Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: speede541
Forum: Snowboarding February 12th 08, 12:25 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By speede541
Some sample weights I collected: '08/07 Cinch...

Some sample weights I collected:

'08/07 Cinch CTS (XL) - 45 oz each (2.55 kg/pair)
'05/04 Cinch 05X (XL) - 50 oz each (2.83 kg/pair)
'07/06 Burton Cartel (L) - 35 oz each (1.98 kg/pair)

Hope this...
Forum: Snowboarding March 1st 07, 12:11 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By speede541
I asked this exact same question about a year...

I asked this exact same question about a year ago, with just a few days under my belt.

Champ's "front foot" advice is the same I received, and it's right on! Just got to practice-practice-practice...
Forum: Snowboarding March 1st 07, 12:05 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By speede541
If you're coming up 50, there is an REI in Folsom...

If you're coming up 50, there is an REI in Folsom right off the highway. If you're coming from Reno, there is a Sierra Trading Post outlet store a few exits south of the Hilton. Both are sure to have...
Forum: Snowboarding February 18th 07, 08:39 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By speede541
You've probably heard about the K2 Cinch...

You've probably heard about the K2 Cinch bindings. They are discussed here in a recent thread, and there is a "review" thread if you visit the forums at EpicSki.com. I believe 06/07 is their third...
Forum: Snowboarding February 18th 07, 08:33 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By speede541
The socks I wear for skiing are the same I wear...

The socks I wear for skiing are the same I wear for boarding: SmartWool either "Light Padding" or "Race" (no padding). I find their padded socks to be too uncomfortable, but like trader4 posted, they...
Forum: Snowboarding February 11th 07, 02:41 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By speede541
Wow, not much love for the Cinch in this thread....

Wow, not much love for the Cinch in this thread. What's up?

I relatively new to snowboarding (started last winter), and mid-season went the route of a conventional Burton for my front foot and a...
Forum: Snowboarding March 30th 06, 03:17 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By speede541
Learn ski vs. board for uncoordinated wife...

I wanted to pose this question in a snowboard forum to get out of the highly charged atsomphere of some ski forums I visit, and because I'll likely find more crossover sliders in a snowboard...
Forum: Snowboarding February 25th 06, 10:19 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By speede541
Thanks bro, this was the winning technique for me...

Thanks bro, this was the winning technique for me this last time out.

I'd chip-chip-chip my heel edge in (me facing "upslope" -- again, we're talking damn near flat terrain near the top of the lift,...
Forum: Snowboarding February 21st 06, 11:37 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By speede541
I understand exactly what you're describing. Let...

I understand exactly what you're describing.

Let us all not forget that we are talking relatively flat terrain near the top of the lift, sloped just enough to prevent the board from staying put. My...
Forum: Snowboarding February 17th 06, 03:33 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By speede541
Do not forget that, like ski boots, sock choice...

Do not forget that, like ski boots, sock choice makes a noteworthy difference!

I prefer fairly thin wool socks. You'll generally see them in a range of thicknesses: "Liners", "race", light padding,...
Forum: Snowboarding February 15th 06, 07:18 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By speede541
Yes, quite interesting. I did try digging the...

Yes, quite interesting.

I did try digging the heel-side edge into the snow. I have a little trouble maintaining balance, but as soon as I begin sliding my foot into the binding, the motion and the...
Forum: Snowboarding February 14th 06, 04:24 PM
Replies: 29
Posted By speede541
Cinch / Flow users: Stepping in on hills???

I'm a brand new user to the K2 Cinch binding. I'm also a relatively new boarder.

The Cinch has just been an awsome, fast binding to get in an out of without the requirement of sitting down and...
Forum: Snowboarding February 6th 06, 10:25 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By speede541
Just a hunch... what percentage of board...

Just a hunch... what percentage of board purchases are based on size, flex characteristics & riding preferences? And what percentage are based on graphics (or even the color of your jacket -- men...
Forum: Snowboarding January 31st 06, 05:23 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By speede541
That's one benefit of trading on Craig's list or...

That's one benefit of trading on Craig's list or other local bulletin boards / gear swaps: the buyers are almost always local allowing a person-to-person meet to inspect gear and trade cash. Plus...
Forum: Snowboarding January 31st 06, 12:01 AM
Replies: 9
Posted By speede541
Thanks LeeD for this advice. After four days on...

Thanks LeeD for this advice. After four days on the board, my slams are occurring in exactly this flat run-out condition you describe.

aznjz712, don't forget to look at used equipment! I didn't...
Forum: Snowboarding January 9th 06, 07:46 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By speede541
Who would know better? Presumably the...

Who would know better? Presumably the rider.

Just like skis, I could hazard to guess that board manufacturers don't because a 250 pound beginner could pretty quickly tax a stiff board in soft...
Forum: Snowboarding January 3rd 06, 11:31 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By speede541
Thanks, Lee. You would quickly understand that,...

Thanks, Lee. You would quickly understand that, if you looked over some of the 'absolute' guidelines (regarding sizing) on the various web sites that I am referring to, you are in 'absolute'...
Forum: Snowboarding January 3rd 06, 05:36 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By speede541
Just a followup that I got my 1/2 size too-small...

Just a followup that I got my 1/2 size too-small Malamutes out on the snow today and they felt great. Any remaining misgivings or concerns about my size of choice have been left behind in 8" of...
Forum: Snowboarding January 1st 06, 04:56 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By speede541
Thank you for your replies and for affirming my...

Thank you for your replies and for affirming my thought process.

The Malamutes I settled on I found at an REI -- no expert bootfitting. I read earlier threads (perhaps from Mike T) describing the...
Forum: Snowboarding January 1st 06, 03:22 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By speede541
Skier's thoughts on snowboard boot fit...

Am I mad? Am I sadomasochistic?

I'm a longtime skier taking up snowboarding. I've skied a few ski boots, and have a pretty good feel for what's too small and what's "just right".

Should a...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20