Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Zeke
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 08, 11:37 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 23
Posted By Zeke
Norwegians: Hotbed of Skiing?

On Feb 22, 4:50*am, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"

... I'd also rule out states that were overly mountainous

... or perhaps even overly windswept or unpopulated.

.. Overly cold isn't ...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 22nd 08, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 22, 9:13*am, wrote:
On Feb 22, 4:50*am, "Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)"

wrote:
On Feb 21, 9:38 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 -...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 17th 08, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 20
Posted By Zeke
Any way to tell if wax is high fluoro or not?

On Feb 16, 10:46 pm, "
wrote:
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned this, but wax manufacturers
generally(certainly Swix and Toko do this) put...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By Zeke
New Salomon Classic RC Carbon Boots

On Feb 2, 9:15 pm, "kskier" wrote:
I just bought these,,,,,,and am just realizing, that they have the
pilot binding system on them. My question is,,,,,,do I have to buy...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 3rd 07, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Zeke
Crash!

On Feb 1, 10:28 pm, sherwindu wrote:
Wish all you speed demons would post where you ski so I can stay away. You
people are just as much a danger to others, as...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 20th 07, 10:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 29
Posted By Zeke
W-skate videos -- Double-push

Jan Gerrit Klok wrote:
When I was double-pushing my Crosskates, it *felt* like I was shifting my
weight around like a swinging hour glass, with my hips as the virtual pivot
point. I'd spend...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 4th 07, 06:54 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
Posted By Zeke
Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

More generally, could you try actually skiing on skis before
speculating on this sort of thing.

It's just a suggestion.
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 26th 06, 07:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 28
Posted By Zeke
New to rollerski - what skis to buy?

Terje Henriksen wrote:
"Lew Lasher" skrev i melding

Anyone living in a country with free medical service?

(This has,...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 7th 06, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 54
Posted By Zeke
looking for better technique isn't worth it

wrote:
I agree a bit Ken. If you watch a World Cup or Olympic race, there are
defintiey some skiers that have odd techniques or at least something
that the majority of skiers...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 7th 06, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 54
Posted By Zeke
looking for better technique isn't worth it

I call BS on this one! I'm sure you're much faster than me with
whatever level of skill you have. A good motor will almost always go
faster than good technique. However....

You seem to be...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 29th 06, 06:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 24
Posted By Zeke
The null hypothesis and a heretical suggestion about brushes?

wrote:
Well, show us the data when you finish your research. With so many
variables to control for, you ought to be finished about the same time
that global warming...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 12th 06, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 14
Posted By Zeke
Science behind skiing

Bjorn A. Payne Diaz wrote:
The easy thing would be to go to the library and look up "ice physics."
Well, maybe you'd have to hit a college library....but, I found a ton
of info in a book from...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12