Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.69 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David
Forum: Snowboarding January 30th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By David
Update: turnstyle board

In October I was thinking about buying a turnstyle balance board on
ebay, and posted here asking about it.

We had a discussion that led to talk of longboard skateboards, and the
snowboard-like...
Forum: Snowboarding January 30th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 15
Posted By David
Determining Whether Right Footed or Goofy Footed

On Jan 29, 7:51 am, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
wrote:

Kicking a ball over and over
again mostly with her right foot is pretty nearly...
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 06, 06:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By David
Gulmarg Kashmir

wrote:
Has anyone been to Gulmarg? looking for someone who has personal
experience there.
Was wondering if its the in place to go, i really want to avoid crowds
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 06, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By David
newbie - how to size a board?

ZenMasta wrote:
I'm 5'6 and weigh 105 with size 8 shoes. From what I have read my
recommendations range from 140-156 but that seems like a too large a gap and
don't want to make an uneducated...
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 06, 06:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By David
Gulmarg Kashmir

wrote:
Has anyone been to Gulmarg? looking for someone who has personal
experience there.
Was wondering if its the in place to go, i really want to avoid crowds
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 06, 06:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By David
newbie - how to size a board?

ZenMasta wrote:
I'm 5'6 and weigh 105 with size 8 shoes. From what I have read my
recommendations range from 140-156 but that seems like a too large a gap and
don't want to make an uneducated...
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 06, 05:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By David
Gulmarg Kashmir

wrote:
Has anyone been to Gulmarg? looking for someone who has personal
experience there.
Was wondering if its the in place to go, i really want to avoid crowds
Forum: Snowboarding December 7th 06, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 6
Posted By David
newbie - how to size a board?

ZenMasta wrote:
I'm 5'6 and weigh 105 with size 8 shoes. From what I have read my
recommendations range from 140-156 but that seems like a too large a gap and
don't want to make an uneducated...
Forum: Snowboarding November 30th 06, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By David
Right Size?

wrote:
Experience: 5 days.
learned in a day, had it down within 2.

Just so you know I returned the board today. After examining it closely
I realized 2 things.
a)...
Forum: Snowboarding November 16th 06, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By David
where i can buy my fist jacket on-line?

wrote:
Hi all, i'm italian and i need help...
sorry for my bad english :(

Where i can buy jackets and pant wich good price?

Sometimes here (current item is a women's...
Forum: Snowboarding November 14th 06, 10:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By David
Womens Gloves/Mittens.

wrote:

Mittens will always keep one's hands warmer than comparable gloves.
However, for an unusually thorough review of some big-name gloves
(including dunking them...
Forum: Snowboarding November 12th 06, 10:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 11
Posted By David
A snowboarding "crutch" at last!

I just read your original report. You continued riding? Enjoy it now?

When my daughter & I started, they set her up in the wrong direction,
and tried to do that to me as well. Dunno how they...
Forum: Snowboarding November 9th 06, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 0
Posted By David
Current steep & cheap deal, Inno Racks IN930 snowboard rack

More than half off. $76 and change.
www.steepandcheap.com

It's a clearance site for www.backcountry.com. One item at a time. They
change the item when the old one sell out, or at 11PM. They do...
Forum: Snowboarding October 30th 06, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By David
Tahoe resorts

Mike Mather wrote:

Also, the lift tickets are expensive compared to the Alps, so are there any
offers we should be aware of, to make an expensive trip that little bit
Forum: Snowboarding October 23rd 06, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By David
Turnstyle board? Balance board?

brokenbetty wrote:

Sounds like a Freebord

Looks fun. I'd like to try one of those.

Sorry to pry, but does your username have anything to do with injuries?
Sustained on any kind of board?...
Forum: Snowboarding October 22nd 06, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By David
Turnstyle board? Balance board?

Thanks lonerider!

I don't post much, but I remember we discussed powder boards last
season before I bought my Malolo.

I watched a few of the videos. One of the carving ones made the
longboard look...
Forum: Snowboarding October 20th 06, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 10
Posted By David
Turnstyle board? Balance board?

So I decided to buy a balance board. Kinda pricy, so I was just
looking at Ebay & Craigslist.

I wasn't sure if I wanted the kind with the hemisphere or the roller.
I use the former at the gym once...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17