Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bjorn A. Payne Diaz
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 4th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 17
When Is Rex Blue Glide Wax Fast?

Rex blue:

-Very old snow 10-15F, and even down to 5 F start if the temps are
rising quick.
-Fine grain 15-20 F
-New snow: Start blue is much better. Rex blue is not too good (in the
teens).

Rex...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 1st 08, 01:48 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
City of Lakes Loppet wax ideas

On Jan 31, 9:51*pm, "Mike" wrote:
With the race right around the corner, what is being kicked around for wax
ideas? *Looks like the forecast is a looking a bit cooler...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 21st 08, 07:36 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 18
What are typical low end temperatures for XC?

This weekend I skied all three days.

It was near 5-7F on Friday and quite windy, maybe 15 mph with gusts.
Bad ass day for skiing. I skated for an hour out in the open. (I
didn't want to drive...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 14th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 9
Prepping for Races

Christopher,

I've come to the conclusion that tapering for skiing doesn't work for
me. I just get flat. If you have not been racing, I wouldn't worry
about tapering. You may just de-condition. I...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 13th 07, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Toxic Ski and snowboard wax polluting groundwater???

Around here (Twin Cities) 3M has gotten quite a reputation for dumping
or deposing of barrels of perforinated chemicals into either the river
or landfills. On one hand, the employees who've had...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 3rd 07, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
MN snow

After what seems like a decade of no early snow, we finally have early
season skiing. I kind of hate to say anything in case I jinx the whole
snow mojo thing. Cyclists had their time; it's our time...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 19th 07, 01:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 5
Video

Nothing to say, just pushing MI5 down the list.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 19th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
biathlonworld video recording

Nothing to say, just pushing MI5 down the list.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 19th 07, 01:23 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 15
altitude tent bologna

Nothing to say, just pushing MI5 down the list.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 15th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now;Anyone know where to get in Europe?

If the order falls through, you can try Finn-sisu again. I guess Marwe
made a special run of wheels to fill orders.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 14th 07, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Not much

On Nov 13, 9:23 am, WasGitchi wrote:
Jay - you may not have meant that to be funny, and i'm sure it wasn't
when it happened, but I did get a perverse chuckle when i read it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing November 12th 07, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Not much

Since there ain't much happ ning here, I'll blab a little.

Rollerskied today with the group. We used to have 20-40 people show up
for rollerskiing and the problem was too many people all over...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 18th 07, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Marwe medium speed skate wheels (#6) unavailable in U.S. now; Anyone know where to get in Europe?

Someone suggested I try Telemark Pyrenees in France and I've already
emailed them. Can anyone suggest any Canadian retailers that carry
Marwe and any more European stores?

You can...
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 15th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 12
German Training Plans

I think it all comes down to motivation. If you're motivated, the
training follows. If not, you're either out of shape or unhappy.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 12th 07, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 8
Best pant for very cold and windy conditions - windproof front and back, or windproof front only?

I have some pants with windstopper front and a lycra back. The
windstopper is actually too warm...too good at stopping wind, so the
pants are only good for really cold weather like -10F and wind....
Forum: Nordic Skiing October 11th 07, 11:54 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Scott Elliot Died. Sad Sad Sad

...just horrible.

Jay
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 13th 07, 05:11 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Roll Out Start?

On Sep 13, 11:58 am, "Norski" wrote:
Bear Chase, Ely and Pepsi Challenge are about the only races that spectators

I hate to drone on about stuff, but...

The Pepsi...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 10th 07, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Roll Out Start?

Dave,

You bring up a good point about skiing backwards on the course. With
Seeley, you're skiing a km on trail that is not used for the race. I
never thought about your situation.

As for the Bear...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 7th 07, 12:41 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Roll Out Start?

The importance of the start comes in when there are 500 clothing bags to
move to the finish. If we have the same start and finish, we don't have to
move them. If the finish is 1K from the...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 30th 07, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 11
Roll Out Start?

On Aug 30, 10:16 am, wrote:
(e.g., Jay's infamous Seeley
start or broken poles).

One thing to learn from that incident is that you can't prevent idiots
from being idiots....
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 10th 07, 12:19 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Ski Tunnel

On Aug 9, 2:12 pm, "
wrote:
Now I think the guys are

joking around more, lipping-off during races, and hardly doing any off-
season ski...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 9th 07, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Ski Tunnel

I think skiers like to go places. Skiers are the type of people that
would rather do a hike in the mountains than run on a treadmill. On a
treadmill, mag trainer, nordic track, anything stuck in a...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 8th 07, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Did any skiers get trapped in the Twin Cities bridge collapse?

On Aug 7, 2:11 pm, "32 degrees" wrote:
Sorry for the loss Jay. I was wondering the same after the accident.

To bring it back to skiing again though ---

you...
Forum: Nordic Skiing August 6th 07, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 39
Did any skiers get trapped in the Twin Cities bridge collapse?

On Aug 6, 11:09 am, "Bjorn A. Payne Diaz"
wrote:

I doubt anyone here knew him, but Julie and I lost a friend.

I guess I could be more specific. Pat Holmes, a former...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100