Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: 32 degrees
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 6th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By 32 degrees
white area on black base

hey dell, they are pretty fast.
so, actually i'm just wondering what it is ..

after reading everything i believe the "white spot" is a buildup of kick wax
that has rubbed off and is redeposited...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By 32 degrees
white area on black base

so i have a pair of RCS classic fischers that are 2 years old. Whenever i
ski on them (after a fresh waxing mind you) i get an area of "white"
developing just behind my kick zone. Obviously, it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By 32 degrees
Toko riller bar question

I learned that this tool makes ROCKETS of my skis in combination with CERA F
and some wet, rained on snow ... I mean, I beat people I had no hope of
normally beating. Ha ! Take that !!...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 15th 08, 01:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By 32 degrees
Prepping for Races

I"ve found my best marathons and long races come when I race a marathon the
weekend before, then during the week the only day I ski is Wednesday ( nice
long easy 1.5-2 hours ) with the other days...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 13th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By 32 degrees
Bjoern Daehlie is back!

last time i went to the American Birkebeiner Sylvio Fauner was there in the
lead pack ...

maybe Sylvio and Bjorn can have a "re-match" sprint to the finish !!!!!!!

JKal.

"Terje Mathisen"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 6th 08, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By 32 degrees
tour de ski stage 8 WOMEN's

link to about 2 minutes of the women's climbing ...

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=21874&lid=sport&from=menu
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 5th 08, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By 32 degrees
thanks TASSAVA

Excellent links tassava !!! thanks !
JKal.

Guaranteed to play!
Asiago men's final: http://svt.se/svt/play/video.jsp?a=1015436
Asiagno women's final:...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 1st 08, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By 32 degrees
Trip report from Houghton

I saw some of the races last year Andy and wish i could be there this year
to enjoy real snow!!

wrote in message...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 21st 07, 02:38 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By 32 degrees
Skate skis vs classic skis?

I have skijored with a good solid 110 pound husky/lab mix and let me tell
you SKATING is the way to go.
If you have a solid strong and fast dog, you can barely even keep up even if
you are a GOOD...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 14th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By 32 degrees
Wax Iron

Dave - hopefully the model color and design scheme of your IRONS will change
drastically from year to year so those people who are really into having
others know they have the "newest" and "best"...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 5th 07, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By 32 degrees
herringbone in SKATE race !

geez romat i wasnt trying to "steal" the credit ... i just found it while
surfing youtube.com

i didnt even see the old post !!

still, it is a great find !

Who posted it on youtube? i vaguely...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 16th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By 32 degrees
altitude tent bologna

here's the exact quote from the article.

"Many athletes now use hypoxic tents. However, research has found that less
than 8-10 hours / day in a tent is insufficient to stimulate erythropoiesis.
A...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 16th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By 32 degrees
altitude tent bologna

So... just saw that altitude simulating machines can be bought for $1800 -
no tent, just a very uncomfortable face mask to wear. But, now i read they
don't work -...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 23rd 07, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By 32 degrees
more running

Dan Ray - mentioned in Pete Vordenbergs book, also was a Minnesota state
champ in the 2 mile run I believe. Went on to be one of NMU's best skiers
in '88-'89 for Sten... along with John Goble,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 22nd 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By 32 degrees
aukland running

Anyone else see the fasterskier.com article on Anders Aukland placing 2nd in
the Norwegian Nationals track finals 5000m race? He went about 14:30 or
so - pretty fast for a skier. Justin Wadsworth...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 10th 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
tunnel vs treadmill

I"m not even talking 2km DMK, I'm talking endless loops on 200 METERS up and
back on my golf course fairway !!! Of course this is early season skiing
before the grooming takes place but I"ll take...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 10th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
tunnel vs treadmill

treadmill running? - I'd rather get fat and lazy, maybe start smoking

tunnel skiing? - I'd do it for hours on end.

I can ski a little self-packed 200m loop for hours on end on our local golf...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 7th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
Did any skiers get trapped in the Twin Cities bridge collapse?

Sorry for the loss Jay. I was wondering the same after the accident.

To bring it back to skiing again though ---

you are right, it might be too warm for snowmaking in the Twin Cities area,
BUT I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 2nd 07, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
Vino

Well, geez, I went on vacation and left a big cat fight !! hahahahaha

someone else said it best. I view the people on here as I would a friend I
work out with. We talk about the TDFrance,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 25th 07, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
Vino

Your post about my post being off topic was off topic.
It didnt mention anything about skiing.
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 25th 07, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
Vino

Wow, you're right, sorry JFT.

But, wait, this group is about endurance sports in general over the summer -
i've seen posts on canoeing, biking, hiking, etc. In fact there is a post
about nordic...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 24th 07, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Posted By 32 degrees
Vino

After the Floyd Landis scandal I really had my hopes up for a clean TDF.
Not so, I've been shot down in flames. I feel like I've been mugged or beat
up or something. Should I bother to watch any...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 18th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By 32 degrees
GITM

Any other Michigan/Wisconsin/Minnesota skiers doing the Grand Island Trail
Marathon on July 28? Its loaded with SKIING talent. Last year it was Jim
Harrigton (birkie top 50 finisher) dueling it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 11th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By 32 degrees
Hushovd

So is Thor Hushovd a Norwegian hero of the same ranking as Ulvang, Daehlie,
Aalsgard ??

Nice win for him in the sprint today at the TDFrance !

JKal.
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 1st 07, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
91
Posted By 32 degrees
91

this is trip #3 for me.
doing something interesting this time. Canoeing 4-5 inland lakes via the
portage routes while taking a 3 credit graduate class through MTU. we'll
get to meet with and do...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100