Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: lolix
Forum: Alpine Skiing May 6th 12, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.skiing.alpine,rec.skiing.nordic,rec.skiing.snowboard,rec.skiing.backcountry
Replies: 12
Posted By lolix
Best extreme DVDs?

xczone.tv may have some stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ektfgA1PWy0&feature=player_embedded
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 29th 12, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 0
Posted By lolix
Angle Grinder vs Drill

Beside his ideas on how to improve glide, that are not the object of
that topic, Kuzmin came up with tools that fit onto and Angle Grinder
instead of a Drill.

Using a tool the way it has been...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 27th 12, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By lolix
Coating vs Waxing

Is it still a sintered base?

Yes it is.

Mr Urs Geissbühler has been quoted by Leonid Kuzmin and also there by
Alan Shepard : http://www.escnordic.org.uk/ (Myths, then pores)

So I wrote to...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 26th 12, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By lolix
Coating vs Waxing

there is a very low percentage of open space *to absorb wax

Chemists say that wax goes in there by dilution. There is no "open
space" nor pores in the UHMWPE.
By cooling done the base, a small...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 12, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By lolix
White bases at the biathlon world cup

Antholz french Relay victory.
Alexis Boeuf, (and also Martin Fourcade, as seen on...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 22nd 12, 10:58 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By lolix
Coating vs Waxing

. Finally, I think Kuzmin is missing the idea that wax
wearing off the ski will make the ski faster.

I thanks Kuzmin for having brought to the attention of everyone a fact
that was well...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 17th 12, 11:46 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 10
Posted By lolix
Coating vs Waxing

See FluoroPolymeric Coating By Leonid Kuzmin
http://kuzmin.se/pgs/fp_drum_en.html
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 11th 12, 08:40 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 3
Posted By lolix
Peter Northug - Tour de ski - Toblach

Hi,

I have the feeling that Peter had poorly performing skis that day.

Man, he couldn't draft on Mario (Ok, drafting behind a V2 skier isn't
a *real* gain in no-wind conditions). Then, caught by...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 5th 12, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By lolix
White bases at the biathlon world cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kj80YL3-4
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 5th 12, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By lolix
White bases at the biathlon world cup

Marie Dorin - shooting 1.

at 1' on the video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8kj80yl3-4

very wet snow...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 9th 11, 11:44 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By lolix
White bases at the biathlon world cup

P-Tex 4000 Clear seems to be still available from CPS (formerly Gurit,
formerly IMS)

http://www.cps-gmbh.net/p-tex-sintered.php
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 2nd 11, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 7
Posted By lolix
White bases at the biathlon world cup

Unless I'm wrong, Martin Fourcade's skis have plain white bases at his
victory in Östersund.

Check the video around...
Forum: Nordic Skiing March 6th 11, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 2
Posted By lolix
Oslo : And the winner is...

Fischer.
Other brands are almost nowhere to be seen.
Specifically Madshus, at home. Looks like a disaster for them.

Is it technology, conformism or just money ?

The biathlon scene shows a bit more...
Forum: Nordic Skiing January 1st 11, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By lolix
Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

Hi Jay,
I was hoping that you would still be around.
Would be nice to have your comments.
Also, If you still have connection with some chemists there, would be
nice to have their tips.

I found...
Forum: Nordic Skiing December 28th 10, 11:21 AM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 6
Posted By lolix
Nanowax vs Homenkol speedFinish

Hi,

looks like Nanowax (formerly Cerax) products have been now completely
integrated into Homenkol range of products under the name of
"speedfinish". The Nanowax brand has been dropped.
In fact it...
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 10, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By lolix
metal scraper (kuzmin)

I know that the visual aspect do says much on the glide ability, but

woops.. I know that the visual aspect DON'T say much on the glide
ability
Forum: Nordic Skiing February 5th 10, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 1
Posted By lolix
metal scraper (kuzmin)

After exercising last year with my kuzmin scraper (with much success)
on used skis
I decided to order a new pair of skis with "raw" base. No factory
stone grind.
Having a ski manufacturer at hand...
Forum: Nordic Skiing September 16th 09, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Replies: 4
Posted By lolix
kuzmin "drum"

I've seen on Kuzmin web site that he proposes a rotor "drum" tool,
http://www.kuzmin.se/pgs/drum_en.html but didn't find any information
on that ?

(BTW, have we lost the archives of that newsgroup...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18