Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Beloved Leader
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) January 25th 08, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 5
Posted By Beloved Leader
suggestion of ski resort near Boulder or enver

On Jan 22, 5:52 pm, wrote:
Hello All,

I am going on a buisness trip in Boulder on mid-February. I will
arrive at Denver, get a car, go to Boulder and then go back to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) January 25th 08, 02:04 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

On Jan 22, 5:52 pm, wrote:
Hello All,

I am going on a buisness trip in Boulder on mid-February. I will
arrive at Denver, get a car, go to Boulder and then go back to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) March 24th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 8
Posted By Beloved Leader
Utah's Epic Ride - New York Times

klaus wrote:
Beloved Leader wrote:
The huge photo in the article was actually taken in Wyoming.

Really?? Looks like Superior to me,s

confused, and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) March 21st 07, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated

klaus wrote:
Beloved Leader wrote:
The huge photo in the article was actually taken in Wyoming.

Really?? Looks like Superior to me,s

confused, and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) March 14th 07, 08:50 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 8
Posted By Beloved Leader
Utah's Epic Ride - New York Times

Check the NYT Travel section from Sunday, March 11.

"A tour through perfect powder and rugged backcountry linking six
Wasatch Range...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) March 8th 07, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Replies: 0
Posted By Beloved Leader
China's New Skiing Boom 03/06/07

It was a news story on the PBS program "Nightly Business Report" on
Tuesday night.

Start with:
http://www.pbs.org/nbr/site/onair/transcripts/070306a/

and then click on
China's New Skiing Boom...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 23rd 06, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By Beloved Leader
Why Is A Ski Fast?

jimbo wrote:
OK, maybe a dumb question.

I don't think so. I saved this pdf article to my hard drive two years
ago.

"There's something in the way you...
Forum: Snowboarding November 16th 06, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 27
Posted By Beloved Leader
super cheap homemade snowboard

Jrobb wrote:
I saw a slick longboard the other day... it was an old waterski ....

I hadn't thought of that. I see those thrown out from time to time too.
I have lots of surplus trucks, just not a...
Forum: Snowboarding November 15th 06, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 27
Posted By Beloved Leader
super cheap homemade snowboard

Beloved Leader wrote:
... I immediately persued the notion of doing it myself. Not only
that, but once I had the carburetor off, I found that the source of the
leak was not a bad intake...
Forum: Snowboarding November 15th 06, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 27
Posted By Beloved Leader
super cheap homemade snowboard

David Peacock wrote:
Beloved Leader wrote:
Seems like a lot of work. ...
it's soooo much easier to buy one.

Forgive me if I am missing your point, but...
Forum: Snowboarding November 15th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 27
Posted By Beloved Leader
super cheap homemade snowboard

wrote:

http://www.snowboardmaterials.com/pages/materials2.htm

Hmmm, interesting. Seems like a lot of work. Sort of like building your
own DVD player when you can buy one for...
Forum: Snowboarding November 12th 06, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Replies: 27
Posted By Beloved Leader
super cheap homemade snowboard

wrote:
my main question was wether the formica would slide well.

Not as well as PTFE. Have you seen any commercially available boards
with Formica bases?
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 3rd 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 46
Posted By Beloved Leader
SLC resorts logistics

wrote:

2. How long does it take the free ski bus to get from downtown SLC to
the four Cottonwood Canyon resorts? Is there a direct bus to each
resort, or is...
Forum: Snowboarding November 3rd 06, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 44
Posted By Beloved Leader
SLC resorts logistics