Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sam Seiber
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 14th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 19
Posted By Sam Seiber
Need Recommendation for November in Colorado

VtSkier wrote:

Oh, Sam Sieber, are you there?
Don't you usually ski Loveland before Turkey day?

Ahh, Yup! Loveland will have at least a few runs by Turkey day.
Sometimes just about all of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 12th 07, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 75
Posted By Sam Seiber
kyoto update

Norm wrote:
What would that accomplish? Once again, as stated many times here, Al Gore
is a messenger. One of many. Al Gore himself is not the issue.

Yep, as a boss of mine 30 years ago once...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 21st 07, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Sam Seiber
boarding

sara wrote:

Boarding season is almost here! ;)

Where, not in Colorado. Today Loveland got 3" of snow. At least that
is 1" more than we got in total for the last month.

Sam "Ullr, where are...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 14th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By Sam Seiber
Hey 2" new at Loveland

......Since they opened.

I was going over my snow report e-mails from Loveland this morning.
They had 1" new on 10/31, and 1" new this morning. That is it since
they opened (10/16). Yikes, where...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 1st 07, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Sam Seiber
Keystone opens this weekend

snoig wrote:
Actually Keystone is lying about the great snow conditions. They have
been planning on opening up tomorrow for at least the last month.
They are talking about the great October...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 24th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 59
Posted By Sam Seiber
How is it where you are?

klaus wrote:
And so far, I think A-Basin and Loveland are open. Any others?

Lastly, have you been out yet. I have one day.

Finally got out. I have pics from Saturday at Loveland up...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 19th 07, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Sam Seiber
Loveland opens today!

snoig wrote:
Maybe so but A-Basin should have 3 ways down this weekend. Ramrod,
High Noon and whatever the green trail is. It should have more
terrain than Loveland but more crowds too. It's...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 19th 07, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Sam Seiber
Loveland opens today!

snoig wrote:
This is true. Snow depth at Loveland and A-Basin are both around
18". I haven't been yet but I here the coverage is great, no rocks at
all. If you are there on the weekends, the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 17th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 9
Posted By Sam Seiber
Loveland opens today!

Marty wrote:
Looks nice. I think it'd be worth taking the rock skis up for some
turns. Winter is here!
--
Marty

You don't need rock skis at Loveland. It is when they open runs...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 28th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Sam Seiber
Snowmaking starts at Loveland

Walt wrote:
Early season, I am there for the turns, not the speed.

I'm just here for the beer.

Nothing wrong with that. As I put my Mid October plans together,
I am not real sure I will...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 26th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Sam Seiber
Snowmaking starts at Loveland

ant wrote:
Must be almost the northern ski season... my big toenails have almost grown
back.

Not quite ski season. We are just 2 days into the snowmaking season.
But I am watching my vegation...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 26th 07, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Sam Seiber
Snowmaking starts at Loveland

hr(bob) wrote:

Will the run be wide enough for 2 skiers abreast or passing??

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

That is what it is on the Cat Walk portion. Rather congested, but
with a...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam Seiber
What's Open early November?

snoig wrote:
Opening day for all of the Summit County Colorado (and Loveland) areas
are scheduled for November 2nd or 9th. However, I would not recommend
bringing the kids here for the first...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 6
Posted By Sam Seiber
What's Open early November?

Neil Kaufman wrote:

Isn't Loveland usually open that early ?

You can bet on that and win 100%

Sam "Loveland is normally open a few days of each side of Oct 15" Seiber
A-Basin too,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Sam Seiber
Uhh...Hi it snowed ! That's good, right ?

wrote:

We do like snow....right ?
Uhhhh, yes. Is this some kind of trick question?

Sam "My Beloved Loveland looks best dressed in white" Seiber
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Sam Seiber
Snowmaking starts at Loveland

snoig wrote:
I also heard today that A-Basin and Copper also started last night.
However, we are supposed to get a warm front moving through this week
so I wouldn't be surprised if most of it...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 11
Posted By Sam Seiber
Snowmaking starts at Loveland

Richard Henry wrote:

I'm not going to send an official "Bite me" until you are actually
skiing on it.

Just save your "bite me" until I get the opening day on my web site.
Now on the other...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:30 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Sam Seiber
PING:Sam Seiber

VtSkier wrote:

Loveland Ski Area Begins Snowmaking
Resort Wants To Be First Ski Area To Open For Season

September 24, 2007
snip story

Hey, don't think I haven't been following this...
Forum: Alpine Skiing September 25th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Sam Seiber
Lovemaking starts at Snowland

Suzieflame wrote:

It's just a more interesting headline.

Yeppers, that is my home ski area! Always nice to see her dressed
in white.

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber
Forum: Alpine Skiing August 7th 07, 09:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Sam Seiber
Imperial Vs. Horseshoe

hr(bob) wrote:
I hiked up from Vista Haus to the top of the t-bar and then cut over
into imperial bowl beneath the Imperial lift yesterday. Sure looks
different in the summer...
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 18th 07, 09:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By Sam Seiber
Obski: You just can't make this stuff up

Miko the pooch wrote:
Yesterday was about perfect. The breeze kept everything cool.
The skiing was kind of boring. I'm not going back up until they put the
bumps back on Ramrod. The levelled...
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 17th 07, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 23
Posted By Sam Seiber
Obski: You just can't make this stuff up

OK, what is the joke about Texas skiers & bull****?
Well take a look he
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB117928108736204360.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Sam "A-Basin is too hot above 65 degrees" Seiber
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 16th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 99
Posted By Sam Seiber
ObSki: another run with flatboarding

Walt wrote:
Stein's Mambo is actually a named run at one of the local molehills.
Not one of my favorites by a long stretch, if that counts for anything.
//Walt

Mambo! That would be located at...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 16th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Sam Seiber
Anybody else at Copper yesterday?

Marty wrote:

Sad that it was the last day. The skiing was amazing! What a way to
end our season there. Maybe I'll get a few more days at Loveland.
Things looked great there.
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 9th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 20
Posted By Sam Seiber
Intrawest and Vail pass increases

Chris in Hopkins, MN wrote:

I dunno I always think it's kind of funny when locals bitch that they
have to pay the same amount to ski for a whole season as tourists pay
to ski about a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58