Showing results 1 to 25 of 39
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: outsideinmi
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 7th 12, 11:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
dead

oh yes forgot Wenner too!!

"Terje Mathisen" "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote in message
outsideinmi wrote:
hey GR and Gene, good to see you here...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 5th 12, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
dead

hey GR and Gene, good to see you here too.

who was the guy from Twin cities that always posted back in the 90's?? Jay?
Tegeder?

wrote in message...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 4th 12, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
dead

man, except for Terje this group has died. remember the old days? or, of
course, maybe its just that its 33C outside and sunny and nobody is thinking
snow.
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 12, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By outsideinmi
Jesse Diggins - the real deal?

With a top ten finish in Rybinsk today and beating Kowalczyk in the sprint,
i'd say the real deal.

wrote in message
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 22nd 11, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
What are the most basic needs for XC?

Things you need to have a good experience XC skiing:
(assumes little or no grooming, East coast kind of snow (ie; wettish)

The obvious things are;
skis
poles
boots
Clothing
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 21st 11, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By outsideinmi
Does skating absolutely require groomed trails?

absolutely yes, done it nearly every year on our local golf course out my
door.

400 yard long fairway. first pass 4 minutes slooooooow. second pass, 3:45,
third pass, 3:30, until i've packed it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 22nd 11, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By outsideinmi
50k rollerski race

FYI if you're in the midwest and rollerski.

http://www.nordicskiracer.com/news.asp?NewsID=5677

in the wilds of the UP, newly paved road along lake superior, past dunes,
wooded (less wind).

JKal.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 11, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By outsideinmi
Oslo : And the winner is...

You need another Alsgaard to bring back Madshus!!

"Terje Mathisen" "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote in message
lolix wrote:
Fischer.

No, the winner...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 11, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By outsideinmi
pardon my swedish

quote in Aftonbladet from the 50k won by Northugg.
hahahahaha, hilarious

"Are not many drops to make it pop"
Norway's ski king has not smelled alcohol since May.

Now he fears that the gold party...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 11, 12:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By outsideinmi
energy output run vs ski

same course, same terrain, same everything except one person on skis, one
person runs.
who burns more calories?

I'll say the runner.
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 11, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By outsideinmi
Ski Marathons

Depending on the course, easier in the sense that you get to use upper
and lower body and get free glide some of the way, harder in that the
energy demand is much greater. Of course, you can...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 11, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By outsideinmi
Norwegian champs 15+15K: Lars Flora #11 at the ski swap!

FLORA in there too? interesting

"Terje Mathisen" "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote in message
It is fun to watch a Norwegian championship, with Rønning and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 2nd 11, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By outsideinmi
Ski Marathons

totally agree. much easier
less pounding, less TIME, easier all the way.
glide is to your advantage, not much glide in running!

JKal.

"dwall" wrote in message...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 13th 10, 01:31 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By outsideinmi
the secret revealed ...

Isn't possible to increase the amount of fast muscle fibers by training?

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes

It is certainly possible to train increase the amount of fast muscle fibers
by...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 11th 10, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By outsideinmi
the secret revealed ...

Getting to the very top probably requires some luck as well (avoiding
major injuries), but it is those "10 000 hours of effortfull practice"
quoted by all authorities as required for true...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 9th 10, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By outsideinmi
the secret revealed ...

Look at how Kris Freeman trains = insanely hard!
Look at how any world cup skier trains = insanely hard.

I don't believe Northugg trains any harder. He has the genetic gift of some
fast twitch...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 8th 10, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 22
Posted By outsideinmi
the secret revealed ...

"Ro" wrote in message
After Peter Northug blew out the WC circuit this year with so many
wins...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 16th 10, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By outsideinmi
Russian Sprint Tour - Russian Translation needed

I, personally, prefer top posting! In fact, this is the first mention I've
ever heard of someone on RSN saying how to post. I nearly was crucified
over on rec.running for top...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 24th 10, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
pirate bay download problem.

Yes yes and yes Gene!! full scans and MBAM scan too.
reloading windows was actually a nice solution because it cleaned up all the
crap i had on the comp and now its faster. unfortunately i did...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 10, 09:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
pirate bay download problem.

i use bittorrent as my file downloader, AVG as virus software, media player
and iTunes to watch vids.

No specific malware was identified this time as i got outta the site
quickly, but last week my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 23rd 10, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By outsideinmi
pirate bay download problem.

Hey, tried to download some of the recent world cup races from basilbrush
and other so i went o my favorite site pirate bay and my virus software
freaked out, never had this problem before. closed...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 10, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By outsideinmi
sprint Oslo?

eventually fromsport.com had it and i got to watch the semifinals AND the
finals!
GO KIKKAN!

JKal.

wrote in message
Sorry, past my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 14th 10, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By outsideinmi
sprint Oslo?

nrk not working for me and fromsport.com not showing it either.

Gene? anyone have a link to the Oslo sprint?

JKal.
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 13th 10, 11:42 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By outsideinmi
Holmenkollen races going on right now

watching the men's 50k right now, they're at the halfway point with a
Vittoz, Manificat, Northugg breakaway. eurosport 2 is showing through
fromsport.com !! tune in! The norwegian fans are...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 10, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By outsideinmi
vasaloppet spoiler

you in the USA shreddir??? i couldnt get nrk to work.

"shreddir" wrote in message
I got the NRK webcast up till they...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 39