Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 24th 15, 04:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
A-Basin Closing Date?

Has A-Basin said/posted when they expect to close this season?
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 15th 15, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
The ski season was so bad this year that ...

It seems to vary from year to year which of the two, Breck or Keystone, has the better snow and/or grooming. At one time Keystone had consistently better grooming, then Breck caught on and Breck was...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 29th 15, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Dreckinridge

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 6:10:16 PM UTC-5, Dave Stallard wrote:
The snow off-piste has the consistency of mayonnaise. ;)

I call it mashed potatoes
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 29th 15, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Dreckinridge

On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 6:10:16 PM UTC-5, Dave Stallard wrote:
The snow off-piste has the consistency of mayonnaise. ;)

I call it mashed potatoes.
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) March 20th 15, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Need for this group waning?!

Now that our resident kook seems to have stopped posting, do we still need to keep this group active???
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 3rd 15, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Resident troll status

Things are really quiet around here. Wonder if our resident troll is in jail or on meds or what?
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 2nd 15, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Colorado snowfall so far this year

Anyone know if the snowfall so far this year is "normal" in Summit County, CO?
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 9th 15, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Least expensive place to stay in Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystonearea?

Yeah, Minturn may be fine if you're skiing at Vail, but I have a Keystone, Breck, A-Basin pass and Fairplay or Idaho Springs are much more reasonable drives.
Thanx for the Fairplay idea!!
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 23rd 14, 05:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
Least expensive place to stay in Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area?

I am looking for the cheapest/least expensive area to stay several nights in the Breckenridge/Silverthorne/Keystone area. Suggestions politely please.
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 6th 14, 06:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Zzzz is open

I'm from the Chicago area. All we have to do is learn to say "wait till next year". It applies equally to our football, baseball and basketball teams.

All hail Ullr.
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 18th 14, 05:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
The state of the (Mammoth-Big Bear) union

I always laughed when he said that because I remember the picture of
him walking around with a sausage sticking out of his pants.

Front or back of his pants??????
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 20th 14, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
A-Basin Officially Opened Last Friday

A-Basin Officially Opened Last Friday!! Snow looks pretty thin, but hey, it's better than grass for skiing...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 20th 14, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
Lightening Round

What does any of this crap have to do with Michael Jackson lightening his skin????
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 10th 14, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
New Snow in Summit County Colorado

The A-Basin and Breckenridge webcams show some brand-new snow in Summit county. Only 2 more months!!!
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 5th 14, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
What places are still open in CO besides A-Basin?

On Sunday, May 4, 2014 9:53:33 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Breck and Keystone are closed, A-Basin is open, anything else in CO still open?

Anyone except our resident idiot know the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 4th 14, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
What places are still open in CO besides A-Basin?

Persons with a VERY LIMITED IQ use swear words all the time. I thought you were saying you were better than that.
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 4th 14, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
What places are still open in CO besides A-Basin?

Breck and Keystone are closed, A-Basin is open, anything else in CO still open?
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 12th 14, 09:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
opinions

I'd almost rather have our resident troll posting here than listen to you guys argue your poitical viewpoints!!!!
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 8th 14, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Colorado in April?

Don't know the latest about Utah, but Summit County CO is getting really good snow, so unless there is a huige thaw, skiing in April should be just fine. And, it's not a long drive to get into...
Forum: Alpine Skiing February 4th 14, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
Colorado in April?

How about Colorado? No one on the ski lift seems to have been there, so I haven't heard anything.

Summit County has had great snow this year, measured in feet and not in inches.

Yes, it is two...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 31st 13, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
the joke continues

On Monday, December 30, 2013 3:22:45 PM UTC-6, downhill wrote:
In the free race course that Hunter offers they drove a snowmobile up and down the fall line middle of the trail when the snow was...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 3rd 13, 11:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Posted By [email protected]
April in Colorado?

On Saturday, November 2, 2013 3:54:58 PM UTC-5, Toller wrote:
Still trying to figure out a Spring vacation. Someone here suggested going to Moab to hike and SLC to ski and that sounded like a great...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 1st 13, 12:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Keystone advertising beavily in Chicago

No, the people who do the shootings mostly can't afford to go skiing.
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 31st 13, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Keystone advertising beavily in Chicago

From morning through nightime, Keystone is advertising on Chicago radio and television. Seems like about 10 or more adverts on radio and the same number on tv every day, for the past couple of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) October 21st 13, 03:36 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
A nice quiet week before school goes back into full swing

10:37 here in Chicagoland and we'll see what happens to this post.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39