Showing results 1 to 25 of 29
Search took 0.38 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Let Mikey Ski It!
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 5th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Wow. Deep stuff at Breck!

On 2007-04-04 20:28:01 -0600, "hr(bob) "
said:

I'm coming out the Monday after Easter - next Monday. How's the snow
at lower levels where more typical...
Forum: Alpine Skiing April 2nd 07, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Wow. Deep stuff at Breck!

If you knew where to ski (and did not care about needing visibility):

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/PowderDay%20Photography/Blog05-06/files/Deep.html

Mike...
--

See my ski photography and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 6th 07, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

"hr(bob) " said:

I wish I was young and good enuf to ski up there.

Me too. :)

The four quick hikes to the Peak 8 summit about did me in.

Thanks,
Forum: Alpine Skiing March 5th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 2
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Breckenridge: Snow White

Today was the day:

http://tinyurl.com/36mwbu

Mike...

--
See my ski photography and Breckenridge photo ski blog at http://Powderday.us
Carpe powder-diem!

On 2007-01-22 08:36:26 -0700, said:

Department of trivialities: Those of you who like to keep track of the
time when you're on the slopes -- how do you do it? I can't...
Forum: Snowboarding January 23rd 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 25
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Telling time on the slopes

On 2007-01-22 08:36:26 -0700, said:

Department of trivialities: Those of you who like to keep track of the
time when you're on the slopes -- how do you do it? I can't...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 21st 07, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
skiing a bowl

said:

Mike - I checked our your site, awesome pictures!

Thanks. I had a "incident" today in the Lake Chutes. Story and pic
tomorrow. Ow ow.

I am planning a trip
to...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 15th 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 15
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
skiing a bowl

Randy Starkey wrote:
Hi,

I am an advanced skier, not expert. I tried to ski a bowl at Copper, Union
Jack, it's a single/double diamond, and I got onto a steep portion of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 11th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 1
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Where are all the Summit County CO skiers

On 2007-01-10 14:16:50 -0700, " said:

I've been looking at the Keystone and Breck web sites and there seem to
be empty slopes. Even over the weekend things...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 10th 07, 03:26 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 3
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Great Powder in the Interior

On 2007-01-08 23:52:44 -0700, "Norm" said:

The trail map really doesn't do it justice. ...

Yes, an amazing mountain. I will be driving through there again in a
few weeks...
Forum: Alpine Skiing January 7th 07, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 4
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
HUGE I-70 slide

On 2007-01-06 16:49:13 -0700, "snoig" said:

.... There's only so much you can do in these conditions.

I had some fun with the avalanche control guys at Breck...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 30th 06, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 8
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Which Canadian/Yankie ski field has the hottest chics?

"Andy" said:

And like to party?

Buck Hill, MN. Don't tell anyone else.

Mike...

--
See my ski photography and Breckenridge photo ski blog at http://Powderday.us
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 21st 06, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On 2006-12-20 15:40:33 -0700, "Jay Pique" said:

...I think Surefoot is actually their own store in Breck. I'm
not sure what brand orthotics that I've got. Regardless,...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 21st 06, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Colorado snow reports lie

On 2006-12-20 09:05:19 -0700, "c" said:
condo was in Wildernest. Never failed though, either Breck or Key or
Copper would always exagerate their snowfall. Yeah, can find...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 20th 06, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Colorado snow reports lie

On 2006-12-18 13:58:25 -0700, "c" said:

Owned a condo in Summit County, CO last year, and was always amuzing to
read the morning's snow report. Seems to me that the resorts...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 17th 06, 05:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 5
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Breck update - (snoig????)

On 2006-12-16 14:25:21 -0700, "snoig" said:
tg wrote:
Heading to Breck this weekend with the family. Reading the web site doesn't
look like alot of fresh there. How are the...
Forum: Alpine Skiing December 6th 06, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 37
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Dropping out and "moving to the mountains"

On 2006-12-06 10:05:01 -0700, "Jeff" said:

I've never actually posted here, but I've been subscribed to this group
for about a year and a half now. I'm 24 and...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 26th 06, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 14
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
!@#$!@#$

Sam Seiber said:

... Is it me, or
are we busier here in CO than this time in the past?

It seems like that to me, too. Breck is extra crazy now since the base
of...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 6th 06, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Off Topic skiing (was some wingnut rant or another)

"snoig" said:
Must be that CRS kicking in. It's the Seven Dwarves but Snow White is
close enough.

We are both right. See the Breck ad in the Warren Miller paper insert...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 5th 06, 03:21 PM Posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Off Topic skiing (was some wingnut rant or another)

"Maxprop" said:

Majordomo brain fart, guys. When I looked at the photos from the trip
to Colorado, the date stamps showed 2004. I thought, "How can this be?
Did I...
Forum: Alpine Skiing November 4th 06, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 24
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Off Topic skiing (was some wingnut rant or another)

"Maxprop" said:
Well, last year was the third best on record (since something like
1880) for early season snowfall...
Forum: Backcountry Skiing November 2nd 06, 02:47 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Yah, it is getting so crowded, no one skis here...

Yah, it is getting so crowded, no one skis here anymore.
Forum: Alpine Skiing October 14th 06, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Replies: 0
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Ski Buffalo?

There must be some good skiing going on there somewhere right now (golf
courses, grocery store loading ramps, freeway overpasses). Anybody shot
any pics? I am sitting somwhere in the south pacific...
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) September 29th 05, 02:27 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
Photogs always get first tracks. Law.

Photogs always get first tracks. Law.
Forum: Alpine Skiing (moderated) September 27th 05, 01:14 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Let Mikey Ski It!
No towers yet, but you can see 5 bases if you...

No towers yet, but you can see 5 bases if you look closely that the BF chopper put down this summer. Opening is Jan 6th. I am hoping for shots on 5 Jan. :)

The "??" must be the liftee outhouse. I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 29