Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 25th 08, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Marwe Question

I can understand where it's not much fun having to worry about speed
reduction and the consequences of falling on pavement much of the time.
And based on my experience, Aeros would be among the last...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 21st 08, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
do you wear reg socks or thin socks or 2 pair of socks or?

How have you gotten the Boot Glove to stay put? I have the largest
size, but they weren't made for the style of groomed area boots we
wear and it tends to slide up off the toe. From time to time...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 20th 08, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Marwe Question

Yes, rollerskiing is harder on boots, tho I haven't destroyed any like
some others have reported. I use my old bumblebee pilot boots from 1999.
I'd probably benefit from a less worn-in pair with more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 16th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
do you wear reg socks or thin socks or 2 pair of socks or?

Jim Whalen NULL wrote:

I am now getting nervous. I just bought race boots and got them a
"bit" on the large side because I wanted to be able to wear two pairs
of socks...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 16th 08, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Marwe Question

wrote:

I have a friend who has designed some of the earo equipment and aux
brakes that were used on Lance's TT bikes at the Tour. I've been
talking to him about...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 16th 08, 01:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Marwe Question

Camilo wrote:

On May 15, 11:47 am, Camilo wrote:
Hi: I think I know the answer to this question since I looked at the
Finn Sisu website and...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 7th 08, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Fans' Skiing Commentary and Analysis

Have you looked at the Handbook on Cross Country Skiing put out by the
Olympics Medical Committee? I think there is some similar or parallel
discussion and reference to research articles that may be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing May 6th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Slower wheels for V2 150s?

I went through a very similar experience with those, which led me to
change rollerski brands and where I go, given no reducers. I'm a much
better skier for it and have gotten rid of the frustration...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 21st 08, 05:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
Jenex Omni-Prep

Try a google search on 'omni prep ski rotary.' Of the three choices,
Akers is good and so is buying direct from Jenex, but requires a call.

rm

wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for an...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 17th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 16
Posted By [email protected]
do you wear reg socks or thin socks or 2 pair of socks or?

So is the cross country ski sock the model of choice?

RM
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 16th 08, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
curious about the nis used w carbonlites and the s labboot...problems?

A binding plate normally stiffens a ski, and that's why the NIS comes
attached as opposed to being an option. If that's accounted for by
keeping the plate, the question would be whether a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 16th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
curious about the nis used w carbonlites and the s labboot...problems?

You sound confused. NIS is NNN, while S Labs are Salomon Pilot. Both
work very well but are noncompatible. I'd start with boots that fit and
let those determine the binding...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 15th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
white or grey areas on ski bases. Solved.

What do you mean by grind being the major factor? I ask because Kuzmin
argues that grind makes the ski slower and reduces hydrophobicity, which
then makes wax necessary. See his answer to Ian...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 15th 08, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
curious if the fisher carbonlites have any differences betweenthe 06/07 and 07 08 models

Ask Zach Caldwell - http://www.caldwellsport.com

"SpokaneDiscount,,no " wrote:

other than the decal?
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 14th 08, 03:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Two questions from this ski season

Top of grip (normal style) should be no higher than bone on side of
shoulder, but may be shorter if that's what it takes to get over the
poles and not have a delayed return (too long). Also, a more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 13th 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Kikken Randal gets DVT

Things are looking worse for Kikkan:
http://www.adn.com/outdoors/skiing/story/372495.html

wrote:

See www.fasterskier.com for Kikkan's blog and Anchorage Daily News
article on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 12th 08, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By [email protected]
Two questions from this ski season

Are you in a position to post any videos?

Larry wrote:

Unfortunately, most of my ski time is on wheels, so the few days that
I got to spend on snow this year were full of...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 12th 08, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

About block interval training, there's been some articles on
fasterskier.com, if you check their archives. I'm going to suggest
caution with it. It's been hotly debated at the elite level, and
most...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 11th 08, 04:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Modify/stiffen your own skis?

If you add a filler or riser under the binding, the ski becomes stiffer.

Petter wrote:

Changing the stiffness of your ski is a great idea. Something like put
a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 10th 08, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

Sure, it doesn't have to be real formal or stripped of fun. The
general point is that having a plan for getting in the kind of
condition you want does pay off. It might be something simple like...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 10th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

"The Flutter Over Heart Rate"
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/10/health/nutrition/10BEST.html
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Heart Rate Monitors and Overtraining

I'd suggest that the first issue is not HRM or not, but what your
training plan was. It sounds like you might have tried to accomplish
too much too quickly, since overtraining is usually the result...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 9th 08, 01:47 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
Looking for one Swix cork handle

No solace, but Swix cork grips are typically made with two seams, which
apparently is why they are so flimsy.

Camilo wrote:

On Apr 5, 9:24 am, Gunde ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 5th 08, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Kikken Randal gets DVT

See www.fasterskier.com for Kikkan's blog and Anchorage Daily News
article on her medical condition.

Something in the newspaper article, referring particularly to the
effects of long-distance...
Forum: Nordic Skiing April 4th 08, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
skate rollerski length question

Well, yes, if your goal is high intensity or safety, then slower wheels
can help where the terrain doesn't. Although how do you recover? The
more common problem rollerski skaters face is running...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72