Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Chare[_2_]
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 27th 14, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Historic questions on the 3V Les Trois Vallees

On 26/02/2014 19:58, wrote:

If I could find my original piste map (I have never thrown away a
piste map) this would help.

I have had a look at a current piste map and...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 25th 14, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Historic questions on the 3V Les Trois Vallees

On 24/02/2014 10:33, Brian Mc wrote:
Michael Chare mUNDERSCOREnews@charedotorgdotuk wrote:
: The last part of the piste (that I probably used in the 70s) has always
: been covered with snow...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 22nd 14, 12:12 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Late season ski trip to Wengen/Grindelwald for a total beginner?

On 20/02/2014 21:28, Rod wrote:
Hoping some of the few remaining resident gurus here could give a bit
of advice...

I'm thinking of whether a late season trip to Wengen or Grindelwald
with a...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 22nd 14, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On 21/02/2014 21:23, wrote:
Historic questions on the 3V Les Trois Vallees

1) Does anyone remember having to ski over a road surface on the way
to Val Thorens ? The...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 19th 14, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Pistes used for staging ski race - World Cup & Olympic

On 11/02/2014 20:18, wrote:

I have been trying to find a list of pistes/resorts used for World Cup
ski racing (or Olympic). Nothing satisfactory turned up so I will have
Forum: European Ski Resorts April 5th 13, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 1
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
The changing world

Whilst trying to book next year's skiing holiday, I found that both
Inghams and Neilson wanted just about double the one week holiday rate
for a two week holiday. Inghams said that the reason for...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 26th 13, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
How inconvenient is it...

On 23/02/2013 20:44, PipL wrote:
On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 21:46:20 +0100, Ace wrote:

I think you're right. Some first-class skiing, albeit a bit of a faff
to get around....
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 22nd 13, 12:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
French Protectionism

On 20/02/2013 18:06, The Older Gentleman wrote:
Mike Clark wrote:

I see the issue of French Protectionism for the ESF raises its ugly head
once again

Forum: European Ski Resorts December 24th 12, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Easyjet Geneva queue

On 24/12/2012 10:03, The Older Gentleman wrote:
Ace wrote:

Not "free" though, if it's BA, as you still have to pay all the taxes
with real money.

Ours was £20 a...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 23rd 12, 09:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Easyjet Geneva queue

Yesterday the Easyjet queue snaked round the zone 5 end of the
departures hall, all the way down the hall and out of the zone 1
entrance. I don't suppose that this is a record!

On the +ve side...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 14th 12, 10:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Have skis got longer again?

On 13/12/2012 19:35, PipL wrote:
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 16:07:42 +0100, Ace wrote:

I often stem the
start of a turn in a narrow steep gully,

That's *exactly* what I...
Forum: European Ski Resorts December 11th 12, 12:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 27
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Have skis got longer again?

Have skis got longer again?

I have been using 165-168cm skis for the past few years and I find this
length very good. - I don't normally cross them!

I was looking in Snow and Rock and the skis...
Forum: European Ski Resorts February 22nd 12, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Dolomites

On 13/02/2012 01:43, wrote:
I am going to be visiting the Dolomites in a week or so. I am an avid
skiier, but my wife is juat a beginner. I'll only have one day in the
Forum: European Ski Resorts November 19th 10, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Replies: 14
Posted By Michael Chare[_2_]
Ski Insurance

"Michael Chare" wrote in message