Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jon[_2_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 15, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

You guys are invited to participate over at www.xcskiforum.com. I bet
there is more traffic and I find it an easy interface.

Sure, but be prepared to read through posts (e.g., from...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 22nd 14, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Thanks Gene--very kind of you.
(I use my top-secret, anti-spam address here, which I don't check that much.)
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 4th 13, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Inexpensive Place to Stay near Waterville Valley Nordic?

I asked this a long time ago and remember somebody mentioning a ski dorm type place near Waterville Valley. Unfortunately, I can't find the name.

Can anyone recommend something?
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 20th 13, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Rollerskis: Placement of Wheels and Cutting Bindings...

Gene--thanks for feedback.

I have a small foot, so rear part of binding hits part of the fork mount "earlier" than rear of boot would hit anything. And on "Pilot Sport" binding, the rear part is a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 13th 13, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

Jim:

Thanks very much for the feedback. Your point is well taken about keeping the fun aspect of skiing with roller-skiing...

Here are two good articles I found that discuss wheel speed:
-...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 8th 13, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Pilot "Sport" Classic Binding?

Thanks for the link.

I'm just not seeing anything that stands out to justify saying they're "a big improvement" over profil. A little wider, and bumper is less likely to pop out. That's it?

In...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 18th 12, 01:19 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon[_2_]
How weird is to nap in a touring center?

Tired, and goaded by friends, I laid down on a bench in front of the
fire place at Trapps and took a nap (with a book on my stomach as a
visual aid). How weird does that look?
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 14th 10, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Seeking Some Info on Camp Mercier

SEPAQ closed the attic two-three years ago (probably because it was
too cheap and a too good solution for the dedicated skier). Since
then, SEPAQ has built some more confortable (and expensive)...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 09, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Best New England Ski Swap?

Thanks--but, interesting fact I just learned about Rochester is that
it's about the same distance from me as Quebec City.

Jon

One of the big swap / sales is happening this weekend at the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 17th 09, 04:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Best New England Ski Swap?

Jon

Where are you located in New England?

Just West of Boston, but have friends I am always looking an excuse to
visit, scattered around up to Montreal...

Jon
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 09, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Outdoor Glide Waxing

Maybe a portable space heater?

That's a good idea--I noticed the (new, improved) Craftsbury waxing
hut is unheated, but has a space heater above each station--could be a
good way to try to keep...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 09, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Jon[_2_]
Whatever Happened to All The "New Skate" Hub-bub??

Varying technique to fit the overall situation makes a lot of sense.

Can you explain this point of technique you associate with new skate:
.. heel kick forward.

Thanks,

Jon
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12