Showing results 1 to 25 of 33
Search took 0.79 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: French_Skier
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 4th 09, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 0
Posted By French_Skier
Ski Republic into administration

This might be of interest to a few people
See http://pistehors.com/news/ski/comments/0968-perfect-storm-for-ski-resorts/

Not sure I would be reassured by promises from people who got
themselves in...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 17th 08, 11:58 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By French_Skier
Ski accidents - who's fault?

Don't know if anyone has seen this story which was also reported in
the national...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 7th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By French_Skier
Chamonix accidents

Slightly more sober account off the VB tragedy on pistehors.com where
you could also read similarly tragic stories and people playing the
blame game.

Matt- Hide quoted text -

Found a...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 6th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By French_Skier
Fresh snowfalls... at last

Hopefully it will at least stay cold now so that they can start to
blast with snow cannons again! Ok not the answer to everything but it
does help. What did a lot of damage was the high temperatures...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 6th 08, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By French_Skier
Chamonix accidents

You have probably heard the news of the two tragic accidents last
weekend.

The Vallée Blanche accident is really sad and could probably happen to
any of us but when people ski in high altitude...
Forum: European Ski Resorts January 14th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By French_Skier
French speed cams

The french police do appear to take an arbitary attitude towards road
offences. I was pulled over a few years ago for not having my headlights
on and fined. My wife was also pulled over at the...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 10th 07, 10:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By French_Skier
Help keep this group rubbish free

On Nov 10, 10:23 am, wrote:
Not everyone uses google groups I'm afraid :)

Good point that I had missed! Those using google groups can do so.
Will certainly do myself.
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 9th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 13
Posted By French_Skier
Help keep this group rubbish free

I think we are pretty lucky as a group as we don't tend to get too
much unwanted rubbish. Would encourage everyone to report any spam
posted here - quite simple if you have not done this before and...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 20th 07, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By French_Skier
Chamonix - end of season conditions?

On Apr 16, 8:10 am, "JR" wrote:
Off to Chamonix on friday for long w/e. How are the slopes at Grand Montet
holding up in the heat??

Thanks,
John

John, do let...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 3rd 07, 12:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By French_Skier
heliskiing and acclimatising

Totally agree you should be fine if fit enough but would still check
with guide if any walking involved after drop. Have once done some
skin at 3800m without acclimatising and that was very hard...
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 3rd 07, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By French_Skier
Off to La Grave tomorrow

--
Champ
neal at champ dot org dot uk

Cool photos. Looks like conditions were great at both la Grave and the
Lautaret. Must have been some effort climbing up there.
The Derby de la Meije start...
Forum: European Ski Resorts March 14th 07, 10:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By French_Skier
Conditions in La Grave

Just back from a trip to Serre Che and La Grave and confitions were
pretty good. La Grave was very good with great snow in all the top
section. Down to St Christophe side was good too. Final bit down...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 7th 06, 08:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 11
Posted By French_Skier
Skiing with a young child

Have you thought about self catering if cost is a consideration? It
would probably cost you less than a fourth of the cost of a chalet and
then there is no issue of been separated from the kids. You...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 1st 06, 12:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 9
Posted By French_Skier
Chamonix season delayed???

Mouse wrote:

Am slightly concerned. Am meant to be going to Chamonix for one week on
16th December and it looks as if the lifts don't open until 23rd (not
really helpful to me!!)

I skied...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 16th 06, 09:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By French_Skier
Annecy area...

What's the name of the village? It's no good for ski if you are on the
lake's West bank for instance. Traffic around the lake and particularly
Annecy town can be difficult.
In addition to La Clusaz...
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 6th 06, 10:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By French_Skier
Is this too obsessive?

Team S-J wrote:
A quick poll required on the obsessiveness of only taking young kids on ski
holidays and travelling by car on Christmas Day from the UK to the Alps for
another ski holiday. I...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 28th 06, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By French_Skier
Tignes Grande Motte, current conditions

Cheers Pete, look forward to your impressions as I often find webcams
slightly deceptive. Glacier in L2A is often black in late summer for
instance but conditions in morning are usually decent...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 28th 06, 09:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By French_Skier
Les Coches - Apartment Cleaning Agencies

Don't know anyone in Les Coches but the local agence immobilieres will
probably all offer this service if you agree to rent your apartment
through them. They probably offer very low rates and charge...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 28th 06, 09:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 12
Posted By French_Skier
Tignes Grande Motte, current conditions

If anyone goes skiing/boarding at the Mondial in Les Deux Alpes this
week http://www.mondialdusnow.com/ I would be interested to know what
you think of the conditions on the glacier.

pg wrote:
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 21st 06, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By French_Skier
Car Hire from geneva to flaine

Normally the difference is no more than £20 for an average car. £60
sounds a lot so I would check with other suppliers. Have you checked
holidayautos for instance?
Some suppliers include snow tyres...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 21st 06, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 8
Posted By French_Skier
airport transfer from lyon to flaine

Return Private transfer from Lyon to Flaine will cost you about £620
for 4 people and around £690 for 6 people so car hire does clearly
work out a lot cheaper. Would not really advise train to Cluses...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 21st 06, 10:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By French_Skier
decent apartment Val D'Isere

There is penty of accommodation listed on the resort tourist office
http://www.valdisere.com/gb/sejour/hebergement/information.php and some
can be booked online.
UK Tour operators also offer many...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 14th 06, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 4
Posted By French_Skier
UK Sales of Second Hand equipment

Agree with other poster to get stuff from resort at end of season
although ex-rental is usually pretty knacked. If you go to France
skiing buy it new at Decathlon see (only in French and UK site is...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 14th 06, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 10
Posted By French_Skier
B St M from Geneva - rent frnch or Swiss side?

Always get cars from Swiss side unless obviously flying to French side
(only French internal flights normally eg. transfer via Paris). It's a
nightmare to get from Swiss to French side although...
Forum: European Ski Resorts October 14th 06, 10:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By French_Skier
looking for accomadation in French Alps

You may also find the same Samoens apartments on
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/default.cfm/loadindex.49 - maybe even
cheaper.
Have been there and they are certainly very good value for money but
the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 33