Showing results 1 to 25 of 30
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Terje Mathisen[_3_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 10th 15, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Cross Country in the Dolomites: Ortisei/Val Gardena -Alpe di Siusi, Val Lunga, Montepanna

runcyclexcski wrote:
Nice to see this group still going. I have moved to the UK about a
year ago, no skiing here. :( But we were able to go skiing in Geilo,
Norway, for 10 days. It was my first...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 30th 15, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

mnhoser wrote:
Terje, I certainly remember meeting over at Tegeders. He kind of gave
up skiing, at least competitively, a number of years ago. As for my

I do hope he's still skiing!

training,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 30th 15, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

wrote:
Per the Norwegian Olympic Cmte Top Performance Group manual for
endurance athletes from ~2005, L3 is considered around lactate
threshhold (USST guide also).

L3 - 80-87%...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 29th 15, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

wrote:
On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

Gene,

Thanks for posting this. I found it quite interesting. My performance
has suffered...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 21st 14, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
World Cup xc-ski videos

wrote:
On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:20:53 +0100
Terje Mathisen wrote:

What you really need as vpn terminated in Norway (or at least a
Norwegian...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 21st 14, 11:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
World Cup xc-ski videos

wrote:
Great! XC Thanks!

What you really need as vpn terminated in Norway (or at least a
Norwegian proxy/socks server), nrk.no has pretty much _everything_, but
only...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 10th 14, 08:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 18:05:40 +0100
Terje Henriksen wrote:

At that point, Dr. Fox suggested a formula: maximum heart rate
equals 220 minus...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 14, 10:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

wrote:
Surprisingly, the MSU library doesn't have access to it, so I put in an
interlibrary loan request with the town library. It should come soon, as
I think they receive...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 14, 08:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Jon wrote:
Gene:

Thanks for the offer. The first slide on this section is at 27:!6 of
the video. Title of study is "Does Polarized Training Improve
Performance in Recreational Runners" ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 30th 14, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

wrote:
Many years ago here there was discussion of Stephen Seiler's website
about training methodologies. We obviously don't get the same
traffic we used to, but here is a link...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 4th 14, 07:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
wood ski brands

wrote:
On Saturday, November 23, 2002 5:25:07 PM UTC-5, Ron Bott wrote:
While rollerskiing with the group today, the topic of discussion turned
to wooden skis....
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 14, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Waxing Problem

wrote:
Hej,
Any recommendations on how best to deal with this situation. You start
off on icy conditions so you put on Klister. How do you adapt when you
move on to softer...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 23rd 13, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Best cartop cargo carrier?

gr wrote:
I got a nice new 2014 Forester a couple months ago, and now see I am
going to need a cargo box if I intend to carry both people and a lot of
skis. I am brand new to the cargo box and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 10, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Oslo snow conditions.

Colin Blackburn wrote:
Thanks. The hotel is the other side of the airport at,

Gardermovegen 42, 2030 Nannestad, at the northern-ish end of the runways.

It looks from the satellite images...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 31st 10, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Oslo snow conditions.

Colin Blackburn wrote:
Terje Mathisen wrote:

The closest big trailhead would probably be Eltonåsen:

http://www.skiforeningen.no/markadb/showpoi.cgi?id=871

The trails starting here...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 30th 10, 08:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Oslo snow conditions.

Colin Blackburn wrote:
If anyone has a direct link to maps for any trails originating in
Gardermoen or Nannestad it would be great to have that. So far the maps
I have found by googling and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 29th 10, 08:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Oslo snow conditions.

Terje Mathisen wrote:
Colin Blackburn wrote:

Is there anyone from Norway and particularly Oslo here? Next week,
April 4th onwards, I'm spending a week in Kvitavatn on a Snowsport
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 28th 10, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Oslo snow conditions.

Colin Blackburn wrote:

Is there anyone from Norway and particularly Oslo here? Next week, April
4th onwards, I'm spending a week in Kvitavatn on a Snowsport England
training week. Before...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 09:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Ski car?

gr wrote:
I notice several have mentioned manual instead of auto. Is this a
benefit? My Odyssey was my first with traction control and antilock
brakes, which were a giant leap forward for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Ski car?

highpeaksnordic wrote:
Tires? Blizzaks are nice tires but they ride like marshmallows on dry
pavement and their "Multi-Cell" compound doesn't last that long.
Nokian Hakk's are great tires, but...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 09:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Ski car?

gr wrote:
I'm looking to replace my front wheel drive Odyssey with an all wheel
drive something. Any comments of which might be better in snow or
reliability; Subaru, Toyota, Honda CRV?

If...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 08:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Kristina Smigun(-Vaehi) is back

Anders wrote:
On Dec 15, 8:47 pm, Terje wrote:

Since Terje is mysteriously silent despite Petter Northug having the
best distance race of his life in...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 08:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Flying to ski one week from today. But WHERE??

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
Hi All,

I need to get some snow, NOW. Seems snow depth is pretty variant from
village to village.
I can fly to pretty much any airport, anything Austria,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 15th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Anders wrote:
Since Terje is mysteriously silent despite Petter Northug having the
best distance race of his life in Davos, I'll take this opportunity to

"Best distance race of his life", after...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 10th 09, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
XC ski center: viable business?

wrote:

In Funäsdalen the annual cost of preparing and maintaining 300 km of
tracks is about 3 million SEK.
is about 3 million SEK

So it's ~$420,000 for 300K of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 30