Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mitch
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 9th 09, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Mitch
Tug Hill Tourathon

Well to start with it's no longer a 50k event.

-Mitch

On Mar 8, 3:25 pm, ADK Skier wrote:
Tug Hill Tourathon's web site says they will have better grooming next
weeked for...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 20th 08, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Mitch
Can NNN BC boots be used with plain NNN bindings?

On Nov 19, 5:23 pm, wrote:

Turns out the Alfa boots have more shaping at the ball of the foot,
which is why they don't sit down naturally w/o pressure. It also
turns out what...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 19th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Mitch
Skate ski sizing

On Nov 17, 11:52 pm, wrote:
I have a chance to purchase a pair of used Fischer RCS junior skate skis for
my 10 year old daughter. They are in excellent condition and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Mitch
The Rottefella NNN SIS Purge.

I remember hearing a year or two ago that this was going to happen in
the next few years. I don't remember now where I heard it, maybe from
a shop. I just remember thinking how unlikely it seemed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Mitch
Can NNN BC boots be used with plain NNN bindings?

On Nov 16, 2:30 am, wrote:
What about NNN2 boots with NNN touring bindings? At last week's swap I
bought a pair of Alfa classical boots to go with some Revolutions that
have NNN...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 18th 08, 01:20 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Mitch
Can NNN BC boots be used with plain NNN bindings?

On Nov 15, 11:49 am, wrote:

You should also know that the NNN bindings are past the NNN2 models
with newer NNN3s and NNN4s. I understand from NNN friends that you
can sort...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 16th 08, 06:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 23
Posted By Mitch
Resistance for Aero 150's - A Poll

On Sep 11, 11:25 pm, wrote:
I don't think Marwe is alone on this. They are not speed reducers but
speed limiters.

So if I understand correctly, the Marwe wheels run at their...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 12th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 23
Posted By Mitch
Resistance for Aero 150's - A Poll

On Sep 11, 7:16 pm, wrote:

Marwe wheels have an internal governer.

They do? I'd like to hear more about this. How do they compare to
V2 speed reducers? I though V2 was the only...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 14th 08, 02:41 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 35
Posted By Mitch
Will oil prices kill XC?

On Jul 10, 2:24 am, "
wrote:
Do you expect to travel less to snow this winter? Global warming will
kill XC, but high oil prices may kill it even...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 11th 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Mitch
Good shoulder PT for skiers?

On Feb 10, 4:03 pm, jeff potter wrote:
PS: It seems that the shoulder injury I recently got from just
slipping when I was standing on my skis hasn't affected my skiing....
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 08, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Mitch
-15 F and wind

On Feb 8, 6:53 pm, Jay W wrote:
Is it crazy to race at -15 F and 10 mph winds?

Isn't this traditional Keskinada weather?

-Mitch
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 9th 08, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Mitch
Good shoulder PT for skiers?

On Feb 8, 7:05 pm, jeff potter wrote:
Anyone know any good stretches or exercises for shoulder stress for XC
skiers? I'll look up the stanard rotator cuff info but I'm...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Mitch
Tug Hill Tourathon

Well another Tourathon is now history and the war stories from this
one must be endless.

First there was the ungroomed trail we didn't turn onto a few km from
the start, which led to the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 08, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Mitch
NNN3 and NNN2 compatible?

On Feb 4, 2:19 pm, jeff potter wrote:
I see that Fischer dumped Salomon/SNS/Profil and is now NNN.

NNN3, that is.

Are all the NNN's compatible?

Forum: Nordic Skiing December 25th 07, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Mitch
Maxiglide "Speed Powder"?

It doesn't sound like you two are talking about the same product.
Maxiglide Speed Powder is not the same as the Maxiglide greasy stuff
everybody puts on their waxless skis. It was a product that...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Mitch
Overtaking slower skier in race

Chris Cole wrote:

Out of curiosity, what am I likely to hear yelled at me in say France,
or Norway if someone's coming up behind me and wants me to move out of
the way??

The one time I skied...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Mitch
Rybinsk, Russia

wrote:
Off-topic, but this picture is a little disheartening.

http://www.skisport.ru/photos/picture.php?v=10,kol=285&w=10&id=10635&page=27

I had a downhill ski boot do that once...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 25th 07, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Mitch
Steel Scraping My Skis

ADK Skier wrote:
I purchased a new steel scraper with a burnished edges. I've tried this
several times in the past but I never get a ribbon type peel, but
rather stringy stuff. The stringy...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 23rd 07, 02:30 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Mitch
Does Combi skiing work very well?

Gary Jacobson wrote:

I doubt that there are any good combi skis these days. At least I haven't
heard of any.

Same here.

Years ago I and many other skiers used a Peltonen Combi ski that was...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 23rd 07, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Mitch
Overtaking slower skier in race

Marsh Jones wrote:
Boy, talk about getting midwest-centric. Sorry for the hazy
explanation. On the Birkie trail, single tracks are set on both sides
of the trail and the skate lane is wide...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 07, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Mitch
Overtaking slower skier in race

Marsh Jones wrote:
The fly in
the ointment is often skaters trying to DP past the conga lines. "Track
skater" is normally all it takes to get them back out, and the 2nd time
you call it, the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 2nd 07, 01:17 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By Mitch
Skate Boot Covers?

What I want to find are boot covers for little kid boots, i.e. kids
size 10 and up. I've looked some but so far never found anything.

-Mitch
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 31st 06, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Mitch
Snow dearth in Northeast US, was: Methow Valley or Silver Star areas

Was watching that on the radar this morning. Osceola reported 3" new
at 4:00 and is now planning to open Sunday, with warnings that
conditions aren't particularly good, bring rock skis, expect to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 29th 06, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By Mitch
Snow dearth in Northeast US, was: Methow Valley or Silver Star areas

Lew Lasher wrote:

Right now, the only places in the Northeast US with 10 km or more of
trails open are Osceola Tug Hill and Garnet Hill Lodge, both in New York
State.

That was apparently true...
Showing results 1 to 24 of 24