Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim Whalen NULL
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 12th 10, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Combi Skis

What is the deal with combi skis and boots? Is it as simple as you
can skate ski AND/OR classic ski with the same equipment? I assume of
course that different poles would be needed, but skis and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 22nd 10, 11:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Estonia and Finland

I am planning to do the Worldloppet races in Estonia (Tartu) and
Finland (Lahti) next February. If anyone has been to either (or both)
of these, I would appreciate info on logistics for these races...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 23rd 09, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
La Transjurassienne

any tips for the French classic 50 K race? Places to stay, etc? I am
planning to participate in Fec 2010.
Thanks.
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 12th 09, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Recommendations for good ski destinations from Chicago?

On Jan 11, 1:20*pm, Chi Skier wrote:
Does anyone have a recommendation for a three-day ski trip (e.g.,
Thursday through Sunday) departing from Chicago? I'll be flying...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 24th 08, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
What's the secret to long glide with poles?

On Aug 17, 12:41*pm, Gunde wrote:
Here are some technique sites I have listed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 8th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Will oil prices kill XC?

On Aug 7, 2:59*pm, wrote:
On Aug 6, 7:03*pm, Jim Whalen NULL wrote:

On Jul 14, 8:15*pm, (Eugene Miya) wrote:

In...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 7th 08, 02:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Will oil prices kill XC?

On Jul 14, 8:15*pm, (Eugene Miya) wrote:
In article ,
Terje Mathisen wrote:

Jim Whalen NULL...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 13th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
do you wear reg socks or thin socks or 2 pair of socks or?

On May 16, 5:44*pm, wrote:
Jim Whalen NULL wrote:

I am now getting nervous. I just bought race boots and got them a
"bit" on the large side...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 13th 08, 11:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Will oil prices kill XC?

On Jul 10, 1:24*am, "
wrote:
Do you expect to travel less to snow this winter? Global warming will
kill XC, but high oil prices may kill it even...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 25th 08, 11:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Marwe Question

On May 15, 2:47*pm, Camilo wrote:
Hi: I think I know the answer to this question since I looked at the
Finn Sisu website and searched this forum and other sources.

Has...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 16th 08, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
do you wear reg socks or thin socks or 2 pair of socks or?

On Apr 18, 8:54*am, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"
wrote:
Thanks for the BD tip. *: )

I wonder if socks for racing and for touring are 2 totally different
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 11th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Marcialonga

On May 6, 5:15*pm, wrote:
On Apr 29, 6:04*pm, Jim Whalen NULL wrote:

Has anyone skied the Marcialonga in Italy? *I am looking for a
recommendation...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 29th 08, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Marcialonga

Has anyone skied the Marcialonga in Italy? I am looking for a
recommendation on where to stay.
Thanks.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 29th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim Whalen NULL
Big News

Please see the attached link for news about XC skiing in WNY and NE
PA. Allegany State Park has purchased equioment for trail grooming.

http://www.madbbs.com/users/jandy100/ASP.htm
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14