Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Neil Gendzwill
Forum: Snowboarding April 13th 10, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 13
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
how fast do you go?

Christian G. Becker wrote:

That might depend on how "hot" the GPS fixed its first coordinates and
how many satellites it can see. Tested mine several times in a car -
never differed a lot...
Forum: Snowboarding April 6th 10, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
binding angles

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
Champ wrote in
:

I've *never* ridden the park :-) And I hardly ever rid switch. I
just feel...
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 13
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
how fast do you go?

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
hey now - any one ever had their speed reliably measured?

No, but according to my wife, it's too fast.

Neil
Forum: Snowboarding March 9th 10, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
binding angles

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:
In an effort to get some posts....

So what angles do you guys ride?

52 front, 47 rear on my Coiler AM. 40 front, 35 rear on my Tanker.

Neil
Forum: Snowboarding February 25th 10, 07:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Olympics

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

I think that any event in which the final 'score' is primarily
given out by a judge(s) based on an evaluation of the
performance (perhaps thats the key word?) just...
Forum: Snowboarding February 23rd 10, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Olympics

Mike M. Miskulin wrote:

I am also waiting on the || GS this coming weekend. Definitely
pulling for old man Klug!

Looking forward to it. Hoping Klug finishes 3rd behind Anderson and...
Forum: Snowboarding February 22nd 10, 02:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Olympics

Joe Ramirez wrote:

The snow for the cross seemed to be of poor quality. There were an
awful lot of unprovoked spinouts and falls, I thought. Collisions are
always a risk, of course, but...
Forum: Snowboarding November 12th 09, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Physics of a Snowboard Carved Turn by Jack Michaud with IainDuncumb

Jack's a moderator of the forums at www.bomberonline.com. You can usually find him there. I'm very active there as well. He's
also written a bunch of articles for the website aimed at helping...
Forum: Snowboarding February 24th 09, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
First time on a board, wish me luck....

doetnietcomputeren wrote:

Any newbie tips received with thanks.

I can only quote the classics: "Go that way. Very, very fast. If
something gets in your way, turn."

Seriously, you're already...
Forum: Snowboarding February 12th 09, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
anyone recommend good wrist braces?

wrote:

i fractured my radius falling back onto my wrist. can anyone
recommend a good brand of wrist braces to prevent this happening
again? i will pay a bit more...
Forum: Snowboarding February 5th 09, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 11
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Please help me analyze my technique (vids + pictures)

Bob F wrote:

I really like both my feet at near zero - straight across the board. Virtually
all the instructors I ride with are similar.

Symmetrical stances allow you to exploit riding...
Forum: Snowboarding February 5th 09, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 11
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Please help me analyze my technique (vids + pictures)

wrote:

Just wanted to mention my bindings angles a 45 front, 24 back. I
found out over the years this setup gives me the best speed/control
combination, probably not the...
Forum: Snowboarding February 3rd 09, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 11
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Please help me analyze my technique (vids + pictures)

wrote:
Hi there,

If somebody would take a minute and see my videos and pics I'd really
appreciate.
Basically I'm self-learner who want to freeride faster but also safe
Forum: Snowboarding January 27th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
No Fog Goggles - is there such a thing.

Tmuld wrote:
Hello,

On very cold days, my goggles fog up. They actually ice up while
going down a hill.

Is there something that will help reduce or stop my goggles from
fogging on...
Forum: Snowboarding January 13th 09, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 2
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
question about balance / jumping

sonic wrote:

i've been boarding for 9 years and feel comfortable getting down any
slope, but i feel the need to always carve..

Most riders today use the term "carve" to mean a turn of any...
Forum: Snowboarding January 12th 09, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Snowboard gouge repair

Alex Lau wrote:
Hi,

I have an older K2 Snowboard with a few gouges on the bottom, nothing
too deep. Would it be possible to wet sand the entire base, fill the
gouges with 2-ton epoxy and...
Forum: Snowboarding January 9th 09, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
This board needs a thread...let's talk carving

Sean wrote:
I'm preparing for my annual pilgrimage westward to the rockies with the
family. Doing a little online research on technique, I found video on
youtube from extremecarving.com. ...
Forum: Snowboarding November 25th 08, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Detuning

Jack O wrote:
I'm kind of new at snowboarding, with about 2 seasons of experience,
and I got a new board last year - a Burton Custom X. I can ride some
pretty steep stuff with ease, but often...
Forum: Snowboarding November 3rd 08, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 2
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Travel tips for trip to Banff/Lake Louise/Canmore ???

A good, cheap hotel in Banff is the Voyager Inn, and they run shuttles
to the hill. Another cheap one is Bumper's Inn. There's also a hostel,
but you're on your own for transpo.

There's tons of...
Forum: Snowboarding September 30th 08, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Best place to snowboard?

Bryan wrote:
I love snowboarding, but I live in Texas, unfortunately I can only go
once or twice a year tops. The last couple of years I have been to all
the Vail Resort Mountains. This year I...
Forum: Snowboarding May 29th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 17
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Elan Vector 157

If the OP is that uncertain about gear, why not just rent until he gets
a better idea of what's what? Until you get some slope time, you're not
even going to know what a proper-fitting boot feels...
Forum: Snowboarding March 28th 08, 11:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Boards: Soft vs. Hard

wrote:

What about a softer board makes it better in deep powder?

In powder you're not turning on edge, you're turning on the base with a
lot less support than an edge on...
Forum: Snowboarding March 28th 08, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Boards: Soft vs. Hard

Christian Georg Becker wrote:
Switters schrieb:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 19:59:56 GMT, "Bob F"
allegedly wrote:
go up this weekend and try it out. Once, you go soft,...
Forum: Snowboarding March 27th 08, 07:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Boards: Soft vs. Hard

Your Mom Says wrote:
Once, you go soft, youll never go back.

Well they are certainly more forgiving in general but I don't have any
trouble running flat on very stiff boards. At the speeds I...
Forum: Snowboarding January 14th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By Neil Gendzwill
Slightly different new board?

wrote:
If you're after a touch more control and looking to switch boards to do
it when you're already on a pretty short board, maybe you should put the
money into...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 95