Showing results 1 to 25 of 70
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 20th 11, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
Storage wax

Larry wrote:
An article by Lee Borowski on storing skis that was referenced here
not that long ago recommends using the "warmest non-fluoro wax you can
find" to melt into the surfaces for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 24th 11, 05:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
Which Ski Marathon?

kskier wrote:
What part of the country are you trying to do this race????

if out west, there's the Gold Rush:
http://www.farwestnordic.org/raceschedule.html
March 20, 2011
Not too large - maybe a...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing July 13th 10, 04:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
a letter about skiing

Ala wrote:
Weather is fab this week highs in the upper 90s, I am the only one i
know who likes it this way

at night it may drop to 70

next week a cold front might drop us down in the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 10, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob
Salomon's New Classic Propulsion Binding and the Salomon SkateWedge.

wrote:
And I thought you live a good distance from snow and just got on it
for the first time a season or so ago.

and since Dec 2006 has posted 577 times on XCskiforum - many...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 17th 10, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob
Salomon's New Classic Propulsion Binding and the Salomon SkateWedge.

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
snip

Anyway, I'll be quite stupid if I managed to get this wrong, and having
missed it with the thing sin my hands and under my feet. I was told the
wedge is to lift...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 8th 10, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob
Damn it's hard to buy Nordic Skis Nowadays!

SMS wrote:
The spousal unit really hates her 16 year old Asolo Blisterfield II
boots, and wanted NNN-BC boots and bindings. She also really needs
lighter skis than her Europa 99's for the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 25th 10, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob
NENSA Test scores compared? Records for US, the world?

MT Nordic wrote:
While that's very true, it's not feasible for most skiers to measure
their VO2 max while skiing.

Not exactly while skiing, but you can test VO2 while striding with...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 19th 10, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Bob
OK, what about the russian sprint team?

Terje Mathisen wrote:
wrote:
First off, if your point is about the Olympics, you're factually wrong
about the rules and policies. Check it out. If your point is about
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 10, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob
Halfway point between Royal Gorge, CA and Bend, Oregon withdecent skiing?

lastnord wrote:
On Jan 30, 2:51 am, Chris Cole wrote:
Hi guys,

Currently planning a road trip from San Fransisco - Royal Gorge -
Bend, Oregon - McCall, Idaho -...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 10, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
Repair defect ski and exchange crooked stick?

Thomas Paulsen wrote:
After my last tour I had to realise two defects.
One was a crooked ski stick:
http://omploader.org/vM2JvNQ
the other a deep scratch in my ski:
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 8th 10, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
royal gorge was good today

wrote:
every trail i was on was groomed and nice!

Hm. A chicken and egg issue. :)

Did they finally groom the Devils outlook trail?
RG has a facebook page (Royal...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 09, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
New Glide Wax Cleaners

Jon wrote:
These seem to be the most significant new waxing thing this year.
Just wonder if anyone as experience with them. In particular, I
wonder if they might work in conjunction with the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 09, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
New Glide Wax Cleaners

wrote:
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 08:37:44 -0800 (PST)
Jon wrote:

You are referring to which products specifically?
"Swix Glide Wax Cleaner":
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 24th 09, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob
Cost to operate an XC center

gr wrote:
Here is a paper someone wrote analyzing various costs and factors;
http://fasterskier.com/2009/12/the-price-of-skiing/
PDF of actual thesis is here;
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 17th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Bob
Ski car?

wrote:
I haven't driven automatics for many years except for rentals (Mazda 6,
Fusion, Charger). The Mazda was easily the peppiest, but for
responsiveness when needed, such as...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 4th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob
XC ski center: viable business?

wrote:
That said, I noticed an immediate drop in grooming after the sale.
AFAICT they operate only a single groomer at a time, now. There are
several trails that were...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 3rd 09, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By Bob
XC ski center: viable business?

wrote:
As a spin-off of the thread on Salmon Hills, purely out of curiosity,
- is running a XC ski center a viable business model at all? What %
of XC ski start-ups...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 8th 09, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.bicycles.tech
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
Can Polar S610 talk to Vista laptop?

jeff potter wrote:
On Sep 3, 2:34 pm, Bob wrote:
jeff potter wrote:
I have a Vista laptop and an oldish Polar S610 HRM.
Can I easily get these 2 to talk to each...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 3rd 09, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic,rec.bicycles.tech

jeff potter wrote:
I have a Vista laptop and an oldish Polar S610 HRM.

Can I easily get these 2 to talk to each other?

I've downloaded the free Polar Precision software.

I don't seem...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 4th 09, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
mass start petition

Daniel wrote:
I don't understand this, please translate it to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 3rd 09, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob
Outdoor Glide Waxing

wrote:
The only waxing setup I have in my current home is outside in a
screened in porch.

What's the actual temperature out there?

I just scraped of LF7 and it sort of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 26th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Bob
Has "C-Shaped" Double Poling Led to Increase In Spine Injuries?

wrote:
One aspect of "New Skate" technique I'm completely neutral on his the
"new" way to double pole.

To quote Justin Freeman's article in FasterSkier:

"You initiate...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing October 10th 08, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob
Geographic Feature N of Donner Lake and Truckee?

AES wrote:
In article ,
Bob wrote:

AES wrote:
Standing out very dramatically on Google Maps (Satellite photo tab) in
Forum: Backcountry Skiing October 10th 08, 03:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.backcountry

AES wrote:
Standing out very dramatically on Google Maps (Satellite photo tab) in
the region immediately N of Freeway 80 between Donner Lake and Truckee
is a long, nearly straight-line...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 14th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Bob
Will oil prices kill XC?

Here in the SF bay area, skiing is about 8 gallons away (one way in my
Subaru). Add another couple of gallons to go out to dinner, etc and I'm
up to 20 gallons for the weekend. Even when it doubles...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 70