Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: z?
Forum: Snowboarding April 4th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 7
Posted By z?
Sock advice?

Just a bit of feedback for anyone interested and in the hope it might
help future Google searchers..

I tried a few sock combos, but the thing that seemed to work best for
me was a very thin base...
Forum: Snowboarding March 22nd 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By z?
Tight socks

Not sure I'd want socks that someone else has worn :)

Fair point! Though I pointed out to them that I had base layer Tactel
on, so the socks didn't really touch my skin!

I think you're in your...
Forum: Snowboarding March 21st 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By z?
Tight socks

On 20 Mar, 22:59, Christopher Cox
wrote:
z? wrote:
A bit of a strange question, but I got these new Thirty-Two socks -
large size (apparently) and...
Forum: Snowboarding March 20th 07, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 4
Posted By z?
Tight socks

A bit of a strange question, but I got these new Thirty-Two socks -
large size (apparently) and they're really tight-fitting around the
upper shin / calf. Anyone with a medical understanding, or...
Forum: Snowboarding March 20th 07, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 3
Posted By z?
Snow Pants

On 20 Mar, 15:54, "RigasMinho" wrote:
Anyone recommend any good snow pants?
I want it to be water resistant and keep me warm in cold cold weather.

I want to order it...
Forum: Snowboarding March 18th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By z?
Newbie question - on the flat

On 18 Mar, 02:27, Jolly_O wrote:

I got the bruised or cracked ribs the last time out. My elbow found
my ribs in a way that I didn't think possible. I wish that I...
Forum: Snowboarding March 17th 07, 06:43 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 16
Posted By z?
Newbie question - on the flat

I get body-slammed. Ouch!

Do you wear tailbone-protective shorts? They take away a lot of pain,
though I suppose for body slams less relevant. I have upper body
protection as well, as I did a...
Forum: Snowboarding March 5th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 7
Posted By z?
Sock advice?

On 19 Feb, 20:41, Neil Gendzwill wrote:
Silk socks are old technology. The new polypropelene socks are both
cheaper and better. A thin polyprosockwicks moisture away from...
Forum: Snowboarding February 17th 07, 11:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 7
Posted By z?
Sock advice?

Thanks, that seems to validate what I've heard. I've checked out some
sites and found some silk liners, and also a double layer sock which
claims to do the same thing. Also found a very thin outer...
Forum: Snowboarding February 16th 07, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 0
Posted By z?
Sock advice?

I've been boarding 6+ years, and have always had a few problems with
blisters, though my boots feel comfortable.

I bought some decent boarding socks with padding, but I think I
actually created too...
Forum: Snowboarding February 16th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 7
Posted By z?
Sock advice?

I've been boarding 6+ years, and have always had a few problems with
blisters, though my boots feel comfortable.

I bought some decent boarding socks with padding, but I think I
actually created too...
Forum: Snowboarding January 10th 07, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 7
Posted By z?
control with the back leg?

I would really appreciate it if someone can give me some tips on how to
relief pressure off my back leg (I think I'm doing something wrong
here). If you know of any good websites that give...
Forum: Snowboarding October 23rd 06, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 7
Posted By z?
new 2 snowboarding

hi. one of my friends wants to take me snowboarding and i have no gear
and i rather not spend money on rentals. any advice on what to get for
the best women's boards boots bindings etc? thanks

If...
Forum: Snowboarding October 23rd 06, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 1
Posted By z?
Val D'Isere compared to 3 Valleys?

Hi all! cheery smile and wave to denote approaching season enthusiasm

We're thinking about Val D'Isere in January, but as we're addicted to
the 3 Valleys (usually pitch up in Mottaret then scoot...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14