Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jgs
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By jgs
Nordic ski shops in Stowe

Hi - Omer and Bobs in Hanover NH is a good store, just off Rt. 89.
http://www.omerandbobs.com/
You can give them a call ahead of time.
Reasonable prices and a great crew of guys.
Get coffee at the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 07, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By jgs
Blood volume?

Joe,
I was helped by - 'The Vein Institute of the North Shore, Dr. Tom
Dooley', north of Boston. I had, had two prior surgeries that were not
nearly as well thought out. The procedure I had done...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By jgs
Blood volume?

Joe,
I had a very successful operation to rid myself of veins like you
describe. Recovery time is nearly nothing, on your feet in hours,
running within a week. The guy that did my leg was no...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By jgs
Steel Scraping My Skis

Man, oh man....
Having spent many years as a woodworker, I think you should go buy a
truck load of skis to practice on. Using a cabinet scraper is an art.
All the jigs and tricks will not help. The...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 8th 06, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 54
Posted By jgs
looking for better technique isn't worth it

Ken Roberts wrote:

Seated pedaling on a bicycle is pretty near the simplest kind of human
propulsion.

Ken, I think running is the simplest form....maybe walking.

As for speed and technique - I...
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5