Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: michaelr
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 18th 06, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 3
Posted By michaelr
Help please: Lech or Hinterglemm for easy intimidated beginner

Thanks for your extensive answer, appreciate it! Based on your feedback
and that of others we might actually go to Courcehevel instead. It
appears to have quite some green pistes around the village...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 11th 06, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By michaelr
Help please: Lech or Hinterglemm for easy intimidated beginner

Thanks guys for all the advice!

JP schreef:

I'll second that. top place, nice and wide, plenty of good choice for a
beginner or someone who wants to take it easy.
"Devs"...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 8th 06, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By michaelr
Help please: Lech or Hinterglemm for easy intimidated beginner

Hi Wayne,

My fear of height is not that strong: lifts, etc. will not be a
problem.It is rather the combination of the unexperienceness (lack of
control) with the height.

cheers,
Michael
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 8th 06, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By michaelr
Help please: Lech or Hinterglemm for easy intimidated beginner

Thanks for the advice Alan. You have given me hope :-)

I think you are worrying too much. I ski down slopes that I used to be
too frightened to look down. And these are only reds! I say "used...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 8th 06, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 3
Posted By michaelr
Help please: Lech or Hinterglemm for easy intimidated beginner

Hi there,

As probably everyone else I am about to book my Christmas ski holiday.
I have had a few lessons on indoor real snow slopes and am now about to
do the real thing for the first time to which...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 8th 06, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe