Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 7th 15, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015 19:13:08 -0800 (PST)
mnhoser wrote:

Update. I got that Garmin monitor and the data showed me my HRs were
odd. I figured out that the beta blockers I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 2nd 15, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Cross Country in the Dolomites: Ortisei/Val Gardena - Alpe diSiusi, Val Lunga, Montepanna

On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 16:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew Hofer wrote:

We spent the last week in February in Ortisei nordic skiing. I see
the last reviews of this location are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 29th 15, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Per the Norwegian Olympic Cmte Top Performance Group manual for
endurance athletes from ~2005, L3 is considered around lactate
threshhold (USST guide also).

L3 - 80-87% VO2max, 82-87% max HR,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 29th 15, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 06:16:39 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

Gene,

Thanks for posting this. I found it quite interesting. My performance
has suffered in the past couple of years,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 21st 14, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
World Cup xc-ski videos

On Sun, 21 Dec 2014 12:20:53 +0100
Terje Mathisen wrote:

What you really need as vpn terminated in Norway (or at least a
Norwegian proxy/socks server), nrk.no has...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 20th 14, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
World Cup xc-ski videos

All the other sites are still the
https://nordicxplained.wordpress.com/media/2014-2015-bit-torrent-races/cross-country-skiing/
https://twitter.com/JungleBoyNX
http://www.crosscountryski.us/

On...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 18th 14, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 15:54:30 -0800 (PST)
Jon wrote:

Thanks for following up.

Does the study say what their weekly training load was?

I sent you a copy yesterday at the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 16th 14, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Got the article. Recreational runners (32) were Spaniards living and
training around Madrid, mean competition experience 5.5 years,
regularly running 10k and half marathon races. Only the data...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 14, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 18:05:40 +0100
Terje Henriksen wrote:

At that point, Dr. Fox suggested a formula: maximum heart rate
equals 220 minus age."

Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 14, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 16:49:02 +0100
Terje Henriksen wrote:

To estimate your max heartrate, the most common rule is to use (220 -
your age). I had a max heart rate at 210...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 14, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Surprisingly, the MSU library doesn't have access to it, so I put in an
interlibrary loan request with the town library. It should come soon, as
I think they receive articles by email. I'll let you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 8th 14, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Jon,
Good for you, looking closely at the comparison groups. Those are
typically the bane of sports science studies, typically ignored by
journalists reporting results, a la Gretchen Reynolds of the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 1st 14, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 14:35:08 +0100
Terje Henriksen wrote:

I have had great experience training hard while paying much attention
to technique.
--
Terje Henriksen
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 1st 14, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 06:11:43 -0800 (PST)
Jon wrote:

Agreed--very interesting.

I always wonder how to translate these type of findings into lessons
for casual athlete. ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 14, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By [email protected]
Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

Many years ago here there was discussion of Stephen Seiler's website
about training methodologies. We obviously don't get the same
traffic we used to, but here is a link to the video of his talk...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 3rd 14, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
NOS ski prep

I would say absolutely. Treat them as one would new skis, clean and
prep. Grind will be factory, but that's a lot of time sitting around,
oxidizing a bit and collecting whatever else was floating...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 26th 14, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Recommendation on a good ski profile for wax bench

Here are three links. I use the wookrollerski vice system with the
truenorth...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 13th 14, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
wood ski brands

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:27:41 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:

I have been looking for a pair of early 70s/late 60s wooden race skis
210+ for years. If anyone has any tips please forward to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 14, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
rollerski skating treadmills

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:57:48 -0800 (PST)
runcyclexcski wrote:

Any idea how much those big treadmills that can be used for
rollerski-skating cost? Moving to an area with...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 14, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Waxing Problem

In afterthought, I assumed you meant loose, softer snow. If you meant
warm softer snow, then I would either suffer through it or head back
and get a pair of no-wax skis.

Gene

On Thu, 30 Jan 2014...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 31st 14, 04:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Waxing Problem

Hard wax over klister is one common approach. I tend to do it in
advance if there's any chance of loose snow in the tracks or even in the
skate lane. This is a layering process, so make sure the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 5th 14, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
No glide in cold weather

On Sat, 4 Jan 2014 10:08:25 -0800 (PST)
wrote:

Thanks Gene. Not to rule out technique completely, but I should have
mentioned that last week up in Quebec I had an...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 14, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
No glide in cold weather

A potpourri of possible explanations from a distance:

One answer is friction. Skating (and skiing) is invariably slower in
colder temps. And yes, skiing on cold snow will often sound...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 23rd 13, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Best cartop cargo carrier?

On Mon, 23 Dec 2013 14:29:56 -0500
gr wrote:

I got a nice new 2014 Forester a couple months ago, and now see I am
going to need a cargo box if I intend to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 23rd 13, 07:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Early snow now gone from Rochester NY- Waaaaaa!

We've had a lot here in Bozeman the past few days, so maybe some more
is on the way.

Gene

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 12:06:36 -0500
gr wrote: