Showing results 1 to 25 of 76
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: highpeaksnordic
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 8th 13, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Stonegrinding Options in New England

On Thursday, December 27, 2012 12:15:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:

wrote:

Can anyone recommend alternative stone-grinders in the Northeast?

High Peaks Cyclery...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 10th 10, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By highpeaksnordic
what is the best way to store skate skis for 9 months?

On Mar 8, 10:46*pm, Edgar wrote:
On Mar 8, 1:37*pm, wintermutt wrote:
should i store my skate skis by hanging them
form a ski hanger (like a racor)...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 21st 09, 01:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Ski car?

On Dec 15, 10:54*pm, gr wrote:
I'm looking to replace my front wheel drive Odyssey with an all wheel
drive something. Any comments of which might be better in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 16th 09, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Ski car?

On Dec 15, 10:54*pm, gr wrote:
I'm looking to replace my front wheel drive Odyssey with an all wheel
drive something. Any comments of which might be better in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 09, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Best New England Ski Swap?

On Nov 17, 11:43*am, Jon wrote:
I'm looking to get rid of a range of stuff--from almost new Carbonlite
skis to wood skis and ski clothing--and just wondered if there was an
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 16th 09, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Feedback on V2 Carbon Fiber Rollerskis?

On Sep 15, 7:58*pm, Mic wrote:

I already have Aero 150 and 125's as we have sealed but rough roads;

Lemme know if you want to sell a pair of the 125's

(1) How would you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 14th 09, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Feedback on V2 Carbon Fiber Rollerskis?

On Sep 11, 11:04*am, Jon wrote:

*Does anyone have experience with the skate only carbon fiber ski he introduced last year?

I've got a few hours on a used pair and here's my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 8th 09, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By highpeaksnordic
So Just How Dangerous is Roller-Skiing?

On Aug 30, 12:04*pm, Jon wrote:
I forgot to ask specifically about Jenex's brakes (i.e., does anyone
have experience with them? *Heavy?). *

I have them on my V2 Aero 125's...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 8th 09, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Skiing and back problems

On Jun 23, 4:13*pm, Larry wrote:

I recently developed what seems to be sciatica - a kind of pinched
nerve that causes tingling/numbness in the leg and foot. The onset
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 30th 09, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By highpeaksnordic
First RS ride: first ticket

On Apr 25, 11:35*am, wrote:

So, is it true that poles with carbon steel tips wears out asphalt?

Carbide tips are harder than asphalt and they will "wear" on the
pavement...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 3rd 09, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Composite Shafts Versus Aluminum

On Apr 2, 7:07*am, ADK Skier wrote:

The question is about rollerski shafts, it seems.

I used to use a small diameter wheel Pro-Ski skate RS w/ the
triangular section shaft and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 09, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By highpeaksnordic
chevron structures

On Mar 18, 6:00*pm, wrote:
My question is why a "chevron"
structure is better than the same structure, not chevron ?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the answer seems simple...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 09, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By highpeaksnordic
chevron structures

On Mar 18, 12:09*pm, wrote:

What about the new Swix T405 rolling (expensive) tool ?

It just hit me that this tool is over US $ 1300!!!!!!!! (1027 Euro's)
No wonder I haven't...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 18th 09, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By highpeaksnordic
chevron structures

On Mar 18, 12:09*pm, wrote:
Where's the science behind chevron structures ?
A "diagonal" *structure has certainly an effect to create water
droplets and broke them into smaller...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 20th 09, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Swix Steel Brush Or Not?

On Feb 20, 10:45*am, ADK Skier wrote:

However I think when you bomb on the wax the skis really drag

There certain are those kinds of days, where wax makes all the
difference. ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 20th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Swix Steel Brush Or Not?

On Feb 19, 10:39*pm, "m.wynn" wrote:

I brushed the concrete floor in my basement for about 30 minutes

Okay, now I'm really confused....this is how I usually structure...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 09, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By highpeaksnordic
anyone do the Gatineau Loppet?

On Feb 17, 5:14*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
Sounds like it was super-fast conditions, and not cold.

Peru Nordic was there and took home some...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 16th 09, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By highpeaksnordic
LF wax for cleaning skis?

On Feb 16, 5:37*am, John Forrest Tomlinson
wrote:
I've got some very old very soft LF wax (Swix Pilot 10LF) that I don't
use for skiing. *Is it OK to use as a cleaning...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 10th 09, 01:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By highpeaksnordic
How to remove Salomon SNS Profil binding?

On Feb 9, 4:07*pm, jeff potter wrote:
I have a set of skis with the Salomon SNS Profil manual bindings
What's a good way to remove them?

You've gotten a lot of good...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 09, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By highpeaksnordic
searching for a Madshus hat

On Jan 28, 9:41*am, senzafiato wrote:

(I'm searching on Internet for an online shop selling the Madshus
women hat color blue, catalogue number 510204)
(I've found the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By highpeaksnordic
lifting toes/wax pocket

On Jan 24, 10:11*pm, "Brian Pauley" wrote:

*I find that I get better glide, when I lift my toes (or press my
heels). *If I press my toes down, I hit the brakes. *Is this...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 09, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Need Repair Advice

On Jan 18, 4:33*pm, wrote:
On Jan 17, 6:20*pm, Mac wrote:
did a bit of damage to the bases of my Fischer SCS Classics.

Minor scratches need not be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 16th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By highpeaksnordic
What do you wear skiing at -26 degree Celsius (-14.8 degreeFahrenheit)

On Jan 16, 11:41*am, mike wrote:
I skied yesterday quite comfortably at -26 degree
I am interested to learn from those who regularly skied in this extreme cold temperature...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 8th 09, 11:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By highpeaksnordic
Anyone Still Make Bib Overall?

On Jan 7, 11:34*pm, cstorey wrote:

bib overall always seemed like a comfortable alternative to a racing
Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Craft...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 5th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By highpeaksnordic
skating 20 -30 miles..more wax?

On Jan 4, 11:07*pm, "SpokaneDiscount,,no "
wrote:
curious if i should put 2 layers of hot wax...strip off and re apply
or? for long days or just do the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 76