Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Norski
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Norski
Crash!

In XC crashes, it seems like you stop right away and take a lot of abuse.
Alpine falls, the skis pop off and you slide for a while, scrubbing off
speed and momentum.

If you don't fall once in a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Norski
Classic ski bindings

I'm switching to the NNN system next year, so have a bunch of SNS race
classic bindings that I bought new this year. They will be on ebay soon, or
I will sell now for $40, plus shipping. Retail is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 30th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Norski
Pole Length Recommendations

Well there sort of is a 'pole stretcher'. I cut a wood dowel that just fit
inside the grip, to lengthen a pair of poles about a 1/2".
But you're right, better to measure twice and cut once to begin...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 07, 05:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Norski
protecting skis

John,
In my opinion, there shouldn't be any problem leaving the skis for
several months covered with wax that has already been scraped. However it is
a problem when people put skis away for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 31st 06, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
Posted By Norski
Sucky final sprint at Munich

I'd have to strongly disagree with you that our American team are 'also
rans'. If you watch the World Cup races from 2003, Freeman and Swenson was
running right at the front with the very best....
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 29th 06, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By Norski
rollerski wheels - learnings

Clayton Keim is the owner of www.rollerskishop.com that sells the Pursuit
models. He is also a college student, entrepreneur and one of the many good
people in this sport. This summer he helped...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 24th 06, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Norski
Does Rollerskiing Destroy Boots?

Last Wednesday I went out for the maiden voyage on my brand new 'low volume,
narrow' Centrix boots. On a fast downhill a rock jammed one of the front
wheels while I was skating and launched me into a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 10th 06, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By Norski
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

Hi Russ,
I took the suggestion from you and Jay. This morning I ordered one of
the Toko timing units. It should be a good way to actually record the time
of skis through a 'speed trap' rather...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 30th 06, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By Norski
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

Jay,
Is it worth while to build and setup a glide down timer? With all the
changing variables during the testing, maybe different
temperature/conditions come race day, conditions changing during...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 23rd 06, 01:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 30
Posted By Norski
Help! Salomon Active Pilots a good choice? Size?

Many athletes prefer Marwe 610 rollerskis. With the small diameter wheels,
your center of balance is lower, so you don't have that wobbly feeling.
Marwes are noticeably lighter, feel like skiing on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 06, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 30
Posted By Norski
Help! Salomon Active Pilots a good choice? Size?

Look for the screwdriver that has the rounded tip. The regular straight tip
does not grip the screws very well and will slip. If the holes were drilled
to the proper diameter, you'll find it is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 17th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By Norski
Nordic skiing URLs

www.teamtoday.org By Pete Vordenberg, Head Coach at USST
www.teamfsx.com The Fischer/Swix race team website
www.engineeredtuning.net Zach Caldwell, top tuner's website, with...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 12th 06, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Norski
Audio XC book? Road trip! ...Pete's book on tape

Jeff,
Loved reading Pete's book "Momentum" and still occasionally pick it up
to look through it. Pete has inspired the ski community and there are some
impressive projects going on in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 30th 06, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Norski
FA: Enduroski rollerskis

Enduroski rollerskis up for auction on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150040625336
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 25th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 25
Posted By Norski
Jenex advises V2 150 SC combi for long feet

Any ideas why they are wrapping tape around skate boots for rollerskiing?
I've never seen people trying to stiffen their boots in the winter time.
Other than Alpine racers standing in a snow bank...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 11th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Norski
No more English XC video

Doesn't Eurosport see the opportunity here? Apparently their service is not
available in the North America. I sent an e-mail to inquiry, but they did
not answer.
Why can't they offer the coverage...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 25th 06, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By Norski
how much training ...

Besides ski racing, I've raced triathlons since 1986 and have watched the
pros over those years. It seems like some of them lose common sense when it
comes to how much training to do, especially the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 25th 06, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 33
Posted By Norski
how much training ...

"I have no doubt I could ride 50 hours a week for lots and lots of weeks in
a row if I were being paid enough..."

Two of my friends are Pro cyclists. One of them got on the HealthNet Pro
Cycling...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18