Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jim[_3_]
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 31st 13, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim[_3_]
10 mm baskets on 7 mm poles

I would think you would need to build up the inside somehow, maybe by mixing saw dust with the glue.

My experience with roller-ski tips that are not the EXACT size (much less than 7-vs-10 mm) is...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 22nd 13, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Rollerskis: Placement of Wheels and Cutting Bindings...

Regarding cutting the binding, I'll bet you could do that reliably with a Dremel-type cutting wheel. It would produce a small-width cut that could be easily controlled: i.e. just take it slowly. ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 11th 13, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 13
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

For what it's worth, I have some experience with both V2 and Swenor.

I have a pair of the original V2-900s with steel shaft and VERY slow wheels that I use from on a hill right outside of my...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 6th 12, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Mass Starts

On Jan 3, 3:28*am, Terje Mathisen "terje.mathisen at tmsw.no" wrote:
wrote:
I'm not sure if quiet after some years is agreement. The skiers,
especially those who've been...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 22nd 11, 03:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Pilot bindings on rollerskis

For what it's worth, I've always found that aluminum is soft enough to
allow self tapping with the normal binding screws. I drill the pilot
hole at the recommended diameter and screw away, with no...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 27th 10, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_3_]
How to get equal foot action in skating

On May 26, 10:12*am, Larry wrote:
When practicing V-2/V-2alt on my roller skis, I keep overstepping on
my left foot (the weaker one). I've tried balance exercises
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 16th 10, 11:16 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim[_3_]
atomic waxless g2--any experiences or alternative suggestions

On Mar 15, 11:31*am, Edgar wrote:
On Mar 15, 4:27*am, Jim wrote:

On Mar 14, 9:54*am, john wrote:

On Mar 7, 9:43*pm,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 15th 10, 11:27 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim[_3_]
atomic waxless g2--any experiences or alternative suggestions

On Mar 14, 9:54*am, john wrote:
On Mar 7, 9:43*pm, Edgar wrote:

On Feb 28, 7:14*pm, john wrote:

I'd like to own...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 8th 10, 06:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Combi skis that aren't TOO bad?

Regarding "filling up the fish scales" I have an old pair of fish-
scale skis (I think Track Marathons)
that are reasonably narrow and reasonably stiff for a no-wax ski but
the pattern was way too...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 16th 09, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Ski car?

I've put about 200,000 miles each on two cars in the last 25 years: a
1984 FWD Saab 900 with 4 snow tires in the winter and a 1998 AWD
Subaru Outback with all-season tires. Both cars had...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 28th 09, 11:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Universal Sports World Cup Coverage

On Oct 27, 12:33*pm, "Eric N." wrote:
Does anyone know if Universal Sports is planning on covering any of
the Nordic World Cup events like they did last year? *The Downhill
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 20th 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Roller ski pole length?

My experience is that I need/want to plant the poles more toward
vertical when roller skiing to minimize slippage, so that tends to
require a shorter pole making up for the extra elevation from...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Rybinski torrent

Actually the Universal Sports Nordic feeds would be better WITHOUT the
announcers. Perhaps we could suggest that to them?
-Jim
On Feb 1, 8:20*pm, wrote:
At Universal, I'm getting...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 12th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By Jim[_3_]
XC on TV---is good footage possible?

There was a downhill S curve on one of the pursuits that I watched via
WCSN and they had a camera right there. Since it was a mass start you
could see bunches of skiers taking those two corners very...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 19th 07, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Diagonal Question

One possibility is when you're bring the leg forward you might not
have enough bend in the knee.
-Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 3rd 07, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Nordic skates...

I should add that I really LOVE my Nordic Blades. The ability to
drive, walk, and/or ski to the ice with your boots on and then just
clip into the blades is awsome!

I've been thinking of getting...
Forum: Nordic Skiing July 3rd 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Nordic skates...

Chris,

I've used mine just once at a rink and wasn't too pleased with the
performance, perhaps because the rink ice was very hard, and/or my
blades were not sharp enough. For me they work better on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 20th 07, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Breathing

I recall having some trouble getting "out of breath" rollerskiing V2
initially until I found a breathing cadence that worked. I ended up
having to do an "odd" sequence where the exhale did not...
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 5th 07, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By Jim[_3_]
Rossi vs Alpina touring boots

I agree with Randy on this one. I've been using Rossi skate and
classic racing boots because they fit my wide foot better than
Alpinas.
-Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing June 4th 07, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim[_3_]
New XC Binding System from 'CadoMotus' out Winter 07-08

Has anybody actually tried this on snow -- especially on ruty snow?
They look a bit unstable to me.
-Jim
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 9th 07, 11:52 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Jim[_3_]
nordictrack ankle strap

My experience is if you properly unweight your forward driving foot it
will seat
correctly in the tow cup everytime. I always thought this was a good
design
feature because it forced you to use good...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21