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By pebo[_2_]
FS: NNN racing bindings, 2 pr, lightly used, eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290278010582&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123

Auction closes on 1 December 2008 at 21:29 Pacific Standard Time.
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 11th 08, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 23
Posted By pebo[_2_]
Resistance for Aero 150's - A Poll

Initially, I used the speed reducers (SR) for training resistance, but
I've come to prefer skiing with no additional resistance most of the
time, even though the 150s are very fast. Part of this...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 20th 07, 06:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By pebo[_2_]
Garmin / Polar revisited

If you're satisfied with speed & distance (versus a complete GPS track),
consider also the Suunto T3 Multisport with GPS and PC pods. The wrist
unit is small, and quite wearable for an everyday...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 1st 07, 05:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By pebo[_2_]
V2 Aero 150?

wrote:
I don't like roller skiing on the paved roads because they are rough,
and the high stone count in the asphalt means my poles slip more than
I'd like.

Ah,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 1st 07, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By pebo[_2_]
V2 Aero 150?

wrote:

Is my 99kg too much for them?
Well, it's certainly worth considering, in my opinion. I weigh only 67
kg, so the 150s are plenty tough for my normal use. ...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9