Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jolly_O
Forum: Snowboarding July 17th 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By Jolly_O
Snowboard videos

I'm a big fan of the Warren Miller videos, but they don't have enough
extreme snowboarding to suit my daughter. I like the humor, fantastic
locations (especially in the good ole' USA), rockin'...
Forum: Snowboarding May 1st 07, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By Jolly_O
Question on board dimensions

Thank you all for the great posts. The link at
http://www.bomberonline.com//articles/how_to_buy_snowboard.cfm was
also a great reference. I have more than enough information to ponder
on for a...
Forum: Snowboarding April 29th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 9
Posted By Jolly_O
Question on board dimensions

I'm fairly new to the sport, and wonder about board lengths and
widths. In skiing, beginners start with shorter skis, and usually
seem to move up to longer skis for most purposes except tight...
Forum: Snowboarding April 15th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By Jolly_O
Waxing question

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 16:32:51 -0400, gr
wrote:

SInce the P-tex base is the same as ski bases (ie: sintered from many
particles), wax will penetrate the base the...
Forum: Snowboarding April 1st 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 5
Posted By Jolly_O
Waxing question

I've been waxing my skis for several years, but I just started
snowboarding this year, and the board seems to be a different beast.
Mine is a Burton Bullet. I can tell when my skis need waxing...
Forum: Snowboarding March 29th 07, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By Jolly_O
Newbie question - on the flat

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:03:09 +0200, Octessence
wrote:
So I would say, aim
for using your edges more to avoid slamming. It might slow you down
more than just keeping the...
Forum: Snowboarding March 18th 07, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By Jolly_O
Newbie question - on the flat

Do you wear tailbone-protective shorts? They take away a lot of pain,
though I suppose for body slams less relevant. I have upper body
protection as well, as I did a rib once and prefer the...
Forum: Snowboarding March 17th 07, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 19
Posted By Jolly_O
Snowboard bag - leave bindings attached?

What did you do in the meantime? This is like the worst nightmare
and could screw up your whole trip. Did you have to rent? Did they
reimburse you?

Thankfully, my loss was on the trip home....
Forum: Snowboarding March 16th 07, 09:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 19
Posted By Jolly_O
Snowboard bag - leave bindings attached?

A few weeks ago, Northwest lost my stuff at SLC also. It caught up
with me two days later. Up to the moment of delivery, they said that
they weren't absolutely sure that it was my bag - in spite of...
Forum: Snowboarding March 14th 07, 10:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By Jolly_O
Newbie question - on the flat

Thanks again for all of your helpful hints and encouragement. I spent
a day on the slopes yesterday, and it was a great day. Falls were
few, and less severe, and I never got slammed on the...
Forum: Snowboarding March 5th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Jolly_O
Cheap Utah loadging/lift ticket recommendation for snowboarding

On 5 Mar 2007 06:58:56 -0800, wrote:
Also, the ski bus runs only once out of SLC
on weekday mornings, and twice on weekend and holiday mornings (8 and
9 a.m.).

While...
Forum: Snowboarding March 5th 07, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 8
Posted By Jolly_O
Cheap Utah loadging/lift ticket recommendation for snowboarding

I am planning on going on a snowboarding trip to Utah in mid-late
March. I was wondering if anyone knows of any cheap loadging/lift
ticket combo (or separate) deals from Salt lake city? I have...
Forum: Snowboarding March 3rd 07, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By Jolly_O
Newbie question - on the flat

one thing that will help you greatly is to make sure your board is
well waxed. Speed = more edge = less riding flat and subject to
body slam when edge catches. I regularly pass skiiers on...
Forum: Snowboarding February 28th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By Jolly_O
Newbie question - on the flat

My question - on the flat areas is it best to barely use your edges to
prevent getting slammed? Am I doing something wrong that causes my
board to drift sideways. Am I missing something...
Forum: Snowboarding February 28th 07, 10:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By Jolly_O
Newbie question - on the flat

I'm a beginning boarder, with four days under my belt. I can get down
the blue slopes (Eastern) with wide turns side-to-side, staying on
alternating edges most of the time, but I have a problem on...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 19th 07, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Jolly_O
Utah Conditions

I just got back from SLC. Went to Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, and The
Canyons. Yes, the snow cover was thin. For this on-piste skier, Alta
had the best conditions by far. The trails were just plain...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16