Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 24th 11, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
roller skiis

On Oct 20, 1:06*pm, wrote:
Any number of ski shops and other sites can be of help. *For example:
- rollerskishop.com (word on their skates is good)
- finnsisu.com (Marwe, which...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 20th 11, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Snow sighted in Pennsylvania!

On Oct 13, 1:52*am, Mark Mellin wrote:
In article , gr wrote:
Sounds like a sign of an early winter! *yahooooooooo!

*...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 10th 11, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
AccuWeather's 2011-2012 North American snow forecast

On Aug 10, 1:55*am, wrote:
http://www.accuweather.com/blogs/meteomadness/story/53551/snow-foreca...

no snow or lots of snow, it's all going to be a lot of driving and a
lot of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 9th 11, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
carbon pole repair: Pole fixed

the cost was of course 15.00
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 9th 11, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
carbon pole repair: Pole fixed

Here is an update to my recent post on an Exel Black Feather carbon
pole repair.

I measured the ID of the broken pole section and it came out at about
0.500. I got a 5" carbon fiber ferrule (0.49"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 11, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
carbon pole repair?

On May 31, 10:23*am, wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 23:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

" wrote:

It's the Allulites (late '90s) I was really...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 11, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
carbon pole repair?

On May 31, 1:56*am, wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 22:54:02 -0400

Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 11, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
carbon pole repair?

Has anyone here tried using carbon fiber fabric and epoxy to repair a
carbon fiber pole? If yes, can you recommend the type of epoxy and the
fiber fabric? I broke 2 poles within the last 2 weeks...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 11, 02:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
Rollerski Race with Most Vertical Climb?

On May 30, 7:02*am, Jon wrote:
I'm just curious what rollerski hill climb offers the most vertical.
The largest one I could find on the web looks looks to be "Climb to
the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 25th 11, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Quiet here like a snowy trail!

On May 19, 2:14*am, "
wrote:
On May 18, 10:00*pm, gr wrote:

On 5/18/2011 1:51 AM,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 19th 11, 06:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Quiet here like a snowy trail!

On May 18, 10:00*pm, gr wrote:
On 5/18/2011 1:51 AM, wrote: On May 10, 10:59 pm, *wrote:
I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 18th 11, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Quiet here like a snowy trail!

On May 10, 10:59*pm, gr wrote:
I am still skiing in my mind..... had a week of memories of skiing in
Quebec at Mt St Anne and Camp Mercier to get me through...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 11, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Where in North America is there still good snow?

On Mar 25, 12:21*pm, "Morris Keesan" wrote:
Instead of talking about skiing on pavement, where can we still ski for
real? *Jackson NH is claiming "nearly midwinter...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 25th 11, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Pilot bindings on rollerskis

On Mar 25, 7:59*am, kskier wrote:
You should make sure the binding is square on the ski. Have you ever
mounted bindings on roller skis before? If not....it is very...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 11, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Pilot bindings on rollerskis

On Mar 22, 11:43*am, Jim wrote:
For what it's worth, I've always found that aluminum is soft enough to
allow self tapping with the normal binding screws. *I drill the pilot
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 11, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
team required for world championships

The site is in Finn.

Can you summarize the event in a few sentences (distance, terrain,
elevation gain/loss, best time).

On Mar 10, 4:26*pm, No Spam wrote:
This is a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 21st 11, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Pilot bindings on rollerskis

I am about to order yet another pair of rollerskis. The company does
not have a Pilot rig so I will have to install the bindings myself.
Two questions:

1. Do you tap holes in the aluminum board and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 18th 11, 03:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
clothing for multi-day touring

Are there any tricks for staying warm AND dry during multi-day ski
touring in the mountains with a backpack, when it's snowing? No matter
how I dress I am either cold, or I am drenched in sweat. So I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 7th 11, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
energy output run vs ski

On Feb 5, 6:08*pm, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:
wrote:
a 42K is not even technically a real ski marathon, but any national
level skier will...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 11, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By [email protected]
energy output run vs ski

a 42K is not even technically a real ski marathon, but any national
level skier will ski 42K faster than 2 hrs. Also skiing courses are
hilly compared to Olympic marathons. The Lake Placid loppet,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 11, 07:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Ski Marathons

Even the best skiers have to "work" most
downhills,

Gene, actually I was no talking tongue in cheek,sorry if I made it
sound that way. Just what kind of downhills are we talking?
Considering...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 11, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Ski Marathons

The key point is that both activities tries to optimally use all the
major muscle groups, whereas a (flat) distance runner is of course
limited to the energy output of his/her legs.

Yes
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 11, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Ski Marathons

against the resistance of the snow

Gene, come on, the friction of pavement is greater than that of the
snow, no matter how you put it, I don't see runners "gliding" downhill
on pavement better than...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 11, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Ski Marathons

On Feb 1, 8:09*pm, "outsideinmi" wrote:
totally agree. *much easier
less pounding, less TIME, easier all the way.
glide is to your advantage, not much glide in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 11, 08:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Mammoth Lakes Basin 15K Race Video - January 9, 2010

On Jan 9, 11:45*pm, wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:32:45 -0800 (PST)

Briansbikesandxcskis wrote:
We just posted the video we took of the Mammoth Lakes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100